Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic 50 vs Bellevue 7
Final
NCC will make some noise in class A. This team has been quietly flying under the radar. They have a tradition rich history and always put a good team on the field. They play a very tested schedule that will prepare them for a deep run to Kroger field. Class A better wake up and pay attention.
New Cath getting ready to run through 1A.
The team everyone has forgotten about in 1a just keeps winning.
NCC has been beating up on some
bad, bad teams. They haven’t played a good team since Roger Bacon, and they were blown out in that game.
They may run through the first 3 rounds, but they aren’t running through 1A. Pikeville was, is, and will be the team to beat in 1A.
Roger Bacon would would mop the floor with ANY single A team. The RB Kiner is no joke and the real deal. As for beating up on a bunch of bad, bad teams as you described not much we can do with who’s in the district 😉. Not sure I would say Newport or Walton are bad, bad teams as you describe but hey everyone is entitled to an opinion. Under the radar is all good and continue to think this team isn’t gonna make a deep run.
Good for the Breds! They have quite a bit of size and talent on the team. They are always physically tough. They play a murderers row of a schedule and I hope that prepares them for the post season. I hope they finish strong.
Sportsdadof2 Wrote:Roger Bacon would would mop the floor with ANY single A team. The RB Kiner is no joke and the real deal. As for beating up on a bunch of bad, bad teams as you described not much we can do with who’s in the district 😉. Not sure I would say Newport or Walton are bad, bad teams as you describe but hey everyone is entitled to an opinion. Under the radar is all good and continue to think this team isn’t gonna make a deep run.

Roger Bacon is very good and Cooper is a solid team. The rest of the schedule is not good. Newport is not a good team, they started 5-0 and have been exposed. Walton is average at best. Campbell Co is winless.
NCC will make a “deep” run to at least the semis, but they are not at Pikeville’s level this year.
And I guess Pikeville hasn’t played any bad teams right? The entire schedule is top notch teams....Phelps, Jenkins (no game) and I’m sure probably one or two more if I cared to do some research.
Sportsdadof2 Wrote:And I guess Pikeville hasn’t played any bad teams right? The entire schedule is top notch teams....Phelps, Jenkins (no game) and I’m sure probably one or two more if I cared to do some research.

Of course they have played some bad teams. They also have beaten Paintsville, hammered Hazard, and beat Belfry.
The NCC game against Walton when they won 10-7, and the fact they were only up 10-6 on Newport in the 4th quarter, tells me they aren’t as good as Pikeville.
NCC is one of the better 1A teams, but I think people are getting a little too excited because they have won 6 straight games against highly average to below average competition.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Of course they have played some bad teams. They also have beaten Paintsville, hammered Hazard, and beat Belfry.
The NCC game against Walton when they won 10-7, and the fact they were only up 10-6 on Newport in the 4th quarter, tells me they aren’t as good as Pikeville.
NCC is one of the better 1A teams, but I think people are getting a little too excited because they have won 6 straight games against highly average to below average competition.

Understood and I am in no way taking anything away from Pikeville don’t get me wrong. Realistically NewCath should have beat Cooper but they didn’t. This week will be a good test. They play Beechwood unless they are bad also...lol.
I think if it was the system the KHSAA for the playoffs last year I do believe it would be NCC coming out of the west.