Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emerging Powerhouses
Since the beginning of the new year I see two teams quickly emerging as state powerhouses.

Henry Clay: With an 18-4 record Henry Clay has played well all year. However, until last night they didn't have a signature win that the Devils could hang their hat on. On January 4th at Henry Clay they played Scott County very close and even lead most of the game before losing by 8. Last night, at Henry Clay they beat a full strength Trinity team for that signature win they had been looking for. It will be interesting to see how they do on the road at Madison Central and Scott County next week. Most likely, Scott County will still be without Moreno.

Woodford County: At 15-5 Woodford County lost a couple games earlier in the year they probably shouldn't have lost. However, in the last 5 days they have blow out Frederick Douglass, came within a 3-pointer off the front of the rim of beating Scott County, then last night beat a good Collins team by 7. The Jackets have a home matchup with Trinity this weekend and a February 7 rematch at Scott County. Moreno could very well be back in the SC lineup by then. We'll see.
I'm afraid they can emerge all they want, but neither is winning that region.
I mentioned that Henry Clay was a strong program after Frankfort beat them. Shortly after Frankfort beat South I was told by a couple guys in here that Henry Clay wasn’t a quality win lol
I've heard that Moreno returning in February or even this season is far from certain.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:I'm afraid they can emerge all they want, but neither is winning that region.

As a Scott County fan, I hope you are correct.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:I mentioned that Henry Clay was a strong program after Frankfort beat them. Shortly after Frankfort beat South I was told by a couple guys in here that Henry Clay wasn’t a quality win lol

Henry Clay was a quality win for Frankfort. It's just that until you beat somebody you're not going to get a lot of respect. Even though Henry Clay had played well and had a good record, until last night they hadn't beaten anybody of note.
Go Blazers Go Wrote:I've heard that Moreno returning in February or even this season is far from certain.

Maybe you have some info that his doctor doesn't have. His orthopedic says the bone is healing great. There was no separation in the bone, just a hairline crack. The cast was scheduled to come off this week (Monday I think). Then, I understand he will be in a walking boot to allow for weight bearing and light exercise for 10 days or so. I think Scott County is taking a very conservative approach to Moreno's recovery. Their attitude is, "As long as he is back by tournament time." I think he could be back sooner if they wanted to push it, but they don't.

The silver lining is that Moreno's has allowed SC a chance to get Hamilton, Harris and Barber in some tight game situations. It's been a great experience for all three.