Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 36 Madison Central 0
Final
Congratulations Southwestern!!! Undefeated is something to be proud of!!
Central is weak minded and soft. Never thought I’d say that about a Mike Holcomb team.
I heard some stuff last night....... I can't blame this interruption on Mr. Holcomb. Its honestly not his fault.. There has been some things that has happened that has nothing to do with him but no doubt affecting this team. I'll leave it at that.
Southwestern is really good but they are in trouble if they get to Douglass.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Bull got out!
With all due respect… Isn’t he the Head Coach? It’s his program, if he is allowing stuff to happen it’s on him!
(10-29-2022, 02:30 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Southwestern is really good but they are in trouble if they get to Douglass.

Fact!  Smile
(10-29-2022, 03:05 PM)ironfist13 Wrote: With all due respect… Isn’t he the Head Coach? It’s his program, if he is allowing stuff to happen it’s on him!

Im not going to talk about it but from what I heard, No you are correct in what you say, but in this situation, there isn't a coach in the world who could do anything about it...So no I fully disagree. Its not on him, its not got actually anthing to do with him and thats all I'm saying.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Gitback Coach
It’s been the same problems for a long time. MC is ran by AF and his cronies. The ADMIN has allowed all this to go on for years and now the main one is principal. And everyone is surprised all of a sudden.
You add in the H FAMILY that they allow to run around doing what they want, you add in the UNDISCIPLINED stuff that is allowed to happen. Coaches and players fighting during and after games…. Etc etc…

News flash the SAME issues were around when Mark Scenters was there but the issues were somehow his fault then. My how that has changed
Why are coaches fighting each other?
Whoever is to blame, for a team with such good size and athleticism, Madison Central is as weak fundamentally as I have ever seen. Watching them play Pikeville made me wonder if the MC coaches practice arm tackling as a skill. 

MC reminds me of Johnson Central during the three seasons between the coaching tenures of Bill Musick and Jim Matney. Those three seasons were filled with in fighting among staff, parents undermining the coaching staff, etc. In JC's case, the program had the support of the administration, so responsibility belonged on the head coaches during those three seasons and they were held accountable for the results. If the administration is not united in their support of the football program, then no head coach is going to enjoy much success.
A friend of my family told me two years that “teeth and tan” would not rest til he had this job and that even if AF and Holcomb were friends….the minute the football program started doing well; that too would change.

Is she right? Are these the root causes of problems over there? I hadn’t heard any of this, until now.