Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluegrass Rivals Class 2A Rankings 10-26
No doubt Breathitt is capable of knocking anyone in 2a out. It’s just hard to pick them too against those other teams, who’ve proven themselves worthy against other quality teams. I think that doubt will remain until they do actually beat a high caliber team, which won’t happen till the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs.
The point I am trying to.make is not that Breathitt will win. It is that they have had it easier than the other teams so far and will have it easier until they finally play someone decent. Somerset has several games in a row that will be physical, hard-fought games that will no doubt take a toll on them physically and mentally. Mayfield is the heavy favorite in 2a in my opinion. Somerset and Lexington Christian will wear each other down regardless of who wins. In the east Breathitt is in a good position, again in my opinion. Another way to look at it for the Breathitt haters is that the other teams will beat each other down and Breathitt being fresh may stand a chance. But only because those other teams will have dropped to the Bobcats level. Either way Mayfield is my pick to win it all.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Hard to believe we are just 6 weeks away from the end of another year of football. It really goes faster and faster.
Westside Wrote:1. Mayfield
2. Lexington Christian
3. Somerset
4. Owensboro Catholic
5. Breathitt County
6. Beechwood
7. Caldwell County
8. West Carter
9. Lloyd Memorial
10. Murray

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.

Shelby Valley knocking at the door :HitWall:
64SUR Wrote:Shelby Valley knocking at the door :HitWall:

Shelby Valley has a nice record (8-2), but not a ton of meat on those bones. They do have a couple good wins over Pike Central and Martin Co, in addition to beating 5A Letcher Central, but mostly they have beat up on bad teams. They also lost what was probably the most important game of the season to West Carter.

I think SV should probably be ranked somewhere in the 12-15 range. If they can pull of a win over West Carter in the playoffs, then I expect they would jump back into the top 10.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maybe they can play Breathitt
According to that, maybe we get a gauge this week as to how close they are to Breathitt
Statebound19 Wrote:If saw Breathitt early your right. But I watch Somerset four times and Bobcats are two tds better team!!! Call me crazy but they have as good shot as Somerset and LCA making to Kroger!!!!

Somerset and LCA are both 2-3 TD's better than Breathitt. We are a complete team.
JumperFan Wrote:Somerset and LCA are both 2-3 TD's better than Breathitt. We are a complete team.
You may be right. But you may also be wrong. We will see in a few weeks and the better team will win. Sports are settled on the field of play and our opinions are a waste time as they are relative and biased.

Is Breathitt starting QB still out?
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Is Breathitt starting QB still out?

He is playing a bit I honestly think the guy in there now throws the ball better. The offense has flowed better with the backup. Not downing the ohare kid at all. Just an observation from a Bobcat fan. They will make use of ohare. He is a good athlete.

mysonis55 Wrote:Hard to believe we are just 6 weeks away from the end of another year of football. It really goes faster and faster.

How bad is the 1st year of no longer having a son to watch on Friday nights feel. I mean this coupled with a soon to be empty nest feels.......bit overwhelming. I hang on to every play right now. I can't even imagine when the playoffs start. I expect next fall to feel.....damn empty.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:He is playing a bit I honestly think the guy in there now throws the ball better. The offense has flowed better with the backup. Not downing the ohare kid at all. Just an observation from a Bobcat fan. They will make use of ohare. He is a good athlete.

Totally agree!!!! What I like about O’Hara he is a team player!!! Most kids would be mad about all that he went through, but he is not!!! When a kid tells head coach that he doesn’t care we’re he plays just wants do what’s best for team. That kind players you want on your team!!!! That will sacrifice his position to make change in middle of season to make the team better. I looking for him to have a big postseason at many different positions. He has been playing OLB as well on Defense and looks good!! The Turner kid (QB)will be house hold name In postseason,only scratching surface with this kid!!!! He is very accurate it’s almost impossible believe kid only played football for a year!!!! Glad Coach Moore got him out on field. He has great sizes at 6’3 just has the QB and is extremely athletic runner as well.
Statebound19 Wrote:Totally agree!!!! What I like about O’Hara he is a team player!!! Most kids would be mad about all that he went through, but he is not!!! When a kid tells head coach that he doesn’t care we’re he plays just wants do what’s best for team. That kind players you want on your team!!!! That will sacrifice his position to make change in middle of season to make the team better. I looking for him to have a big postseason at many different positions. He has been playing OLB as well on Defense and looks good!! The Turner kid (QB)will be house hold name In postseason,only scratching surface with this kid!!!! He is very accurate it’s almost impossible believe kid only played football for a year!!!! Glad Coach Moore got him out on field. He has great sizes at 6’3 just has the QB and is extremely athletic runner as well.

I look for O’Hara to be the feature back next year. If not he will be starting at WR. He is too good of an athlete to keep off the field.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:How bad is the 1st year of no longer having a son to watch on Friday nights feel. I mean this coupled with a soon to be empty nest feels.......bit overwhelming. I hang on to every play right now. I can't even imagine when the playoffs start. I expect next fall to feel.....damn empty.

Well, I’m on the third year now and it don’t seem to be getting any better. It’s hard to understand. I had one person with me at almost every Mayfield football game from 2005-2016 in one way or another. Now, I hardly see him. It makes it almost not fun any longer. I did say almost.
JumperFan Wrote:Somerset and LCA are both 2-3 TD's better than Breathitt. We are a complete team.

I think LCA is a match up problem for Breathitt but neither one them teams are two 3Td better team. I really hope that Breathitt get to play one of these teams. That way either teams gets see Bobcats are really good just like them and yes they on same level. We have heard all year how weak schedule is. Look 2002 Breathitt team they blow every one out until regionals and semi final game. I see a lot of similar things between 2002 and 2019 team. I just hope Bobcats get same result!!!!!
Imagine how tough Mayfield’s defense would be if they only played Caldwell Co, Murray, Ballard Mem, Fort Campbell, Calloway Co, Marshall Co, Graves Co, Trigg Co, Fulton Co and Fulton City. We might only be averaging allowing 3 points per game. By looking at what we scored against the ones we do play on this list, we probably would be averaging around 50 points per game scored. That’s the point everyone is making.