Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garrard Co. at Bell County 10-11-2019
Thoughts?
Bell will be too much for Garrard. Garrard has a solid running game, but not good enough to beat Bell IMO.

Bell 42
Garrard 21
If Bell doesn't put a running clock on them by halftime or early 3rd QTR then they are not legit. Garrard is well coached and have a good running game but zero passing game. A team with speed and athletes should be able to have a shut out if Bell is legit #1 in 3A.
I think when Middlesboro beat them early in the year I don’t think they threw a pass. They did move the ball on the ground against Middlesboro. Pretty solid team but Bell should handle them very easy. No disrespect to Garrard.
UK1 Wrote:If Bell doesn't put a running clock on them by halftime or early 3rd QTR then they are not legit. Garrard is well coached and have a good running game but zero passing game. A team with speed and athletes should be able to have a shut out if Bell is legit #1 in 3A.
I agree, I've thought for a while now that Bell's defense may be lacking, and could be what keeps them from their goals. A game like this will show if the Defense is improving or if they remain a liability. Regardless probably a route for Bell Co.
Garrard has thrown 8 times all year and completed only 3 of those passes. Looks like anybody who plays them should just load the box. I hope it's an injury free game for both teams and good luck to both!
Bell Co - 49
Garrard Co - 14
Good luck to Garrard County!
UK1 Wrote:If Bell doesn't put a running clock on them by halftime or early 3rd QTR then they are not legit. Garrard is well coached and have a good running game but zero passing game. A team with speed and athletes should be able to have a shut out if Bell is legit #1 in 3A.

I agree and disagree ol buddy. I agree that Bell County should put a running clock on Garrard.

But I disagree with the Bobcats not being legit if they don't put a running clock on them before the half or early 3rd Qtr. And here's why. Everybody has a bad game. Bell County could come out flat and have the worse game they've had all year. If they do and it's closer than what we think I dont think we can say there not legit. I've been harder on Bell County than probably anybody has this year regarding their soft schedule. But the Bobcats are starting to slightly make a believer out of me. Even though their schedule is weak, they've done exactly what they were supposed to do with that weak schedule and that's beat them all soundly. So if they were to come out flat and have a terrible game I don't think we can automatically say their not legit. Now if it happened again then I would agree. But not because of one bad showing. But that's just me.
Bell will win handily I am sure. I don't think Bell is "fake", but I also don't believe they are the #1 team in 3A, at all.
Bell will stack the box and stop the run. Garrard might rush for 150 yards and score 1 or 2 times. Bell will have 4 or 5 hundred yards and score 10 touchdowns or more
Bell Co 56
Garrard Co 6
Cardinal#74 Wrote:Bell will win handily I am sure. I don't think Bell is "fake", but I also don't believe they are the #1 team in 3A, at all.

Agree 100%. I don't think their in the Top 3. But Bell County can't be overlooked anymore either. They just keep winning and that breeds confidence and this team is getting better every week. Anymore more slip ups from my Top 3 and Bell shoots to the top and stays there unless they slip up as well. I know this isn't a rankings thread but since it was mentioned, my Top 5 in 3A, as of right now, would be:

1 DeSales
2 Belfry
3 Ashland
4 Bell Co.
5 Mercer Co.

*Mercer Co. Is the big surprise, IMO.
As for this game, the Bobcats domination of their schedule continues:

Bell Co. 56
Garrard Co. 12
How will Bell’s district work out? Is Mccreary eliminated because of being last in the district? I wasn’t sure with it being a five team district.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Agree 100%. I don't think their in the Top 3. But Bell County can't be overlooked anymore either. They just keep winning and that breeds confidence and this team is getting better every week. Anymore more slip ups from my Top 3 and Bell shoots to the top and stays there unless they slip up as well. I know this isn't a rankings thread but since it was mentioned, my Top 5 in 3A, as of right now, would be:

