Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lex Cath OF Ben Revere Drafted by Minnesota Twins
Lexington Catholic OF Ben Revere was drafted #28 overall today by the Minnesota Twins. Revere had committed to play college ball for the University of Georgia. Whether or not he signed a LOI, I don't know, but I know he verbally committed. Revere is a 5-tool player. I played against him last year. He can hit, hit with power, run, field, and throw. I wish him the best of luck at the professional level.
My brother called and told me about it when I was at Petsmart. Even if he signed a LOI I'm sure he won't be held to it, go to the bigs. If you are drafted in the first round you have a guarenteed contract of some big dollars, but if you go to college you have to stay a mandatory 3 years before becoming eligible for the draft unless you go to a JUCO and you can leave after 2 for the show. A lot of different things can happen to a player over 3 years that could hurt your stock and knock you out of that once first round selection. Go for it Ben and best of luck to you.
He is a great player. I'm sure he will do well.
Letter of Intent has nothing to do with a high school player being drafted. He is free to sign with the Twins now or go to school and not be eligible to be drafted for another three years.
I would hope whomever is advising him tells him to sign...1st round selection is a BIG deal and big money...too big to turn down and risk injury.
BIG BIG CONGRATS! Fine young man as well!
Best of luck to this kid, I would love to see him shine. The draft commentators dogged the Twins so much for making this choice and I would love to see him shine.
From what i heard his grades were not good enough to go to GA.
Panther Thunder Wrote:From what i heard his grades were not good enough to go to GA.
It dont matter now because this kid is heading to the pros
Good job Ben Revere. good luck in the big leagues. I hope I see you when you make it to the show
Tubby Hater Wrote:It dont matter now because this kid is heading to the pros

Minors first. I don't think he's quite good enough to go straight the the pros.

Kudos for ESPN on finally televising a draft! Nice to see that baseball is starting to step out from behind the shadow of Football and Basketball.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Best of luck to this kid, I would love to see him shine. The draft commentators dogged the Twins so much for making this choice and I would love to see him shine.
They dogged him because he has a below average bat, below average power, and a below average arm, but he does have speed, speed and then more speed.
Cougar_Guy Wrote:Minors first. I don't think he's quite good enough to go straight the the pros.

Kudos for ESPN on finally televising a draft! Nice to see that baseball is starting to step out from behind the shadow of Football and Basketball.
Minor League is still the pros. If you are getting payed to play then you are a pro.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:They dogged him because he has a below average bat, below average power, and a below average arm, but he does have speed, speed and then more speed.
Im just glad to see a local kid make it and obviously the Twins saw something they liked and with his speed he has a future. Speed will take you farther than anything if you are not a pitcher. SPEED KILLS
Tubby Hater Wrote:Im just glad to see a local kid make it and obviously the Twins saw something they liked and with his speed he has a future. Speed will take you farther than anything if you are not a pitcher. SPEED KILLS

Your right about speed. It puts more pressure on a fielder if he bobbles the ball and sees that the runner is 4 or 5 steps away from the base
He reminds me of a young Coco Crisp. But I think Ben will shine alot more in his prime.
I coached Ben once upon a time in football. As much pub as Burke got for Lex Cath winning the football state championship.... Ben deserved just as much credit. He is without a doubt the best shut down corner I've ever seen in High School football.
IMO the reason people were suprised he was drafted that high was because of his height and nothing else. It was said that he might be the fastest player in the draft, he can hit for power, he hit over 500. through high school and he is an ideal leadoff/CF. Tory Hunter is having a monsterous year but he is also in a contract year so that should be interesting.
Ben is one of my favorite kids I've ever been around! Everytime I think of him I think of speed and a smile that goes ear to ear!
CONGRATS BEN!!!!!
Good luck and make everyone proud.
Ben signed yesterday and received a $750,000 signing bonus. Congrats to Ben. I hope he has a long, successful career.
Great job Ben live the dream man then come back to Lexington and tell us what its like haha
Big Congrats to Ben!