Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Madison Southern
Jon Clark will resign after the playoffs…very successful tenure at Southern…State Runner-Up, Regional Title, 5 district titles…

This is a very good job…nice facilities, 2 solid middle school programs…will be an attractive job!
Any idea where he is going to go? Retiring for good or moving on?
(11-01-2021, 10:26 AM)FarristownFlyer Wrote: Jon Clark will resign after the playoffs…very successful tenure at Southern…State Runner-Up, Regional Title, 5 district titles…

This is a very good job…nice facilities, 2 solid middle school programs…will be an attractive job!

This is surprising. I agree that it is a solid program that should attract some good coaches. Any idea who might apply?
(11-02-2021, 05:18 AM)papagrit Wrote: Any idea where he is going to go?  Retiring for good or moving on?
Maybe he can go to The Rock Smile
(11-03-2021, 10:31 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 10:26 AM)FarristownFlyer Wrote: Jon Clark will resign after the playoffs…very successful tenure at Southern…State Runner-Up, Regional Title, 5 district titles…

This is surprising. I agree that it is a solid program that should attract some good coaches. Any idea who might apply?

Hearing Corbin's coach was first in line. He's trying to get away from the psycho fans down south.
(11-05-2021, 09:45 AM)jamesclay Wrote:

Hearing Corbin's coach was first in line. He's trying to get away from the psycho fans down south.

Big Grin You are something else little Henry.
(11-02-2021, 05:18 AM)papagrit Wrote: Any idea where he is going to go?  Retiring for good or moving on?

calling it quits for awhile, he quit teaching before the season and now quit coaching. He had gone through way too many assistant coaches and had been a lot of turnover. Southern needs a head coach in the building and have assistants there as well. Southern will be down for a year or two but good young players coming up and should be competitive again pretty quickly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FarristownFlyer's post:
  • papagrit

Congratulations! You win the dumbest comment of the day award! You have CDS and TDS!
(11-05-2021, 09:51 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Big Grin You are something else little Henry.

LOL
(11-05-2021, 11:21 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Congratulations! You win the dumbest comment of the day award! You have CDS and TDS!
Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jamesclay

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile And you have LTP
(11-05-2021, 11:58 AM)jamesclay Wrote:

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile And you have LTP

Come out from  under the couch with your Ipad and other pads and toys  , and go watch a game tonight. The fresh air will do you some good.
Pretty tight lipped in at Mad South…anybody heard anything?
Madison Southern could be a very good job for someone. I’ll be curious who applies and what direction they intend to go.

A poster said earlier that there’s definitely some middle school talent out there as well as some remaining on the roster.
I wish them good luck in their coaching search. I hope the next staff can keep things going at the level that has been attained in the last ten years or do even better than has been achieved by the current staff. Facilities are pretty good and there is a pretty good youth program going on locally to feed the program. It's a definite pivotal change point for the Southern program and it could go either way depending on the hire and how they can deal with community, administration and the of course the kids walking the hallways. Gotta have a strong backbone to deal with some of those Berea "Football Mommies" as well. Good Luck Again!
[-] The following 1 user Likes papagrit's post:
  • FarristownFlyer
I will be anxious to see if any young guys from newer programs try and throw their hat in the conversation. Be nice to see a young coach come in there and find some success. I know there are a handful of guys between the 5A schools just north of Madison Southern, (Great Crossing, Douglass, Lafayette, etc.) that would love a chance to grow into more of a commanding role. Hope they look for someone thats plans are long term!
I think the head coach at Berea would be a solid hire.
Maybe a Larkey or a Parkey will take the job Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-10-2021, 05:19 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I think the head coach at Berea would be a solid hire.

Coach Parks??? Maybe…I don’t know a lot about him other than he was former Central player, and was one time head coach at Bryan Station.
Berea is very well coached, and their kids play hard. Fun little team to watch; they are just such a small roster every kid plays every down and they wear out. Put Berea’s kids at Southern with what they already have, and a great coach- and Southern could become a juggernaut.
They need to go get the DC at Great Crossing. Look how well they were playing on that side of the ball in such a short time.
(11-12-2021, 11:56 AM)UCfan1 Wrote: They need to go get the DC at Great Crossing. Look how well they were playing on that side of the ball in such a short time.
No kidding. GC's defense was stout this year. Was in the top category of every defensive stat during the regular season. Produced 2 of the top sacks leaders in the state, finished 7 in the state for total defense, 6th in the state for rushing defense, 8th for passing defense, 4th in sacks, 11th in fumbles recovered and 15th in interceptions.

This defense GC put on the field was tough, and the numbers don't lie. Whoever that guy is needs to be looked at.
Shorty Combs would be a great candidate for this job. Played at Breathitt and EKU. When the state came in and tried to ruin athletics in Breathitt County; he single handedly started a travel youth program(Lumberjacks) and has done a phenomenal job of helping to re-invigorate Breathitt football. He is a fine young man of impeccable character.
Is there any word on this position? Who is the front runner?
How about John Paul Chapman. Be fun to see him and Holcomb “together” again.

Hensley….worked hard in building up the MS football program in Madison Co; takes his coaching and his VERY talented son to Southern. Hmmmmm- interesting concept; right there.
(11-16-2021, 01:24 PM)ROTC Wrote: How about John Paul Chapman.  Be fun to see him and Holcomb “together” again.

Hensley….worked hard in building up the MS football program in Madison Co; takes his coaching and his VERY talented son to Southern.  Hmmmmm- interesting concept; right there.

Hard no on Hensley…everywhere he has been had decent early success and then tanks. Heard today a lot of Southern folks want William Blair back but who is calling the defense for Holcomb. Don’t think it’s gonna happen but that’s who needs that job. Absolutely great young coach!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FarristownFlyer's post:
  • papagrit
Blair's a good kid. Assisted coached my boys back in the JV days. We stopped to see him when he was coaching up above Louisville once when he was just getting going. He has a good attitude and football aptitude. I didn't know he was with Mike Holcomb as I've not kept up with him for a while. Good luck in your hire over there at Southern again. He would be a good one!
[-] The following 1 user Likes papagrit's post:
  • Winston Wolf
Coach Blair of Madison Central would be a great coach. He’s been to the third round of the playoffs 8 out the last ten years he’s coached and he turns the defense around quick when he gets somewhere. 

When he was at Madison Southern in 2019 and 2020, here was the points allowed on defense for before, during and after. 

2018: 469
2019: 437
2020: 192 
2021: 332 

And he’s already done very well since being at Madison central.

2020: 243 
2021: 166
I have some contacts out and about. I have been told Jason Foley from Southwestern is a serious candidate.