Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals fans...through Hell and high water.
I know that people will not admit up to it, but who are the Bengals fans who stuck with them through all of the horrible years in the 90's (and early 2000's) and who are the ones who have just started liking after they got to the playoffs.

(I know that no one will say they are a bandwagon fan but I thought I would ask who the true Bengals fans are)

Do anyone have any memories good/bad that they want to share?
well, Im a Steelers fan, a diehard Steelers fan, and I go to the Bengals game in Cincy about every year, and I can tell you, that those 90s and early 00's were the golden years for trash talking to Bengal fans, lol..oh I hope to return to those days in the 90s and 00s, lol..but your right, the true ones have stuck with them and deserve some credit (but that dont mean I have to like them), but truthfully, there are very few TRUE Bengal fans out there..
i am a Cowboys fan but my brother and one of our friends are diehard to the bone Bengals fans and i like fans who stick with it no matter how good or bad your team is.
I'm die-hard......... anyone who's followed me since childhood (and recent years online because the internet wasn't available), knows that I have been with them through thick and thin.......... Upcoming season looks promising.

Who-Dey, kids, Who-Dey
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I was a fan back before they had stripes on their helmets. They are a major part of my Sunday Afternoons no matter if they are playing for a playoff spot or the number 1 pick in the draft. My passion for them is the same whether they are 16-0 or 0-16. Either way they are still my beloved Bengals.
Bengal Cat Wrote:I was a fan back before they had stripes on their helmets. They are a major part of my Sunday Afternoons no matter if they are playing for a playoff spot or the number 1 pick in the draft. My passion for them is the same whether they are 16-0 or 0-16. Either way they are still my beloved Bengals.

I think they had a 2-14 season twice in the 90's. It might even be 1-15. Does anyone know for sure? Anyways, I am with you on that man. The Bengals are a important part of my Sunday afternoons and have been ever since I was a small kid (watching them get their butts beat).
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:I think they had a 2-14 season twice in the 90's. It might even be 1-15. Does anyone know for sure? Anyways, I am with you on that man. The Bengals are a important part of my Sunday afternoons and have been ever since I was a small kid (watching them get their butts beat).

They dished out a few butt beatings too Scotty......lol.
Bengal Cat Wrote:They dished out a few butt beatings too Scotty......lol.

True. Big Grin I just remember that most of the 90's was fairly depressing because they were so hard to watch.
the worst memory was sitting through a few years of akili smith
I was unfortunate enough to attend many of the most infamous Bengals games. I was at the game when Sam Wyche proved he could lose a game when leading by 6 points, with the ball, and about 6 seconds left on the clock. How he was not fired before leaving the field is beyond me. And he walked to shake hands with Bill Walsh, a man deemed not good enough to coach the Bengals after Paul Brown retired, and Walsh had to tell him the game was not over-SF still had to kick the XP.
I was also at the game against the Jets which resulted in a rule change. The Bengals intercepted the ball but momentum took the corner into the endzone for a safety.
I have stuck with the team though, even though I refused to attend games & give money to the franchise during the shameful Dave Shula years, which coincided with the shameful Bill Curry years at UK.
Strangely, I have also witnessed firsthand the only 2 UK losses in the first round of the UKIT which happened during my life. I guess when I go to a game I'm sure to see something memorable, but it will more than likely be bad for my team.
I have been with the Bengals since the 80’s. I went to several games in the 90’s and after. I had the opportunity to take 7 Cowboy fans with me to the Boomer Returns Tour. After being down 10-0, Boomer lit the score board up to take the win. That was also the game were the fan fell out of the top level on to the people below. Had the chance to see a few great and not so great games at Riverfront. I also saw some great players during those years to include Marino with Don in a great game, Elway on a great winning streak to his first Super Bowl ring in a game that was close until a 4th quarter fall apart, also a few great players from the Steelers. I had the chance to watch the last Miami / Bengals’ game as ugly as it may have been was a big win for the Bengals during this Lewis era. I have a few nice old Bengals’ mugs that I wouldn’t take anything for.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
i dont know about people on here but where im from bengal fans have come out of the wood works since theyve been winning. and the same with pitt since they won the super bowl. i hate it cause half these people i didnt even know liked football.
I've stuck with the Bengals for over 20 years now, ever since I was old enough to get into football. I feel like I've come full circle now, from the glory years of Boomer (and that heartbreaking SB game), through the ridiculous Klingler-O'Donnell-Akili nonsense, and now back to good times again with the Carson era. The 90's and early 00's sure were rough, but I never dropped my team. Heck, I even wore a Carl Pickens jersey I got back in college!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I've stuck with the Bengals for over 20 years now, ever since I was old enough to get into football. I feel like I've come full circle now, from the glory years of Boomer (and that heartbreaking SB game), through the ridiculous Klingler-O'Donnell-Akili nonsense, and now back to good times again with the Carson era. The 90's and early 00's sure were rough, but I never dropped my team. Heck, I even wore a Carl Pickens jersey I got back in college!

:Thumbs: I hope to, one day, be able to say that I've been a fan for over 20 years just as you have.

Who-Dey, my good brother :letsparty
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Well boys at the risk of telling my age.....I'm approaching the 30 year mark.
Ive always been a diehard Bengals fan through thick and thin as well, Im like everyone else, no matter if they go 16-0 or 0-16, the Bengals are still my team and always will be!
-STATS- Wrote:Ive always been a diehard Bengals fan through thick and thin as well, Im like everyone else, no matter if they go 16-0 or 0-16, the Bengals are still my team and always will be!

AMEN!!!!