Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 21 Lawrence 14
Belfry was up 14-0 at half.  LC came back to tie up 14-14.  Belfry just took the lead back.  Radio feed keeps cutting out on me. Anyone else listening having this issue? Sounded like there was a penalty on the XP and Belfry almost went for 2, but ended up deciding to kick the XP

(11-12-2021, 11:31 PM)Wildcat45 Wrote: Belfry was up 14-0 at half.  LC came back to tie up 14-14.  Belfry just took the lead back.  Radio feed keeps cutting out on me. Anyone else listening having this issue? Sounded like there was a penalty on the XP and Belfry almost went for 2, but ended up deciding to kick the XP
4:08 remaining LC about to go for it on 4th and 2-3 at their own 39

Didn’t mean to reply to myself just now.  LC completes to Collinsworth for the first down up to the 47

Pass Interference on Belfry.  Another 15 yards for LC and a first down.

2nd and 7 at the Belfry 35

3rd and 3 at the Belfry 31 3:00 left

1st and 10 LC at the Belfry 27

2nd and short or 1st and 10 LC at Belfry 17-18.  waiting on them to say after break

1st and 10 LC at Belfry 15

1st and 10 LC at Belfry 15

2nd and 14 around the 20 after a holding call and a 6 yard completion on 1st and 20

LC just threw a pick on 2nd and 14.  Belfry will liekly hold on for the win

likely*
[-] The following 2 users Like Wildcat45's post:
  • LCfootball, Spud6
Final
Congrats to the Belfry. This was a good game. It literally came down to the final minute of the game. 

I'm looking forward to this matchup next year in Louisa. Good luck to Belfry.
Go Big Red!
Congratulations Belfry
Congratulatiions Belfry!!!!
Great game, incredible defensive effort by both teams. Very physical but cleanly played game. Dixon stepped up and played through pain and the Pirates got the puck with 46 seconds left.
Great game, congrats to Coach Haywood and the Pirates. Bring it back to the mountains!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brutus's post:
  • LCfootball
Congrats to the Pirates.
Gutsy effort by both teams! LC really had a chance there at the end. Going forward, Belfry has to get the FB and other HB going. The O line was hurt losing Logan McCoy, but they got the big Banks kid back and another week of practice should help. Bell County is another great challenge!
What a fantastic game by both teams. Congrats to Belfry on the win, looking forward to this matchup next year in Louisa. Bulldogs left it all on the field. I feel for the seniors who have meant so much to this program. The figure is bright for the Bulldogs, they return a lot next year!
Congrats Pirates!
Lawrence was much improved since the erring imbues regular season. Absolutely nothing to hang their head about from last night. I remember when LC use to handle Belfry pretty easy. Over the years LC has started to close the gap on the Pirates. Let’s see if they close it even more next year. Now let’s go beat BELL!!
Looks like this rivalry could be getting back to what it used to be. I’m super proud of the Bulldogs’ effort last night.
Always next year for Lawrence County.
I think a lot of people were surprised to see Lawrence in this game, even the radio announcers said it. They all thought it was going to be a blow out.
(11-13-2021, 12:34 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: I think a lot of people were surprised to see Lawrence in this game, even the radio announcers said it. They all thought it was going to be a blow out.
Anyone who thought this would be a blow out knows nothing about football. First game was closer than score. Lawrence county is outstanding team. Belfry is just a little better. They came up big at just the right time. Lawrence moved the ball very well in Second half. A key turnover is what won this for Belfry. Belfry needs to work on clock management. The end of first half almost lost it for them. Should have went in 21-0. Can’t do that against Bell County.
(11-13-2021, 12:25 PM)WinkWinkler Wrote: Always next year for Lawrence County.

Always next year for all but 6 teams every year.
But this team does have a chance to be very strong defensively next season.

That said, the compliments go to the Pirates and especially Dixon for overcoming injury and getting the plays when they needed them.
Sounds Like LC made it tough on belfry
Congrats Pirates!!

Go to Log Mountain and take care of business next Friday night and come home with a big win!!

Congrats to Lawrence County on a good season and giving Belfry all they can handle on Pond Creek!!! Mountain Football is definitely better with a good Lawrence County and it looks like the Bulldogs are on the right trajectory after a few down years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFAN's post:
  • LCfootball