Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 2019
I got to watch Middlesboro Friday. They will struggle this year. I do think they will improve over time. The program was in very bad shape. I do think they are headed in the right direction. I am still shocked French chose to go there knowing the shape of the program the last 4 or 5 years. If their fan base will be patient this year and the AD and Super continues to give the support they have this past year you will see them very competitive in the future. It will not be over night but will happen. I know they will be some that will expect instant success but that is folks that do not know much about football. That is my opinion from what I have observed. I will continue to support the kids and hope them the best. I love to see all the mountains teams be competitive. Everyone can't have a Belfry program but hope them all the best.
If the kids will stick with Coach French they will get better every week. At the end of the day if they get better every week they can have some relative success. With what he has coming back and what he has coming he can field a very competitive team by next year in his district/region. If they continue to support him and give him the things he needs to be successful. On a completely different note- football in Bell County is improving. Bell- Pineville And Middlesboro are all improving. Good to see for mountain football.

Football in Laurel County is improving as well. I like what I have seen out of South and North so far. Knox and Whitley looks to be pretty competitive. Haven’t seen Corbin yet but they should be very solid. Lynn Camp - I have no idea about other than they lose a lot last year but Harris does a good job down there I’m sure they will be well coached.
Whitley has a good team. 5-5 Looking at their schedule. We may not win but 1 game. How many left us last night?
I wish all the region team success
NextGeneration Wrote:Whitley has a good team. 5-5 Looking at their schedule. We may not win but 1 game. How many left us last night?

Looking back at all the negativity in this thread from NextGeneration and I feel so proud to just laugh at him. It is obvious that you know so little about football and Middlesboro athletics. You tried every way you could to make all the talk around Middlesboro football negative and it just hasn’t gone your way.

The 3rd and 4th grade youth team didn’t give up a single point, much less lose a game.

The 5th and 6th grade team won their conference championship.

The 7th and 8th grade team won their conference championship.

The high school team is now 5-2 when you predicted they would be lucky to win 1 game.

Care to update us on your outlook for Middlesboro football with french at the helm?
AnswertheBell Wrote:20 players to camp? Word is now you WILL be looking for another head coach next year. French not happy, kids not playing. Soccer has more on roster and word is wanted to drop soccer so kids will play football? That is a storm coming. Middle school has 11 kids on team and youth program had 20 kids sign up k-6.
What is going on?

See above post.
I was not negative about Middlesboro but did think they would be lucky to win a game or two. I am shocked at the fast track they are on. Their middle school has some really good athletes and are undefeated. Next Generation probably a little jealous and that's OK. I am the first to say I was wrong about them. Their improvement is unbelievable. Their kids fight to the end. I try to not be negative about other programs but many on here do. I hope all the area teams do great! I see now how Larry French is top five winning coach in the state. With the youth they have forced to play a varsity schedule this year they are going to have great things in the future. I am still puzzled how they got French to come to Middlesboro but glad they did. Unbelievable job Coach French and great job Jackets! Your future is going to be special.
Next generation been butt hurt 😭 for a while I bet he needs some Vaseline it's hurts so bad
Bottom line is that negative ass people are always negative and don’t like to see people being successful..
we hired a proven winner!
Other school district should try it..
Yep it's just sad that adults like next generation put down kids and talk negatively about kids French is the best coach in bell co imo and everyone around us are mad
Jacketfan606 Wrote:Yep it's just sad that adults like next generation put down kids and talk negatively about kids French is the best coach in bell co imo and everyone around us are mad

I won’t rank the three current head coaches here in the county, but I will say this...

It’s been a LONG, LONG time since all three schools have had coaches of this quality at the same time.
Looking at the jackets this year it makes me smile, best the program has looked in a few years and with lots of room to improve. I see a prominent jacket team here in one two or three years. With Breathitt looking so tough and possible kroger run, Middlesboro pulled the short straw in the district play. After the back for Breathitt graduates or decides to pack up and move again middlesboro wins district and got a chance for a semifinal runs in years to come.
Dud and Larry are Hall of Fame coaches.. They both know how to win and to get kids to play hard.. Don’t beat themselves.
I agree we have 3 fine coaches in bell coin just saying with what the coaches have to work with French is by far doing the best job imo
French is changing the culture. The line painting crew needs ice cream.
Larry "The Legend" French may be an unbelievable coach but he can't compare the the Jacket Paint crew.
M’boro has turned it around with a bunch of underclassman. They only have 2-3 Seniors on entire roster.

French is best in the business. With a whole team returning and the young talent you speak of coming up, M’boro will be in the hunt in the next few years.
NextGeneration Wrote:Come and stay a couple weeks. Nick Saban cant win here!

How about 8/9/10 wins for Larry French in year one?

Please retire your handle, you’re done.
Tri-State Fan Wrote:How about 8/9/10 wins for Larry French in year one?

Please retire your handle, you’re done.

It looks like he already has. He’s vanished.
Please put out an APB for Next Generation.
NextGeneration’s greatest hits:

1. After the Williamsburg and before the Lynn Camp game, when Middlesboro fans wanted to be positive about the season:
“ We just got beat 55-28 and Williamsburg had 3 touchdowns called back in the first half and a couple drive stopping penalties and we are going excited about something?”
2. Just a day or so before the first game:
“
Does anyone know what is going on? Kids have quit? Coaches ? Game week and so much unrest instead of finishing touches. No fixing this nightmare.”
3. After Massengill was fired:
“ Chappell would be welcome if I were to be hiring. We will not do better. Fact” - we did
You are killing me Mr. Obvious. Making me laugh all day.
Good thing that Next Generation has a great outlook on our athletic programs.. Hats of to our Super for sticking to his guns..
Coach French didn’t even get started till first of April. He’s not been in the crater but 6 months..
Moving on up...
I agree Crazy Jacket Fan. Hats off to Superintendent from me too. Superintendent and the AD has put Jacket athletics back on the map. They are both Allens. Are they related?
He drove all the way to Leslie county to watch us win again
No they are not but both are great guys and very good Buisness men
Both of their last names are Allen. May just be a coincidence. Both have done a great job. Still puzzles me how They got French to come there, but glad he did. Middlesboro is going to be special.