Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 23 Corbin 22
So are you saying you agree with my last post?
single shot Wrote:Why does it matter, it’s not changed anything in the last 70 years...

Not much pride in winning with recruits that ain't hometown boys.It ain't the SEC.
If your colonels could put together some winning seasons maybe, just maybe some kids might want to come play there..
Footballfan01 Wrote:If your colonels could put together some winning seasons maybe, just maybe some kids might want to come play there..

I believe Whitley made a hire that will do just that.
If corbin keeps a downward trajectory, haddix won't stick around for the tougher times and move onto something better.
Bolt Wrote:I believe Whitley made a hire that will do just that.
If corbin keeps a downward trajectory, haddix won't stick around for the tougher times and move onto something better.

Keeps a downward trajectory? Hahahahaha. They’ve lost one freaking game in a year that we are supposed to be down, to a top team in a class above us. Hahahahahaha. If that’s a “downward” trajectory then the rest of the coaches around here better start looking for a job. ESPECIALLY since no one around here is beating them.
I don't understand why people are shocked or think Corbin is way down. Pulaski has a top notch state championship caliber coaching staff and were just down a few seasons from talent graduation. I knew they would have a competitive team again soon. If anyone saw what Lexington Cath just did to Covington Cath then this should be no shock at all. Pulaski County will make some noise in 5A for a few seasons to come.
Hound05 Wrote:Keeps a downward trajectory? Hahahahaha. They’ve lost one freaking game in a year that we are supposed to be down, to a top team in a class above us. Hahahahahaha. If that’s a “downward” trajectory then the rest of the coaches around here better start looking for a job. ESPECIALLY since no one around here is beating them.

Not everything is about wins and losses yet. Thatll eventually happen.
But you've lost half of your coaching staff and it has shown. Word is you also have several divas.
And this shouldn't be a down year. These upperclassmen for corbin were supposed to be great classes who had really good middle school years.
I have no dog in this fight, but if I were a corbin fan I'd be a little worried right now. If you're not, then kudos to you pal.
Footballfan01 Wrote:If your colonels could put together some winning seasons maybe, just maybe some kids might want to come play there..

Their numbers will go up after this season.
Bolt Wrote:Not everything is about wins and losses yet. Thatll eventually happen.
But you've lost half of your coaching staff and it has shown. Word is you also have several divas.
And this shouldn't be a down year. These upperclassmen for corbin were supposed to be great classes who had really good middle school years.
I have no dog in this fight, but if I were a corbin fan I'd be a little worried right now. If you're not, then kudos to you pal.

So far off and wrong I’m not gonna even bother.
Bolt Wrote:Not everything is about wins and losses yet. Thatll eventually happen.

Surely no divas at Corbin Confusednicker:

These upperclassmen done horrible in middle school, just stick with shitley cause you know nothing about Corbin...Nothing but stacked classes from here on out...it won’t be close next year...Is that 23 in a row...
As the Beechwood broadcast crew was leaving the press box after the Somerset game, their play by play guy said “unless you’re a fan, no one is going to feel sorry for Beechwood when they lose”.

I think much seems to be the same about Corbin.

Personally, I don’t know that Corbin is going to be long suffering this year. Might take a few lumps but they still have a ton of talent. As a Somerset fan, I’d rather be playing them now as the last game of the season.

I won’t be shocked if this Corbin team is in the hunt for another run to Lexington.
pjdoug Wrote:Surely no divas at Corbin Confusednicker:

:truestory:

The seniors won 2 games in middle school. That being said, how good some of these seniors are now proves how good our coaching staff is. There are 5 or 6 seniors in this class that are as good as anybody in the state at their positions. They’re just not very deep. This is the last class for a while that isn’t deep though. All the way down through the third grade they’re talented and deep.

All that being said, Corbin isn’t down they’re just young. They moved the ball all night on Pulaski, two turnovers in the red zone took two scores off of the board. Holding Pulaski to three scores is a little tougher than people think. The defense is fine. By the time the playoffs come around, this group won’t be young anymore. They’ll have a whole season of experience under their belts.
Talent isn’t the problem for Corbin. This coaching staff has had talent since the day they arrived. Over the last 5 years CHS players have won multiple middle school championships and gone undefeated as middle schoolers. However once at Varsity although having good seasons, they have blown 20+ point leads to Central (twice), Belfry, and lost two championships and last years with superior talent. Yes, the problem isn’t talent! If they couldn’t win the big one with what they have had in the past, what makes people think they can win it going up a class and with the same kind of talent coming up? Last years team, may have been the best group to ever come through the Corbin football program and look what happened.
Seem more concerned with fancy helmets, uniforms, money, etc., than anything else.
Bad decisions in big games! PERIOD!
Ogre Wrote:Talent isn’t the problem for Corbin. This coaching staff has had talent since the day they arrived. Over the last 5 years CHS players have won multiple middle school championships and gone undefeated as middle schoolers. However once at Varsity although having good seasons, they have blown 20+ point leads to Central (twice), Belfry, and lost two championships and last years with superior talent. Yes, the problem isn’t talent! If they couldn’t win the big one with what they have had in the past, what makes people think they can win it going up a class and with the same kind of talent coming up? Last years team, may have been the best group to ever come through the Corbin football program and look what happened.
Seem more concerned with fancy helmets, uniforms, money, etc., than anything else.
Bad decisions in big games! PERIOD!

