Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 36 Paintsville 0
Pikeville slapped the Tigers around. Boykins is a very impressive athlete.
Paintsville looks like a shell of what they were a few years ago. Its the roller coaster ride of 1A numbers Id say. Paintsville was much smaller and slower upfront than they have been in previous years.
Pikeville is still the favorite & has to be considered the best team in 1A until someone proves otherwise!! When they lose to someone in their own class we'll have to reassess things. Until then it's Pikeville's to lose!!
He was, and Coach Mac and staff could have tacked a couple more scores to the board, but instead he put his underclassmen to work for much needed reps. Good to see a coaching staff do that.
(09-03-2022, 01:30 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 01:18 PM)Panther88 Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 12:23 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-02-2022, 11:41 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Pikeville losses not looking so bad now. Cov Cath wins at Lex Cath 7-6 and Corbin beats Franklin County 40-20.
The losses never looked bad. Lexington Catholic has not been a factor in 4A since joining the class. Covington Catholic is not a very good 5A team, at least when compared to the teams that they have fielded in the recent past. Pikeville is an outstanding 1A team and it really doesn't matter how well they fare against the strongest teams on their schedule.
Was Covington better last year than this year?

I would say definitely yes.
But this Lexington Catholic team that has never been a threat beat them last year
Pikeville was so good in the Corbin game I was pretty taken aback that 1A could be like that. It made me very happy we are 3A.