1 DeSales
2 Belfry
3 Ashland
4 Bell Co.
5 Mercer Co.

I think Belfry might get DeSales with their physical play. That game probably depends on who is healthiest it they were to play. I really am thinking Bardstown is pretty good. Just don't believe they can handle a true power team with D1 size lineman. They are very talented and probably in the top 10 for sure. I figure they are around the same level as us, kinda got Belfry and Desales at the top, or top 5, maybe Bell, then the lower half of the 10 could be Bardstow, could be Glasgow, and I think we (Taylor) belong right in there, from 8 to 12 somehwere).
Bell Co - 48
Garrard Co - 7
#55PirateFan Wrote:Agree 100%. I don't think their in the Top 3. But Bell County can't be overlooked anymore either. They just keep winning and that breeds confidence and this team is getting better every week. Anymore more slip ups from my Top 3 and Bell shoots to the top and stays there unless they slip up as well. I know this isn't a rankings thread but since it was mentioned, my Top 5 in 3A, as of right now, would be:

1 DeSales
2 Belfry
3 Ashland
4 Bell Co.
5 Mercer Co.

Bell Co is def better than Ashland.
BellCo18 Wrote:Bell Co is def better than Ashland.

Very well could be. And I'm not saying their not. The #3 and #4 spots were a hard one for me to figure out who to put there. The ONLY reason I gave the slight edge to Ashland was because of their schedules.
We will see what two 3A contenders are tonight (East Carter/Ashland) and if Ashland is for real. Ironton, Ohio is usually pretty good football so they very much could be a 3A champion.
Bell co has taken care of business, regardless of their SOS. IMO, they SHOULD be ranked #1 in 3A. . DeSales, Ashland, Paducah Tilghman, Belfry, CAL and everyone else is chasing tail. I still think 3A is wide open.....but Bell Co is the favorite.....

Bell will beat Garrard tonight. probably a running clock by mid 3rd qtr
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Bell co has taken care of business, regardless of their SOS. IMO, they SHOULD be ranked #1 in 3A. . DeSales, Ashland, Paducah Tilghman, Belfry, CAL and everyone else is chasing tail. I still think 3A is wide open.....but Bell Co is the favorite.....

Bell will beat Garrard tonight. probably a running clock by mid 3rd qtr

I guess by that logic then Breathitt should be ranked # 1 in 2A as well.

You can't reward teams that play absolutely no one.

Maybe both Bell, and Breathitt win titles. I doubt either do.

In 3A I think there's only one team east of I-75 that can run the gauntlet and win it. That school start with a "B" But it's not Bell.
four quarters Wrote:How will Bell’s district work out? Is Mccreary eliminated because of being last in the district? I wasn’t sure with it being a five team district.

Actually it’s a six team district. Bell obviously the top team with Rockcastle most likely 2nd. Estill, Garrard, McCreary and Jackson fighting for final two spots. Jackson has already lost to Estill and Garrard so they would have to beat McCreary and Rock. McCreary plays at Estill tonight and essentially has to win & then beat Jackson to get the 4th spot. There’s also potential for a three way tie for the final spot.
ColtPride Wrote:I guess by that logic then Breathitt should be ranked # 1 in 2A as well.

You can't reward teams that play absolutely no one.

Maybe both Bell, and Breathitt win titles. I doubt either do.

In 3A I think there's only one team east of I-75 that can run the gauntlet and win it. That school start with a "B" But it's not Bell.

:eyeroll::policeman
Tic Tock running clock.
BobcatForever Wrote::eyeroll::policeman

I’m pretty sure we wore Breathitt Co out last year didn’t we? 😴
Breathitt got a transfer this year that is really good. He is a difference maker like the transfer Kid Bell got last year. Can't remember the Bell's kids name but he plays QB. Both are difference makers. Both are really quick. Bell did get two years out of theirs. I think the kid at Breathitt is a senior so only one year. Athletes like that change your entire team. They would perform well if Bell or Breathitt played a strong schedule.