Go back and take a look at what the program looked like in 2013. 9-3 with a weak schedule, and got beat by the only decent teams they played, 3rd in the district, and a second round playoff exit. Since then the only teams that have beat us are teams that are playing at a championship level themselves. When you challenge yourself with a good schedule you’re gonna lose some games. Multiple championships are coming. All of you haters are gonna have strokes when it does too.
Btw. 4a is the old 3a. I can almost guarantee that if they don’t beat each other out, Boyle, Corbin, and Central will be three of the last four teams left in 4a this season. That’s why I think Corbin can win one in 4a. No disrespect meant towards Johnson Central. They’re a fine program as well. I think the two semi finalists from the east will consist of Boyle, JC, or Corbin.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Go back and take a look at what the program looked like in 2013. 9-3 with a weak schedule, and got beat by the only decent teams they played, 3rd in the district, and a second round playoff exit. Since then the only teams that have beat us are teams that are playing at a championship level themselves. When you challenge yourself with a good schedule you’re gonna lose some games. Multiple championships are coming. All of you haters are gonna have strokes when it does too.
Btw. 4a is the old 3a. I can almost guarantee that if they don’t beat each other out, Boyle, Corbin, and Central will be three of the last four teams left in 4a this season. That’s why I think Corbin can win one in 4a. No disrespect meant towards Johnson Central. They’re a fine program as well. I think the two semi finalists from the east will consist of Boyle, JC, or Corbin.

Multiple championships are NOT coming.

Scores Corbin 35 Whitley County 14
Views: 6,110 Posted By Bolt
You are right, I am a fan of Whitley. But im a...

You are right, I am a fan of Whitley.
But im a bigger fan of Corbin

I have two younger cousins who played at Whitley over the past 6 years so I have kept up with them an posted on Whitley...

This is your post from 2014; you have no creditability!
You are more confused than Bruce Jenner:problemgirl:
The past is FACTS, the future is speculation... We Shall See!
Nice win for Pulaski County.
pjdoug Wrote:Multiple championships are NOT coming.

Multiple, probably not. Just because the odds are so stacked against you. Especially in a class such as 4A with a lot of potential contenders. But the odds of us winning a title in the next 3 years or so is greater than us not id say.
cherokee Wrote:Scores Corbin 35 Whitley County 14

I have two younger cousins who played at Whitley over the past 6 years so I have kept up with them an posted on Whitley...

Congrats on the ability to look up old post in here. I apologize in advance that you wasted several minutes off your life doing so.

Speaking of wasting time, I believe I'll hop on off here. You keep not worrying about the future pal.
Bolt Wrote:Congrats on the ability to look up old post in here. I apologize in advance that you wasted several minutes off your life doing so.

Speaking of wasting time, I believe I'll hop on off here. You keep not worrying about the future pal.

I don't worry about small fish Confusednicker:
cherokee Wrote:I don't worry about small fish Confusednicker:

:biglmao:
Bolt Wrote:Congrats on the ability to look up old post in here. I apologize in advance that you wasted several minutes off your life doing so.

How bout this you’ve made it apparent there’s a personal axe to grind with you and the coaching staff we get it you don’t care for Haddix and company.... You’ve made your point every single time you post....
cherokee Wrote:Scores Corbin 35 Whitley County 14

I told you I'm the only fan. lol
Hound05 Wrote:Multiple, probably not. Just because the odds are so stacked against you. Especially in a class such as 4A with a lot of potential contenders. But the odds of us winning a title in the next 3 years or so is greater than us not id say.

You should definitely have good odds of winning one. I agree.
The Outsider Wrote:Pulaski's offense kept the Corbin defense off balance for much of the game, plus their QB made several clutch plays. Corbin didn't blitz one time that I recall and was never able to pressure the QB as a result. Need to find another player or two who can be a playmaker on the defensive side.

Both teams turned it over too many times, with all 3 of Corbin's coming inside the red zone by their freshman QB, which is going to happen when you start a freshman QB. He continues to improve though and will be very good down the road.

Congrats to the Maroons!
Year in and year out corbin gives QBs all the time they want. When it gets tight they stop trying to pressure the QB....seems like every big game. I dont get it.