Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pikeville vs. North Laurel / Sweet 16 rd.1
(03-17-2022, 03:24 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 01:47 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 12:26 AM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 12:23 AM)fansville Wrote: I can’t wait to hear some of the excuses being thrown around after this game plays out
Why would Pikeville make excuses?  If they lose to North they still went out at Rupp.  Losing to a 5 star UK commit on his future home floor is nothing to be ashamed of. I don’t think they’ll be any excuses.   The Panthers have had an amazing season and those seniors get to finish at Rupp while others are at home.  Pretty sweet if you ask me.

sounds like you are prepping excuses for a loss ..
We miss you on this thread

i should've prepped me some excuses myself so it seems ..
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-17-2022, 03:20 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 10:26 PM)WinkWinkler Wrote: Field let me down. North Laurel will not. By 20. The 15th region is terrible and will be even worse next year with all the 19 year olds moving on. Pikeville is the weakest team in the field. I predict the 15th region will not win a game in the Sweet Sixteen in the next 25 years.
delete your account clown

All that's left for the King now is to go wank off da Wink.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-17-2022, 11:30 AM)2000PHS Wrote: There are few things that are more enjoyable to read on here than a good ole JetP victory lap hahaha
You think Paintsville has haters, the angst in these Pikeville threads was something to behold lol...
(03-17-2022, 07:00 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: Here’s my excuse. Pikeville had a better team. Justice had a great defensive game plan, and Valentine never made an adjustment, he needed someone else out front to try to free Sheppard up on the offensive end. Although that might not have mattered, because that was the worst game I’ve ever seen Reed play.  And North’s lack of anyone around Reed, other than Davidson, who did have a nice game, was exposed.  I told my wife during warmups while watching Sammons that he was going to be a problem for North. Dude can play, and has got to be what JP, 6-7 or so?. What I didn’t know from warmups was that Worrix was gonna be that quick and pesky.  That’s a good basketball team. If they could somehow get GRC Friday, and I hope they do, they’re going to Saturday night.
I think Samons 6-7, Walters 6-6 and Robinson 6-5 for Pikeville, they have good size and athleticism. Great to see you on here again Van.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hambley
I thought it just looked like Pikeville as a team wanted it more, Shepherd was put in a spot of having to try and do to much….Looked a whole lot like the UK / UT game last week
Thanks JP, I’m back for music and sports only! Again, Pikeville had a great defensive game plan and executed it to perfection. I feel for Reed though, I’ve seen him play probably 50 times, and I’ve never seen him have a game like last night. I’m sure a lot of folks saw him for the first time and probably think he’s overhyped, I get that, but I’m telling you the dude can ball. I just thought it was good defense executed perfectly, and he got frustrated and tried to do too much, because other than Davidson North doesn’t have guys that can really hurt the opposition.
I have 3 takeaways from this game, the 1st two points are pretty obvious but the 3rd point in my opinion was the key to the game and may get overlooked.
1. Keian Worrix controlled this game from the tip, his effort and speed/tempo was overwhelming. His ability to collapse the defense and find the open man was huge, as it has been all year. He is the motor..
2. Rylee Samons is so efficient, I love when a player puts up big numbers without having to take 25 shots. He knocked down big shot after big shot.
3. Finally, the adjustment to put Tate Walters on Reed Sheppard was massive. Tate had the size and athleticism to affect everything that Reed tried to do offensively. Not may players have the ability to slow down Reed the way that Tate and Laithan did last night.
I'm not positive but I believe he finished with 14 points, 6 of them late with a 3 and then an and 1 in transition. Shot 5/20 (25%).
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Scoop's post:
  • Big Five-0-
gonna be people hospitalized from crow over eating in this thread. I mean this one must have been very upsetting.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hambley's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
(03-17-2022, 12:47 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-17-2022, 11:30 AM)2000PHS Wrote: There are few things that are more enjoyable to read on here than a good ole JetP victory lap hahaha
You think Paintsville has haters, the angst in these Pikeville threads was something to behold lol...
If Paintsville and Pikeville merged the world would come to a stand still.
(03-17-2022, 07:26 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(03-17-2022, 12:47 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
If Paintsville and Pikeville merged the world would come to a stand still.
Either that or spin off its axis haha...
(03-17-2022, 03:37 PM)The Scoop Wrote: I have 3 takeaways from this game, the 1st two points are pretty obvious but the 3rd point in my opinion was the key to the game and may get overlooked.
1.  Keian Worrix controlled this game from the tip, his effort and speed/tempo was overwhelming.  His ability to collapse the defense and find the open man was huge, as it has been all year.  He is the motor..
2. Rylee Samons is so efficient, I love when a player puts up big numbers without having to take 25 shots.  He knocked down big shot after big shot.
3.  Finally, the adjustment to put Tate Walters on Reed Sheppard was massive.  Tate had the size and athleticism to affect everything that Reed tried to do offensively.  Not may players have the ability to slow down Reed the way that Tate and Laithan did last night. 
I'm not positive but I believe he finished with 14 points, 6 of them late with a 3 and then an and 1 in transition.  Shot 5/20 (25%).
I'd venture to say that was a season low for him or near it. As I was watching this game I was thinking Reed who? Tate Walters was on him like white on rice all throughout the game. Looks like UK should take a closer look at more mtn. players.

Lol! jp's victory lap might be a little slower this season. He won many sacks of money that's on on board. Eh, jp?
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot, The Scoop
I didn’t even think of how many sacks of money Jet picked up in Lex yesterday! Dude is rolling in it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hambley's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
North is always overrated in every sport they hype themselves up. Pikeville was clearly the better team.
(03-17-2022, 08:14 PM)Hambley Wrote: I didn’t even think of how many sacks of money Jet picked up in Lex yesterday! Dude is rolling in it.
More sacks today even though very sad about the loss.