Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Greenup County
0%
Lawrence County
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County @ Lawrence County 9/02
Greenup County will travel to Lawrence County this Friday.

Greenup County (2-0)
Aug 19, 22 Fleming County home (W) 34 - 33
Aug 26, 22 Martin County home (W) 43 - 6 

Lawrence County (1-0)
Aug 19, 22 Harrison County away (W) 36 - 0

Series Per KHSAA
Oct 15, 1999 Lawrence County 59 Greenup County 27 District game
Oct 13, 2000 Greenup County 18 Lawrence County 0 (District Game)
Oct 12, 2001 Lawrence County 26 Greenup County 7
Oct 18, 2002 Greenup County 16 Lawrence County 6
Oct 31, 2003 Lawrence County 26 Greenup County 3
Oct 29, 2004 Lawrence County 52 Greenup County 35
Oct 28, 2005 Lawrence County 13 Greenup County 6
Oct 27, 2006 Lawrence County 30 Greenup County 20
Oct 19, 2007 Greenup County 35 Lawrence County 20
Oct 24, 2008 Greenup County 19 Lawrence County 0
Oct 9, 2009 Lawrence County 52 Greenup County 12
Oct 8, 2010 Lawrence County 40 Greenup County 19
Sep 18, 2015 Lawrence County 19 Greenup County 15
Sep 16, 2016 Greenup County 33 Lawrence County 12
Sep 15, 2017 Greenup County 38 Lawrence County 14
Sep 14, 2018 Lawrence County 37 Greenup County 6
Sep 3, 2021 Lawrence County 34 Greenup County 7

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d

Thoughts?
Greenup has the Sammons boys and Howard shows signs of being a good back as well. I dont think they can battle woth Lawrence upfront for 4 quarters though.

LC 36
GC 17
Bulldogs by 2-3 scores
Dawgs by 3+ scores.
I'm interested to see if Greenup can hold up to Lawrence. Since COVID hit, Lawrence has only lost to Belfry and Raceland. That's pretty good. If Greenup can make it a game, then they can compete in their district this year. If not, then I was wrong about my impression of the Musketeers in the initial weeks of the season. The weakness of opponents can sometimes really fool you when watching on the internet.

Lawrence probably wins, but I don't know what the margin will be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • Brutus
Greenup is brought back to reality in this game ….LC beats them down

LC 42
GC 6
LAWRENCE COUNTY-34
GREENUP COUNTY- 22
(08-28-2022, 11:04 AM)16thregioner Wrote: And both of those losses by a combined eight points despite the 42-13 loss to Belfry earlier in the year. I think Lawrence has improved over the past couple seasons and are getting to be more consistent in the win column. They have a solid group again this year with some great talent in the underclassmen, middle and youth teams. The players have bought into what coach Short and staff have preached and we are seeing the results. The culture of the team is completely different than it has been in the past and these kids are more mentally tough. Fundamentals were one thing of many that plagued LC in the past but with some great additions to the staff, they have worked their tails off to get better. 

I'm interested to see if Greenup can hold up to Lawrence.  Since COVID hit, Lawrence has only lost to Belfry and Raceland.  That's pretty good.  If Greenup can make it a game, then they can compete in their district this year.  If not, then I was wrong about my impression of the Musketeers in the initial weeks of the season.  The weakness of opponents can sometimes really fool you when watching on the internet.

Lawrence probably wins, but I don't know what the margin will be.

And both of those losses by a combined eight points despite the 42-13 loss to Belfry earlier in the year. I think Lawrence has improved over the past couple seasons and are getting to be more consistent in the win column. They have a solid group again this year with some great talent in the underclassmen, middle and youth teams. The players have bought into what coach Short and staff have preached and we are seeing the results. The culture of the team is completely different than it has been in the past and these kids are more mentally tough. Fundamentals were one thing of many that plagued LC in the past but with some great additions to the staff, they have worked their tails off to get better.
If Greenup is at all competent then this game will be very close and could go either way. Watched the Harrison Co game and I'm a realist who always keeps the team tinted glasses off. LC just isn't all that great. If Harrison Co could have gotten out of their own way, that game would be close and the score is very deceptive. We are very mediocre and one dimensional on offense and the defense is........well......good God! Any team with a competent QB and receiver will light this defense up all night. Harrison Co honestly had probably more penalty yards then positive yards from scrimmage and I'm not exaggerating. If Harrison didn't end up with over 100 yards of penalties then the didn't have any at all. Same old problems just a different year....after year.....after year.... Horrible fundamentals and tackling and half of the team in mass confusion on almost every play, from a team that is supposedly returning a bunch of experience, but you cant tell. Lawrence Co hasn't fielded a competitive team capable of playing with the top 5 teams of their class, other then a few brief years under coach Salmons who left for Cable Midland, in over a decade.
(08-31-2022, 12:58 AM)Do-double-gg Wrote: If Greenup is at all competent then this game will be very close and could go either way. Watched the Harrison Co game and I'm a realist who always keeps the team tinted glasses off. LC just isn't all that great. If Harrison Co could have gotten out of their own way, that game would be close and the score is very deceptive. We are very mediocre and one dimensional on offense and the defense is........well......good God! Any team with a competent QB and receiver will light this defense up all night. Harrison Co honestly had probably more penalty yards then positive yards from scrimmage and I'm not exaggerating. If Harrison didn't end up with over 100 yards of penalties then the didn't have any at all. Same old problems just a different year....after year.....after year.... Horrible fundamentals and tackling and half of the team in mass confusion on almost every play, from a team that is supposedly returning a bunch of experience, but you cant tell. Lawrence Co hasn't fielded a competitive team capable of playing with the top 5 teams of their class, other then a few brief years under coach Salmons who left for Cable Midland, in over a decade.
Saying Lawrence County hasn’t fielded a competitive team of playing with the top 5 teams other than the Salmon years is asinine. Did you not watch last years team? They lost to the eventually state champion in the district finals by 1 score. They were driving and drove to the Belfry 17 yard line with 40 some seconds left before throwing an interception. So, I’d say that was a pretty competitive year. 

