Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1999 wins
Ashland Blazer Boy's Basketball Team is 1 win away from being the first high school team in the state to reach 2000 wins. What are your thoughts? They play Capital (WV) this Saturday in the Boyd County Roundball Classic.
Nothing personal, but of all the teams in the state, I wouldn’t have guessed them to hold that accolade. I didn’t realize what tradition was at Ashland Blazer!! Congrats fellas!!
No offense taken, and thanks. I think this is a wonderful feat at any level. It's a good milestone for any program.
Just curious. If they are coming up on 1000 wins, why is the title of this thread 1999 wins?
Redneck Wrote:Just curious. If they are coming up on 1000 wins, why is the title of this thread 1999 wins?

Because the individual who posted this is a dork, who messed up the first post... :igiveup: Big Grin How can I go back and change it? They are going to be the first team in the state with 2000 wins.
Yustacould Wrote:Ashland Blazer Boy's Basketball Team is 1 win away from being the first high school team in the state to reach 1000 wins. What are your thoughts? They play Capital (WV) this Saturday in the Boyd County Roundball Classic.

Sorry everyone... That should be 2000 wins.
Went to KHSAA records and either ashland started the season with 2000 wins or they were 23 wins away at start of season either way they can't be standing at 1999.
I knew Ashland had a rich basketball history but didn’t expect them to have the most wins in the state.
Not sure... all I know is that we are celebrating in Ashland this even after a good win. On to GRC Tuesday. I guess we’ll see how good we are.
Corrected!!

Wink
Congratulations to the Tomcats for reaching, and passing, the 2,000 win milestone! Impressive is an understatement. Like another poster said, it's not a shot at Ashland but I too wouldn't have expected the Tomcats to be the first program in KY High School basketball history to reach the 2,000 win "mile marker". Nonetheless, congrats from this Pirate fan.