Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville WR Jackson Hensley commits to Harvard
The three-star Wide Receiver has committed to play in the Ivy League at Harvard University.

Congratulations, Jackson! Now go get #5!
Awesome news!

Great decision by Hensley to continue his career and set himself up for a long successful career once the whistle stops blowing.
Congratulations young man.
Congratulations young man! I'm sure you will shine. I bet my old buddy Patriot1 is fit to be tied right now. Happy for all you guys AND the Pikeville Panther faithful!
:worthy: wow :worthy: Congratulations Mr. Hensley
#55PirateFan Wrote:Congratulations young man! I'm sure you will shine. I bet my old buddy Patriot1 is fit to be tied right now. Happy for all you guys AND the Pikeville Panther faithful!

Thanks #55PirateFan, mixed emotions right now but still very proud of him.He is one of the reasons my life has so much joy in it right now. Plus the other two makes me so happy and blessed.
Congrats to Jackson, a Harvard education will open many doors in the future...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That's amazing. Congrats to him.
Congratulations to Jackson Hensley ! Making your family and all of the Pikeville community proud. Wishing a special season for you and the Panthers -!
Congrats Jackson!!! Go up there and show those Ivy League boys what Pikeville Football and Mountain Football is ALL ABOUT!!!
Congratulations! A great accomplishment getting an opportunity to attend Harvard.
That's a great opportunity for an education but a whole different world to go to school. Can you say CULTURE SHOCK?!?!

Would love to have seen him stay in KY!

Good luck to him!

C6H0 😎
FoSho Wrote:That's a great opportunity for an education but a whole different world to go to school. Can you say CULTURE SHOCK?!?!

Would love to have seen him stay in KY!

Good luck to him!

C6H0 😎

Harvard ins't as nice as Pikeville but I'm sure he can adapt.
Great accomplishment and congratulations!!!
Congrats to Jackson. Smart and fast.
That is a huge accomplishment. Congratulations to the young man. Unless you have been down this road of recruitment in the Ivy League you can’t understand how uniquely competitive and complicated it can be. The Ivy’s have to cast a much broader net than most schools to find the few, rare student athletes that meet their standards. Also, it is even more competitive these days as many of the Ivy recruits have other D1 offers and more and more are choosing to accept the challenge the Ivy’s present. Again, good luck and congratulations.
Frank Martin Wrote:That is a huge accomplishment. Congratulations to the young man. Unless you have been down this road of recruitment in the Ivy League you can’t understand how uniquely competitive and complicated it can be. The Ivy’s have to cast a much broader net than most schools to find the few, rare student athletes that meet their standards. Also, it is even more competitive these days as many of the Ivy recruits have other D1 offers and more and more are choosing to accept the challenge the Ivy’s present. Again, good luck and congratulations.

You do know Frank the Ivy League schools do not offer athletic scholarships and play on Friday nights a lot like high school right ? Don’t think I’ve ever seen an SEC, ACC, or Least 10 recruit decommit to the Ivy League :ChairHit:
TigerBlues Wrote:You do know Frank the Ivy League schools do not offer athletic scholarships and play on Friday nights a lot like high school right ? Don’t think I’ve ever seen an SEC, ACC, or Least 10 recruit decommit to the Ivy League :ChairHit:

First according to Harvard schedule they do have one Friday night game. Plus your right about the scholarship not being offered but they do have a thing called endowments that pays for athletic tuition for the kids they commit. Probably won’t see no P5 players de-commit and go to the Ivy League and some couldn’t if they wanted too because of the academic standard. True the Ivy League isn’t the SEC or the Ben Ten or any other P5 conference but it is a great achievement by Jackson so (and you may not be doing it) why come on here and trash this for him,well at least to me it seems like you are. If I am wrong I will apologize.
Go get it son it’s always good seeing these mountain kids make a name for themselves go make us proud
TigerBlues Wrote:You do know Frank the Ivy League schools do not offer athletic scholarships and play on Friday nights a lot like high school right ? Don’t think I’ve ever seen an SEC, ACC, or Least 10 recruit decommit to the Ivy League :ChairHit:

If given the opportunity, I would have chosen Harvard over any P5 schools, but I wasn't good enough athletically or academically to have to make such a decision. Congrats to him.

I've seen a lot of Power 5 conference guys beg Ivy League grads for jobs after college.:truestory:

What I know is a lot more than you about recruiting in the Ivy League. I also know that this young man has set himself up for a bright future. By the way, I do not know him or his family nor have I seen him play football.

I was curious so I went to the schedule. Yeah, they play 1 Friday game. The rest are on Saturday and all on the ESPN network. Yeah, a lot like high school lol.

https://www.gocrimson.com/sports/fball/2019-20/schedule
Very happy for and proud of Jackson! He’s a great kid and deserves this! I’ll never forget when Jackson and several other players from Pikeville visited Grayson in the hospital. Spoke volumes about their character, even in 8th grade. I’m feeling the same feelings as a parent, knowing my son will be 2000 miles from home, but I’m proud and supportive at the same time. May need a tractor trailer load of tissues in about 9-10 months!!!
Great kid and family congratulations!
jetpilot Wrote:Harvard ins't as nice as Pikeville but I'm sure he can adapt.
Great accomplishment and congratulations!!!

You got that right. Congratulations to him.