Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chipper Jones breaks HR record!
Chipper Jones hit homeruns number 371 and 372 tonight against the dodgers to pass Dale Murphy as the all time HR leader for the Atlanta Braves. Congratulations Chipper!
I'm not a Braves fan, but Chipper is one player I don't mind watching. He plays hard and gives it his all. Congrats to player well deserving of such an honor.
Well, as a lifetime Braves/Red Sox fan, if there were to be a player to pass Murph, I am glad it was Chipper! Chipper and Smoltzie has been the face of the Braves since 1990. You will not find 2 players anymore that has been as loyal to there organization as these 2 have!
chipper is my favorite brave congrats to him
Grand Slam Wrote:chipper is my favorite brave congrats to him
mine too congrats to Larry (chipper) Jones and i like Dale Murphy too.
I don't care too much for the Braves but I think Chipper is probably one of the best switch hitting players of our era. No where close to Mick, but an all around nice humble guy that enjoys playing the game the way it should be played. Congrats to him.
Well put Grizz!
The Braves have been my favorite team for a long time. I was glad to see Chipper get the record, hes a great player. Like Playboy said, Chipper and Smoltz are the face of the Braves, they have stayed with the team through everything. They havent been like A-Rod or any other player that leaves for more money. Also, I dont see why Chipper wouldnt get into the HOF, so what if he has had some injury plagued seasons, he still has put up some good numbers and has a great personality. There are players in the Hall with worse numbers than he has, so I dont see a problem with him getting in. Also he still has some skills and enough time to add to his numbers.
Well you would also think that with Dale Murphy but he isn't! And look at Jim Rice!
Chipper still has a lot of ability left. He's 35 and has been playing in the MLB for 14 years, I believe he can still have 4 maybe 5 more very productive years, if he can stay healthy.
SportsFan80 Wrote:The Braves have been my favorite team for a long time. I was glad to see Chipper get the record, hes a great player. Like Playboy said, Chipper and Smoltz are the face of the Braves, they have stayed with the team through everything. They havent been like A-Rod or any other player that leaves for more money. Also, I dont see why Chipper wouldnt get into the HOF, so what if he has had some injury plagued seasons, he still has put up some good numbers and has a great personality. There are players in the Hall with worse numbers than he has, so I dont see a problem with him getting in. Also he still has some skills and enough time to add to his numbers.

Right Now Jones has 372 homers, 2022 hits, 1238 rbi's, 131 sb's, with a .402 on base percentage and a slugging percent of .544... all excellent and HOF IMO... however the voters for the HOF are stout and if there is any if's and's or but's they'll hold it against him...

Let's look at some of the notable players who aren't in the HOF....

Jim Rice: 382 homers, 2452 hits, 1451 rbi's, 58 sb's, .352 on base percentage, .502 slug: Advantage: Jones

Dale Murphy: 398 homers, 2111 hits 1266 rbi's, 161 steals, .346 on base percentage, .469 slug: Advantage: Jones

Ron Santo: 342 homers, 1331 rbi's, 35 sb's, .362 on base percentage, .464 slugging percentage Advantage: Jones

Jones is 35 years old, probably has 3-4 decent years left (barring injury). Looking at the numbers he should be a HOF (and to be honest I dind't know his numbers were too impressive).

He is a 5 time all-star and the 1999 MVP. He should be a HOF, contrary to what I said earlier in another post...