Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Pikeville 9/18
Seen on social media that the allotment of tickets for both schools have been sold.
So that means that Belfry v. Pikeville is now only available on PAY-PER-VIEW!!!!!

Mike Tyson, WrestleMania, Floyd Mayweather, Jr., Connor McGregor.... all of these are big PPV events & attractions, but nothing like Belfry vs, Pikeville!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I have seen a lot of people questioning the price point. There are a lot of factors in play: first if you are a family of 3 or more, it is no different (or cheaper) than going to the game. Secondly, I’m sure MTM had to make a significant bid to get exclusive rights. They have to recoup their investment. Third, Pikeville has two home games. A portion of these funds plus the $20k agreement over two years with MTM will help offset some of the losses the athletic budget will take over this season and help fund all the programs at PHS. $15 may seem pricy if you are just one fan, but there are more costs into this production that just buying a ticket. You are helping keep the streams available & helping fund HS athletics during a very tough time.
[-] The following 4 users Like Panther Thunder's post:
  • EKUAlum05, Hurricane Storm, jetpilot, PHSForever
(09-17-2020, 07:58 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 01:29 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: Hefty praise to put on Wright, saying he’ll be better than Dixon when all is said and done.  I bet the Pikeville coaching staff is cursing you right now.
I said more dominant, not better. Two completely different players in two completely different systems. And obviously Dixon has reached his potential and Wright hasn't even started a game at RB in high school yet. I guess I probably could have said it better. Pikeville's young defense isn't going to stop Dixon, I just hope he doesn't have a career game against them. Pikeville really needs a couple of long drives to shorten the game IMO...
(09-17-2020, 07:58 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 01:29 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: Hefty praise to put on Wright, saying he’ll be better than Dixon when all is said and done.  I bet the Pikeville coaching staff is cursing you right now.
I said more dominant, not better. Two completely different players in two completely different systems. And obviously Dixon has reached his potential and Wright hasn't even started a game at RB in high school yet. I guess I probably could have said it better. Pikeville's young defense isn't going to stop Dixon, I just hope he doesn't have a career game against them. Pikeville really needs a couple of long drives to shorten the game IMO...
Both are two diff type of runners both will leave their mark at their schools.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigReddog's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-17-2020, 07:49 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 02:30 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: If Wright will be better than Dixon then he will take his place as the greatest back in PHS history.  Dixon IMO is already top 5 in Belfry history and that is with many fewer carries than most of his great predecessors.  Having never missed watching a carry or other play by Dixon, he has become my favorite Belfry player.  Wright potentially is a great one no doubt, but Dixon is already a super star.  Against Pulaski County Dixon averaged 13.8 a carry which is barely above his career average of 13.3 per carry.  If he had not missed some games due to injury, Dixon would most like have finished holding about every major rushing record at Belfry but, missing a few games has put that out of reach.
Geez even when I pick Belfry to win some people manage to get their feelings hurt lol. The premise that Pikeville's greatest back ever might only be in Belfry's top 5 is off base for one thing. Didn't mean to imply anything about where anyone will rank in the history of any school, but Wright is going to be a wrecking ball in Class A at the very least. And I will point out again that he and his class demolished Belfry in the regional finals 2 years ago, would have been a running clock with 12-minute HS quarters. So all the POTENTIAL is there for him and several others. Nothing against Dixon at all, this very young Pikeville will team have their hands full with him and this Belfry team.
That middles school playoff game for class 2023 pikeville out played belfry an out coach belfry but let’s not forget the first matchup the score didn’t compare way belfry ran all over pikeville middle that year left defenders on ground or hanging in air.
(09-17-2020, 12:45 AM)cuppett777 Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 11:49 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Been a long day and just getting home...

Pikeville will improve more over the course of the year than Belfry...and Belfry wrote the book on getting better all year...
I actually wish this game was later...
Pikeville offense is more like the Paintsville and Raceland games last year, timing not close to being down yet, not to mention losing  3 D1 receivers and a #4 ESPN highlight reel RB...also hard to gauge how good Raceland is in that dominant Pikeville win...
Great Pikeville Soph class drilled Belfry Middle like 38-6 in regional finals 2 years ago and now has some more excellent pieces like the Sayers twins and several others...
This game is very hard to handicap due to much different deal in 2020...Also hard to know how good Belfry OL and especially DL are...
Wright will be a more dominant back than Dixon when all is said and done...If this was at end of the year I would go with Pikeville 28-20, but Friday I will go with Belfry 28-21...
Hope I am wrong...

