3. Covington Catholic
4. Bowling Green
5. Highlands
6. Owensboro
7. South Warren
8. South Oldham
9. Pulaski County
10. Conner

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings are compiled by a panel selected from this site.
Wow!!! Scott County #2 Frederick Douglass Walker Park and cousin Jagger Burton got this one. Go Frederick Douglass :Cheerlead
Go Whitley County Colonels!
Westside Wrote:1. Frederick Douglas
2. Scott County
3. Covington Catholic
4. Bowling Green
5. Highlands
6. Owensboro
7. South Warren
8. South Oldham
9. Pulaski County
10. Conner

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings are compiled by a panel selected from this site.

FACTS; SC 31 Seniors- FD 14(could be off 1 or 2), SC 75-80% scoring back- FD 20%(only 1 skill kid back), SC 13 starters back- FD 8. Question, can someone name me a good team FD has beaten in 2yrs other than SC(best scoring threat was suspended for that game) in regular season last year? SC returned favor in the Playoffs. SC 3-1 against FD. FD could be better than SC, but I can't see it at all. Them combines don't mean a thing on Friday nights. Hope all teams stay away from injuries in these last scrimmages!!!!
pjdoug Wrote:Go Whitley County Colonels!

Where they going?
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:FACTS; SC 31 Seniors- FD 14(could be off 1 or 2), SC 75-80% scoring back- FD 20%(only 1 skill kid back), SC 13 starters back- FD 8. Question, can someone name me a good team FD has beaten in 2yrs other than SC(best scoring threat was suspended for that game) in regular season last year? SC returned favor in the Playoffs. SC 3-1 against FD. FD could be better than SC, but I can't see it at all. Them combines don't mean a thing on Friday nights. Hope all teams stay away from injuries in these last scrimmages!!!!

I think I would have Scott County at #1 as well. And it would be a toss up between Frederick Douglas and Cov.Cath for the #2 spot, IMO. I'd also flip BG and Highlands and have Pulaski a little higher.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Where they going?

straight to the top.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:FACTS; SC 31 Seniors- FD 14(could be off 1 or 2), SC 75-80% scoring back- FD 20%(only 1 skill kid back), SC 13 starters back- FD 8. Question, can someone name me a good team FD has beaten in 2yrs other than SC(best scoring threat was suspended for that game) in regular season last year? SC returned favor in the Playoffs. SC 3-1 against FD. FD could be better than SC, but I can't see it at all. Them combines don't mean a thing on Friday nights. Hope all teams stay away from injuries in these last scrimmages!!!!

Scott County is team to beat.
FD has three top 250 high schools player
in country , FD is so much better up front than last year and Scott county is not, I will admit Hudson was vastly overrated he will not be that much of a loss but this should be difference this year , OL and DL at FD
RTL Wrote:FD has three top 250 high schools player
in country , FD is so much better up front than last year and Scott county is not, I will admit Hudson was vastly overrated he will not be that much of a loss but this should be difference this year , OL and DL at FD

Hudson overrated?? The boy getting ready to start for Va Tech as a true Freshman Offensive Lineman that doesn't happen to often at the D1 level. Go check out last year FD-SC playoff game and what he was doing to one of those top 250-would rather have a stud RB, than a stud linemen any day- They can't score or run the ball- found that out last night
Question for the 5A people. Raceland just scrimmaged Montgomery Co in our EKC Grid. Seemed like the Indians had more kids on the sideline than they had people in the stands. One if the biggest teams I have seen in terms of numbers. But my question is this. How do they stack up? A scrimmage is a scrimmage. But in 2 1/2 quarters of complete varsity action, Raceland was up 38-12 I believe. Where does MoCo usually fall in the 5A rankings? 5A is a class I dont know a bunch about outside of Cov Cath.
My Rams have alot of question marks and alot of new faces in starting action for the first time. Just trying to get a gauge on what the competition truly was last night.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Question for the 5A people. Raceland just scrimmaged Montgomery Co in our EKC Grid. Seemed like the Indians had more kids on the sideline than they had people in the stands. One if the biggest teams I have seen in terms of numbers. But my question is this. How do they stack up? A scrimmage is a scrimmage. But in 2 1/2 quarters of complete varsity action, Raceland was up 38-12 I believe. Where does MoCo usually fall in the 5A rankings? 5A is a class I dont know a bunch about outside of Cov Cath.

Never seen them highly ranked, Last good teams I can remember them having was in the late 80's early 90's- If anyone can get them changed around its Coach Egli
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Question for the 5A people. Raceland just scrimmaged Montgomery Co in our EKC Grid. Seemed like the Indians had more kids on the sideline than they had people in the stands. One if the biggest teams I have seen in terms of numbers. But my question is this. How do they stack up? A scrimmage is a scrimmage. But in 2 1/2 quarters of complete varsity action, Raceland was up 38-12 I believe. Where does MoCo usually fall in the 5A rankings? 5A is a class I dont know a bunch about outside of Cov Cath.

Montgomery was 9-3 last year, TongueirateSho
Wanted to add a little Calpreps flavor to these. Record vs national top 1000 last 5 years in parentheses.
1. Frederick Douglas (1-4)
2. Scott County (6-11)
3. Covington Catholic (4-7)
4. Bowling Green (1-4)
5. Highlands (0-13)
6. Owensboro (0-5)
7. South Warren (2-1)
8. South Oldham (0-3)
9. Pulaski County (0-6)
10. Conner (0-8)

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings are compiled by a panel selected from this site.[/QUOTE]
Same vs top 7000, basically good teams.
1. Frederick Douglas 16-4
2. Scott County 34-12
3. Covington Catholic 38-13
4. Bowling Green 37-7
5. Highlands 17-23
6. Owensboro 23-15
7. South Warren 36-7
8. South Oldham 20-9
9. Pulaski County 22-15
10. Conner 21-18

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings are compiled by a panel selected from this site.[/QUOTE]
Expect Whitley to suprise people this year has some young guys but have talent and can improve a lot as the year goes on
colonelfan944 Wrote:Expect Whitley to suprise people this year has some young guys but have talent and can improve a lot as the year goes on

The program is definitely on the rise.
Be interesting to see how much Whitley has improved with their new coaching staff.
Scott County all the way🏈