Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A Favorite
Who will be the 2A favorite with the departures and new arrivals to the class?

Going West to East I suspect it will be Mayfield with most of this years team returning, 8 on offense and 8 on defense. Caldwell Co moves in but lost a ton. Besides Mayfield I think Murray will be decent but not as strong as Mayfield. Moving Easterly, OCath will be solid but I dont see them being as strong as Mayfield. In the Louisville area the departure of CAL and DeSales leaves a weaker district. In NKY Beechwood moves up replacing NCC but Beechwood lost a ton. In Central and SCentral KY. The Ads will be better, I am unsure about Briar Bunnies. LCA will be better as a young but competitive team is back. Out East I have not a clue. Can anyone provide incite to the East and more info on Danville and Somerset? With limited knowledge I suspect Mayfield at #1 and LCA at #2. Following these 2 I suspect its a Danville, Beechwood Somerset log jam. Again I am not sure what Somerset and the Ads return and there maybe a sleeper I am overlooking like Walton Verona was this year
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Who will be the 2A favorite with the departures and new arrivals to the class?

Going West to East I suspect it will be Mayfield with most of this years team returning, 8 on offense and 8 on defense. Caldwell Co moves in but lost a ton. Besides Mayfield I think Murray will be decent but not as strong as Mayfield. Moving Easterly, OCath will be solid but I dont see them being as strong as Mayfield. In the Louisville area the departure of CAL and DeSales leaves a weaker district. In NKY Beechwood moves up replacing NCC but Beechwood lost a ton. In Central and SCentral KY. The Ads will be better, I am unsure about Briar Bunnies. LCA will be better as a young but competitive team is back. Out East I have not a clue. Can anyone provide incite to the East and more info on Danville and Somerset? With limited knowledge I suspect Mayfield at #1 and LCA at #2. Following these 2 I suspect its a Danville, Beechwood Somerset log jam. Again I am not sure what Somerset and the Ads return and there maybe a sleeper I am overlooking like Walton Verona was this year

Somerset returns nine on offense and 6-7 on defense. They should be competitive.
East I think it’s Somerset and LCA now I don’t know about Danville maybe some of the other posters could let us know. I think in a couple years Prestonburg may be back in the hunt as I think they where pretty young this year maybe just hoping more than I should.
Pikeville is winning 2A as well hahaha
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Pikeville is winning 2A as well hahaha

Oh how you wish Pikeville would go to 2A.:flame:
jetpilot Wrote:Oh how you wish Pikeville would go to 2A.:flame:

explain?

They should have the strongest position in 1A going forward
Patriot1 Wrote:East I think it’s Somerset and LCA now I don’t know about Danville maybe some of the other posters could let us know. I think in a couple years Prestonburg may be back in the hunt as I think they where pretty young this year maybe just hoping more than I should.

Somerset, LCA, and Danville are in the West in the new alignment. If they reseed the Final 4, things could get screwed up, but as it stands right now, those 3 teams will be in the West.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:explain?

They should have the strongest position in 1A going forward

RD is trolling Pikeville and you are right Pikeville is fine right where they are.
Mayfield vs Beechwood
Somerset loses some talent but we return all of our playmakers. We should be better next year.

Somerset, LCA, and Danville move from district 7 to district 4. Middlesboro stays East and we add Washington Co. to our district in the new alignment.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Somerset, LCA, and Danville are in the West in the new alignment. If they reseed the Final 4, things could get screwed up, but as it stands right now, those 3 teams will be in the West.

Sorry KentuckyHillBilly I forgot. All this new seeding is hard on an old guy
With CAL and Desales moving up District 4 undoubtedly becomes the hardest district in 2A. Welcome Washington Co..

Somerset has a lot returning. I believe they have to be the favorite in the district going in.

LCA lost 2 LB’s and 2 OL. 70% of their starters last year were freshman or sophomores for a team that went 9-4. They also had 5 freshman that did not start but saw significant playing time. They will still be young but there depth will improve even more for next year.

Danville will need to reload. They lost 25 seniors. That is a huge class for a 2A team.

I don’t know much about Washington Co.. Any have more detail in what they have returning?
The usual suspects will be there again next year.. Mayfield, Somerset, LCA, Caldwell Co, OBoro Catholic, Danville, Murray, Beechwood, W.Verona, LLoyd Memorial... Those will be the Top 10 teams in some sort of order or another.
reading on here who has what back i like the Cards alot to be the clear cut favorite
Mayfield is the favorite.
I look for LCA to be competing for a state semi final or even a championship. A lot of young guys coming back. It was impressive that they were able to have the season that they had this year with such a young team.
Mayfield to me is the front runner with what they have returning and CAL leaving. Beechwood lost a lot but they still will be a contender.
BlueRaider Wrote:I look for LCA to be competing for a state semi final or even a championship. A lot of young guys coming back. It was impressive that they were able to have the season that they had this year with such a young team.

They did have a nice year but they can't compete w/Mayfield. The Cardinals are on a different level. Somerset will give LCA all they want again.
District 1 will be a strong district, as well, with Mayfield, Caldwell Co & Murray. These 3 teams will all be Top 10 teams in most years.
After reading through the comments in this thread I standby what myself and several others said in that Mayfield is the likely front runner. I like that a lot as a Cards fan. I also agree that Dist 1 with Mayfield, Murray and Caldwell and Dist 4 with Lex CA, Danville, Somerset & maybe Washington Co will be the toughest overall districts. Mayfield, Lex, Murray, Somerset, Beechwood maybe for the top 5 with a uncertain order. So all that said to ask this question, is 2A gonna be down? It looks that way to me, what does everyone else think?
2a losing CAL, Desales, NCC and Glasgow will be down from last couple of years, but, adding Caldwell and Beechwood helps offset that a little.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:2a losing CAL, Desales, NCC and Glasgow will be down from last couple of years, but, adding Caldwell and Beechwood helps offset that a little.

Losing Cal and DeSales are big losses for 2A.
Beechwood is a substantial gain over the loss of NCC.
Caldwell and Glasgow are probably a push.
Don't sleep on Owensboro Catholic. I'm hearing that a modified offense around QB Drew Hartz is going to be a difference maker. Mayfield is still top dog out west but OCath should have some revenge factor after the way they blew the Murray playoff game last season.
Owensboro Catholic has a very good senior class last year. I thought they were a Tony Franklin system offense?
Cobraxx Wrote:With CAL and Desales moving up District 4 undoubtedly becomes the hardest district in 2A. Welcome Washington Co..

Somerset has a lot returning. I believe they have to be the favorite in the district going in.

LCA lost 2 LB’s and 2 OL. 70% of their starters last year were freshman or sophomores for a team that went 9-4. They also had 5 freshman that did not start but saw significant playing time. They will still be young but there depth will improve even more for next year.

Danville will need to reload. They lost 25 seniors. That is a huge class for a 2A team.

I don’t know much about Washington Co.. Any have more detail in what they have returning?
Not sure of the number but that sounds high and what ever the number is some of them were not contributors
I'm not expecting much from Caldwell this year, they lost to many play makers in addition to having to break in a new quarterback. They still have some good pieces on defense but the O line suffered heavy losses too.