If Wright Will Be Better Than Dixon-The Kid Is A Stud
Belfry middle and pikeville split games that year pikeville beat belfry in playoffs out played an out coached then let’s not forget when thoo the regular season game when pirates just flat out ran over top them just old fashion whooping.
(09-17-2020, 02:37 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: I have seen a lot of people questioning the price point. There are a lot of factors in play: first if you are a family of 3 or more, it is no different (or cheaper) than going to the game. Secondly, I’m sure MTM had to make a significant bid to get exclusive rights. They have to recoup their investment. Third, Pikeville has two home games. A portion of these funds plus the $20k agreement over two years with MTM will help offset some of the losses the athletic budget will take over this season and help fund all the programs at PHS. $15 may seem pricy if you are just one fan, but there are more costs into this production that just buying a ticket. You are helping keep the streams available & helping fund HS athletics during a very tough time.
Plus it's an optional service. Radio is always free if you can live without video.

I can't go to my nephew's Middle School Game paying admission for me and my wife (two kids too young for admission) for 15.00. By the time you add concessions and the cost of gas, it definitely is more than 15.00. Make a hot dog at home and drink whatever is in the fridge and consider it a wash.
This one should be a barn burner.   Pikeville will present a lot of challenges for the Pirate defense without Seth Mounts.  Mounts is a one man wrecking crew when healthy.   PCN has to hope he's ready to come back in the next 6-7 weeks   Offensively, both teams are timing driven...so it will be interesting too see how much both have improved or not since last week.    Pikeville has a lot of weapons.....and it will be paramount for the Belfry defense to keep the panthers behind the chains.   last year, Pikeville was able to sustain long, clock killing drives with several 3rd and short scenarios.  Belfry has to consistently force the panthers into 3rd and 6+ yards.   That will be a challenge.  

Offensively, the O-Line HAS TO PLAY BETTER THAN THEY DID AGAINST PULASKI. It's just that simple.  They were not good.  Film doesn't lie.  There is no better O-Line coach in the state than Coach Tackett. I  would expect too see solid improvement out of this group.  For the rest of the offense.....  Belfry will present it's own set of challenges for the Pikeville defense.  Everyone already knows about Isaac Dixon.   He's gonna eat.  Regardless.  He's simply that good.   However, the fullback is what is gonna set Dixon's table.   Kyle Webb and or Chris Warren have to consistently pick up positive yardage and soften up the Pikeville middle. Interesting to see what QB Brett Coleman brings to the party as well.  Last year, he was woefully rusty from being out of the mix for several weeks with an illness.   IMO, he is the X factor.  We've not really seen what we can do yet.  IMO,   It will come down to this:  If Belfry can run between the tackles, then look out....because this could be a high scoring affair.  If Pikeville wins the ball control game....then we're looking at another nail biter that favors Pikeville.

Gonna predict a little bit of both.....

Belfry 42
Pikeville 32
(09-16-2020, 11:55 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 11:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I wish I could have went to this one.
I say this every year Dougie, come on up here and the beer and food is on me.

I wanted to this time but had car trouble. Hopefully I'll get to come watch a game with you later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
Belfry Middle gets the 20-14 win over Pikeville.

Looking forward to seeing how tomorrow plays out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • cuppett777
Pikeville led the whole game until late in the 4th and sloppy play just killed them. Congrats to Belfry. Two excellent teams who look evenly matched and will see each other again.
(09-17-2020, 10:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville led the whole game until late in the 4th and sloppy play just killed them. Congrats to Belfry. Two excellent teams who look evenly matched and will see each other again.
Pikeville looked wore down in the 4th, and didn’t score in the second half. Felt bad that the game ended on a spike when the QB thought he had an extra down. I’m looking forward to the rematch,  #32 for Pikeville is a load.
Pikeville drove well into Belfry territory on both of their 2nd half drives. Stopped on 4th and inches on a disorganized QB sneak in which they were flagged for illegal formation, and then running out of time and spiking the ball on 4th down and getting flagged on that play as well. Also lost a 2-pt conversion on a motion penalty. Belfry offense did look to be wearing down the Pikeville defense late, also got a first down after a loss and penalty had them backed up to a 3rd and 20 which really hurt. Good game and very bright future for both squads. Pikeville looked to have 35 or so players dressed, which is huge for them.
From the reports I got the middle school game was a good one. This is what this middle school and HS rivalry needs. Good close games. Belfry's dominance for most of the last two decades took some of the luster off the rivalry, but the 2014 win by PHS lit it back up IMO.