I think Lawrence County wins this game but the margin win be closer than some think. I’d say 35-21.
Both teams are pretty good. I give the edge to LC but not by much due to their line play and Greenup will struggle to cover number 2 for LC.
(08-31-2022, 10:58 AM)IntheZone Wrote: Both teams are pretty good. I give the edge to LC but not by much due to their line play and Greenup will struggle to cover number 2 for LC.
Greenup is not good haha
(08-31-2022, 11:58 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 10:58 AM)IntheZone Wrote: Both teams are pretty good. I give the edge to LC but not by much due to their line play and Greenup will struggle to cover number 2 for LC.
Greenup is not good haha

Are they good enough to win state? No. Are they good enough to compete in their district? Yes. I think they are a middle of the pack 3A team who is pretty good. By no means are they great but they have some dudes on their team that can play and are vastly improved from previous years. If I am not mistaken the juniors or sophomores on their team were in the state championship game in 8th grade.
(08-31-2022, 02:16 PM)IntheZone Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 11:58 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
Greenup is not good haha

Are they good enough to win state? No. Are they good enough to compete in their district? Yes. I think they are a middle of the pack 3A team who is pretty good. By no means are they great but they have some dudes on their team that can play and are vastly improved from previous years. If I am not mistaken the juniors or sophomores on their team were in the state championship game in 8th grade.
I believe the district they play in will be a fun competitive district to watch this season
(08-03-2022, 10:21 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: [quote="Bull got out!" pid="2360231" dateline="1659496427"]
I have to ask, what happened different in the last game between Belfry and the first game last year? Those two scores are

[quote="Do-double-gg" pid='2365412' dateline='1661918282']
If Greenup is at all competent then this game will be very close and could go either way. Watched the Harrison Co game and I'm a realist who always keeps the team tinted glasses off. LC just isn't all that great. If Harrison Co could have gotten out of their own way, that game would be close and the score is very deceptive. We are very mediocre and one dimensional on offense and the defense is........well......good God! Any team with a competent QB and receiver will light this defense up all night. Harrison Co honestly had probably more penalty yards then positive yards from scrimmage and I'm not exaggerating. If Harrison didn't end up with over 100 yards of penalties then the didn't have any at all. Same old problems just a different year....after year.....after year.... Horrible fundamentals and tackling and half of the team in mass confusion on almost every play, from a team that is supposedly returning a bunch of experience, but you cant tell. Lawrence Co hasn't fielded a competitive team capable of playing with the top 5 teams of their class, other then a few brief years under coach Salmons who left for Cable Midland, in over a decade.

This is just a hyperbolic post. If it is a serious observation, quit watching football and go follow something else.

Seriously. The 2015 LC squad had ridiculous talent. More at the skill spots than an LC team since ‘99.

The defense of this LC team is quite stout and will handle the passing game as it comes.

I’ll agree with you on one aspect - if Harrison had the brains to line up wishbone or T double tight, they’d mash a LOT of teams. Their scheme hurts them.

But…

…If LC and Greenup is close, it’ll be homecoming hangover. If you don’t know LC’s homecoming week that won’t make sense to you. Even with that, if this game is any closer than two TDs without major injuries and flag shenanigans, the it’ll be appropriate to look closer.
This game is a toss up for me. Advantage goes to Lawrence because they run an offense that is very hard to prepare for In a week. I know it gives Raceland fits every year.
I humbly bow to Do Double and do double a vow to defer to his scouting and opinion from here.
He had this game pegged and I had LC regarded too highly. Threw away multiple chances to win the game and lost a top lineman/punter as well.