Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry Caudill stepping down? *Rumor*
Anyone know if the rumor is true of current Hazard Bulldogs coach resigning yesterday?
I don’t have any knowledge of the situation, hope it’s not true. Would be really hard on the team to start over with only a month left in the season. Not sure what would cause a coach to walk away in the middle of the season. Usually if a coaching change is made during the season it’s done by the administration. He has struggled but has only been coaching in high school for a couple months. Things are different coaching high school, everything is questioned and 2nd guessed.
Would not think so, he is coaching his daughter and they have a pretty good team. They lost a game in the All A, but don't think he would resign because of that.
I wouldnt think so either not this late in the season especially with his daughter on the team.
Tailback44 Wrote:I wouldnt think so either not this late in the season especially with his daughter on the team.

It was true. But the girls and him talked it over and he was back the next day. Smh. I think that stunt will make certain he won’t be coaching next year. Besides, I think he was basically a fill in giving the situation with Brashear. I’m sure they are looking for someone. My guess is Jon Walker will be there next year! For sure.
basketballx2 Wrote:It was true. But the girls and him talked it over and he was back the next day. Smh. I think that stunt will make certain he won’t be coaching next year. Besides, I think he was basically a fill in giving the situation with Brashear. I’m sure they are looking for someone. My guess is Jon Walker will be there next year! For sure.

Well if you remember the rumors were going fast and furious that he was talking to other schools about his daughter transferring schools. From what got posted she was all but gone. Those rumors stopped and then news broke shortly thereafter that he was the coach. I just assumed him getting the job, was Hazard making sure she didn't transfer.
basketballx2 Wrote:It was true. But the girls and him talked it over and he was back the next day. Smh. I think that stunt will make certain he won’t be coaching next year. Besides, I think he was basically a fill in giving the situation with Brashear. I’m sure they are looking for someone. My guess is Jon Walker will be there next year! For sure.

Surely we wont go down this road with Walker. The South Laurel debacle is not over with this fool yet.
I can’t see Walker getting another girls coaching job. That’s just asking for trouble.
KingCommodore Wrote:Surely we wont go down this road with Walker. The South Laurel debacle is not over with this fool yet.

It’s all been quiet so I’m assuming it’s over. Nothing has came of it, no proof so I can def see Hazard giving him the job. By August, nobody will even be talking about a new coach coming to South Laurel.
basketballx2 Wrote:It’s all been quiet so I’m assuming it’s over. Nothing has came of it, no proof so I can def see Hazard giving him the job. By August, nobody will even be talking about a new coach coming to South Laurel.

No charges was ever filed.
If Walker did anything illegal, he would have been charged.
zaga_fan Wrote:If Walker did anything illegal, he would have been charged.

Exactly.
Well if I had been accused of wrong doings and was 100% innocent I know I would have made it known that I didn’t do the things people were saying. He just left as quietly as possible which usually means, some type of deal was made if you go away then charges won’t be pressed against you. If you’re innocent you are going to stand and fight for your name. You don’t just leave a team like he had 2 weeks before the season for no reason. Let’s get real folks. He might get a job at Hazard but that would be the only place that would give him a girls job after the accusations that were made.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Well if I had been accused of wrong doings and was 100% innocent I know I would have made it known that I didn’t do the things people were saying. He just left as quietly as possible which usually means, some type of deal was made if you go away then charges won’t be pressed against you. If you’re innocent you are going to stand and fight for your name. You don’t just leave a team like he had 2 weeks before the season for no reason. Let’s get real folks. He might get a job at Hazard but that would be the only place that would give him a girls job after the accusations that were made.

Not over. Fact.
KingCommodore Wrote:Not over. Fact.

Don’t agree with this. Otherwise, the news would be keeping up with this. It’s a small town and the news reported once then nothing else. And everyone knows, media would be blowing up if there was any truth to this. Bet a million it’s over. Like the comment above, it either didn’t happen or if he left quietly, no charges pressed. Is he still teaching there or resign from coaching and teaching?