Just a few Dixon numbers that shows how good he has been in basically two years of starting. 223 carries, 2975 yards, 46 TDS. He has scored rushing, receiving, INT return for a TD and on punt and kickoff returns. Averaging over 13.3 yards per carry for his career. He also was the AAA championship game MVP and had the biggest 2 point conversion in school history.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • cuppett777
He’s a really good good football player, nobody that has seen him play will dispute that. You got a little carried away in your wording in saying he’ll be more dominant than Dixon, as he has yet to run the ball as a sophomore in high school.

Your BFF EKUAlum05 came to your rescue through, and I’m glad. Really I am, because I’d like for either of you two wordsmiths to explain to me how being more dominant doesn’t equate to better. Just give me a second to get my popcorn ready.

Jet pilot....He’s a really good good football player, nobody that has seen him play will dispute that. You got a little carried away in your wording in saying he’ll be more dominant than Dixon, as he has yet to run the ball as a sophomore in high school.

Your BFF EKUAlum05 came to your rescue through, and I’m glad. Really I am, because I’d like for either of you two wordsmiths to explain to me how being more dominant doesn’t equate to better. Just give me a second to get my popcorn ready.

This new format sucks. Congrats to BMS on a win over a very good, very well coached PMS team.
Lol, BFF and wordsmiths, excellent and got a chuckle first thing this morning.
Belfry has gone two years without beating Pikeville, thats over 100 weeks! If they have to endure another year without a win it might be too much to bear for some of their fans haha.
Bucslover said the series lost some luster yet Belfry fans act like they have just won the World Series and Super Bowl on the same day whenever they beat Pikeville. And it's amazing that Pikeville wins a majority of the sports contests vs. a much larger and very proud school like Belfry year in an year out.

In other news all the traffic reports are projecting that there will be more West Virginia plates in Pikeville tonight than Huntington and Charleston combined.

Well there it is, my first and only trash talk for the game.
Good luck to both teams and hopefully no injuries as both will most likely be going back to Kroger.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Westside
Belfry - 34
Pikeville - 24
I refuse to pay money to watch high school sports on a stream but I'll be anxiously awaiting score updates.
(09-18-2020, 02:21 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: He’s a really good good football player, nobody that has seen him play will dispute that.  You got a little carried away in your wording in saying he’ll be more dominant than Dixon, as he has yet to run the ball as a sophomore in high school. 

Your BFF EKUAlum05 came to your rescue through, and I’m glad.  Really I am, because I’d like for either of you two wordsmiths to explain to me how being more dominant doesn’t equate to better.  Just give me a second to get my popcorn ready.

Jet pilot....He’s a really good good football player, nobody that has seen him play will dispute that.  You got a little carried away in your wording in saying he’ll be more dominant than Dixon, as he has yet to run the ball as a sophomore in high school. 

Your BFF EKUAlum05 came to your rescue through, and I’m glad.  Really I am, because I’d like for either of you two wordsmiths to explain to me how being more dominant doesn’t equate to better.  Just give me a second to get my popcorn ready.

This new format sucks.  Congrats to BMS on a win over a very good, very well coached PMS team.
Case Keenum was a dominant college QB. All-Time passing leader. Jersey retired. 2 X Conference MVP. 

Doesn't mean he was the best QB in college at the time he was playing.

Just means he had an unbelievable career without the luxury of having to play a Power 5 schedule or having other superstars around him that also needed to get their share of touches.

North Dakota State is a far more dominant college football program over the past 10 ten years than say Georgia or Notre Dame. That doesn't mean that head to head North Dakota State would win a single game against either of those teams in that 10-year window. 

Domination doesn't directly define better/best. It can be a contributing factor, but domination is more about the variables around the player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • PHSForever
Act like it’s the Super Bowl. That’s funny. Do I need to remind you that last year when Pikeville won they shut down the streets and danced under in the street. Get real. We are everyone’s super bowl.
JP, you’re right, Pikeville does dominate Belfry in every sport other than football and there is honestly no excuse for it.

Here’s to hoping both teams come away healthy, injury free and play a helluva football game.
Club Dub? Don’t feel too special. They do that after any big win. Just so happened last year included Belfry.
Country Boys - 26
City Boys - 21

Once this one is over...both teams and fanbases will pull for the other one to bring it all home, but for 90 minutes they will fight, scratch and claw like mortal enemies.

Go Pirates!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BelfryPride's post:
  • PHSForever
14-14 at the half.

Very good game so far.
Any updates?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
About to go final, Pikeville got a big stop on 4th and 4 on a long Belfry drive.

Birchfield went STAR mode tonight toting the rock and making plays on D

FINAL
20-14 Pikeville