Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Martin County 10/25
My Blackcats will travel up the road to play the Cardinals in what used to always be a district showdown. I'm glad to see these two teams back in the same district even if they're now Martin County.

To me, it's hard not to call them Sheldon Clark, but I will adjust.

I'm hoping my Blackcats come out with some fire about them! PBurg isn't quite the traditional powerhouse that Belfry is or have the titles that Pikeville or JC does, but we have been a pretty respectable program for a while now. I know I'm damn proud to be a Blackcat. We should've had a title in 93, but that's neither here nor there.

Without a win tomorrow, we would miss the playoffs for the first time in SEVERAL years. So I expect to see Coach Brewer come out with a fired up bunch!

I expect the Cardinals to come out with something to prove as well after a couple of setbacks over the past few weeks. I'm sure they'll want to keep the ball on the ground and keep the clock ticking.

As always, I won't pick against my Blackcats, not even against the New England Patriots. (What an idiot I'd be there)

What say you, BGR?
Traditionally, Prestonsburg has had Sheldon Clark's number. Give me the Blackcats in OT and give me some complications for playoff seeding.
This is not your normal Prestonsburg team. Martin County should win easily
@BlackcatPride32. Sheldon Clark graduate. Can’t call it anything else.
E's Army Wrote:This is not your normal Prestonsburg team. Martin County should win easily

And this isn't the 07 Cardinals either.
Pulling for the black cats in an upset but with that being said I’ll take...
Martin County 21
Prestonsburg 7
SCHS98 Wrote:@BlackcatPride32. Sheldon Clark graduate. Can’t call it anything else.

Oh I know! I hope we have a decent crowd tonight. It used to always be an electric atmosphere!
I can't help but think Prestonsburg took a step back after last weeks performance. I felt like they were the better team going into the Bath County game, but they didn't play well at all. On the other hand, Martin County seems to be trending in the right direction. Their program has come a long way in the past two or three years and this years success is something their program can build on. At the end of the day, I think Martin County will be too much for the young Blackcats. The "Rock" is always a tough place to play and this Friday it will be no different. Martin County wins 42-14.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I can't help but think Prestonsburg took a step back after last weeks performance. I felt like they were the better team going into the Bath County game, but they didn't play well at all. On the other hand, Martin County seems to be trending in the right direction. Their program has come a long way in the past two or three years and this years success is something their program can build on. At the end of the day, I think Martin County will be too much for the young Blackcats. The "Rock" is always a tough place to play and this Friday it will be no different. Martin County wins 42-14.

It was huge step back. I felt like the competitive showing against West Carter would be the turning point to finishing out the year strong, but it wasn't.

My Blackcats are really gonna have to bring it tonight to EARN a playoff spot.