Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 WYMT/Whayne Supply Classic Teams
More Cowbell Wrote:I'm not disagreeing with you about what their method of picking teams actually is, I simply don't agree with that method. By that logic, if the best 8 teams in the mountains were all from the 14th region, then WYMT should just take all of them, in order to have the most competetive tournament. I disagree, because then no one outside that region would even care.

It's not like you even earn your way into the tournament. You are picked based on preseason projections of how good you will be.

It's fine that you don't agree and I see your argument, however, there has been and never will be 8 better teams in a single region shutting out others from competing. Just simply would never happen and if that was ever the case, the YMT committee wouldn't pick 8 single teams from the same region. You can't realistically use that in the argument to prove a point.
all those mountain teams should just be glad that south doesnt play the wymt.
I think we are also forgetting one huge factor that goes in to determining the WYMT field. The sponsors that donate the scholorship money plays a big role in how many teams come from each region. Also, I agree that SV, Paintsville, and Pikeville are the only 3 teams that they wanted for next years' classic and obviously, Pikeville is the only school that accepted the invite.
SLHSCard Wrote:all those mountain teams should just be glad that south doesnt play the wymt.
We are, thanks for not playing in it...ever. Also, just be glad that WYMT considers South Laurel a mountain team because really they are not! It just so happens that when the 12th kicked them out and into the 13th, WYMT adopted them into their coverage area.
South and North should have been in the 13th all along instead of Rockastle. if they are in the 13th then why shouldnt they be considered a mountain team?
They are considered a mountain team now. We will see if they dominate the 13th this year.
happyface Wrote:They are considered a mountain team now. We will see if they dominate the 13th this year.

were they considered a mountain team while they were in the 12th? i know wymt covered alot of the football games then.

south has a chance to win the 13th but they will be far from dominating it, you cant lose players like proffitt, hammonds, and smith and expect to dominate. although they always seem to have decent players coming up and new guys transferring in so you never know.
my pick in the 13th is corbin, they have nearly everything coming back on a team that gave south all they wanted this year excluding the district game.
Anytime you have that many students in one school, you should be able to compete for a regional championship every year. But, coach Wright has done a heck of a job, because they compete for a state title every year also.
Try to stay on topic please. If you want to discuss North/South 13th/12th Rockcastle business, then please create a thread to do so.
SLHSCard Wrote:all those mountain teams should just be glad that south doesnt play the wymt.
It seems odd that you are the only person I know of anywhere that thinks South Laurel will be a top 5 team in the 13th Region this year???? You obviously are in denial about the fact that the Cards will be only an average team this year.
South will not dominate this up coming year......They will have at least 12 losses if not more
I think the WYMT is a great tourny that the kids can be proud of.