Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Knight- The Trailer Tapes
Just recently purchased Chris Knights CD called The Trailer Tapes. Now this isnt no ordinary CD, the thing that makes this so special is that he wrote and recorded all 11 songs in the living room of his single wide trailer in 1996. Someone got ahold of them, done some things with it and made it as a CD, and lemme tell ya, the songs on here are unbelievable. The lyrics are tough and real, he has basically lived the music he has written. I dont think its in stores, I ordered it off Wal-Marts website for 15 dollars after shipping. If theres any Chris Knight fans on here I would highly recommend this one!
On my way to ordering! I am a HUGE fan and am looking forward to his concert at the Polk Sallet Festival in Harlan! Missed him when he came to Johnson City a couple of weeks ago! Did you go STATS?"
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:On my way to ordering! I am a HUGE fan and am looking forward to his concert at the Polk Sallet Festival in Harlan! Missed him when he came to Johnson City a couple of weeks ago! Did you go STATS?"

No I didnt get the chance to go PB5. But I am like you I am looking very much forward to the Poke Sallet festival over at Harlan in June. He is going to be at Somerset Community College as well in August I am thinking. He was in Louisville about a week and a half ago and on the John Boy and Billy show. Had the chance to listen to that and he played a few of his songs off the trailer tapes and he was awesome on there. Its nice to know theres more than one Knight fan here at BGR.
I have the album also. The lyrics are unbelivable. Chris Knight's music is one of a kind...
Yeah...I just listened to it...good lyrics..good acoustic.
Bought It..love It..need I Say Anything Else!!!!
I need to start listening to him. Members here have been talking more and more about him likely. I will check him out sometime.

Wow, Im really glad to see thats theres a good bunch of Knight fans on here. Not only is this CD real and lyrics are rough, most of his other songs are as well.
I love it when people write about what they actually know/experience.

thetribe Wrote:I love it when people write about what they actually know/experience.

Same here Tribe, and you hardly ever see that from song writers anymore, they just get the songs, sing them and get money from it. Knight actually makes his own music for all his loyal fans to listen to.
Chris Knight is awesome. I have been listenin to his music a couple years now and I love it. It amazes me that he hasn't hit it big yet. Why hasn't any big label signed him. I LOVE country music and IMO he ranks up there with Toby Keith and some of the other country music artists we hear every day on the radio or see every day on CMT and GAC. I wonder who we gotta talk to at the EKY Expo to get him in here.
And think about it. If the EXPO could get Knight in there how much that could bump his popularity. Sell tickets for around 15-20 bucks. Sale out or at least get 6-8,000 in there. Expo would be perfect for him! Does anyone know if he has ever opened up for someone that has went on tour. If that is a no also then man, how has people missed this talent. I agree Redneck, Chris Knight ranks up there and IMP is the best that they are because he has lived most of his songs and just has "HIS OWN STYLE"! Me and you Redneck will be his managers..SOund Like a PLAN???, lol.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And think about it. If the EXPO could get Knight in there how much that could bump his popularity. Sell tickets for around 15-20 bucks. Sale out or at least get 6-8,000 in there. Expo would be perfect for him! Does anyone know if he has ever opened up for someone that has went on tour. If that is a no also then man, how has people missed this talent. I agree Redneck, Chris Knight ranks up there and IMP is the best that they are because he has lived most of his songs and just has "HIS OWN STYLE"! Me and you Redneck will be his managers..SOund Like a PLAN???, lol.

Hell yeah man. I played and sang with my old football coach from Pikeville College, he played with Chris Knight in Johnson City a couple weeks ago. Coach Mynatt is pretty darn good himself, but he said Knight is even better live. He is buddies with Knight and said he could get him to come to Champs, he just loves to play especially at bars. I'm hopin that will happen in the NEAR future.
Redneck..Are you going to Harlan to the festival? If so, we need to get together..me , you , and TidesHoss32 and sit back and chill...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Redneck..Are you going to Harlan to the festival? If so, we need to get together..me , you , and TidesHoss32 and sit back and chill...

I'm thinkin I will be able to. My best friend is gettin married either that weekend or the followin weekend, can't remember, lol. I'll let ya know somethin and we will definately do that bub.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Redneck..Are you going to Harlan to the festival? If so, we need to get together..me , you , and TidesHoss32 and sit back and chill...

Hey count me in, lol Im heading down to Harlan to the festival as well. If he ever came to the expo I would do my darndest to get front row seats!
As I would as well!
And it sounds like a date -STAT-, lol..
i will be on walmart.com in a little bit.
Blake Shelton is singing one of Chis Knights songs on his new CD-"Pure BS" name of the song is "aint easy bein me"
Knight is from Kentucky. Western part I believe...

STATS...We have some of his mainstream tunes at work.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Knight is from Kentucky. Western part I believe...

Slaughters, KY... I believe it's right outside of Bowlin Green, but don't hold me to it.
You are right Redneck!
jammin' jamey Wrote:Knight is from Kentucky. Western part I believe...

Yeah I remember one day I was looking through the book to see if any of his songs were listed, I didnt think they would be but they actually were. It Aint Easy Being Me and Somethings Changed are my favorites to listen to at work.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:You are right Redneck!

Man I ain't gonna make the concert :HitWall:
That dang weddin is the same day.
Did he go to WKU??
Yeah Redneck, come to find out, I am going to have to miss it also! I have to take our kids to Special Olympics that weekend and didn't realize it until I got to looking at school. Oh well, Chris Knight plays statewide often!
I volunteer every year for the Special Olympics and have to take kids from my class. Time I look forward to each and every year. But for those who can attend or who has never seen him live..GO TO THIS! YOU WILL BE A FAN FOR LIFE!
RavenBoy Wrote:Did he go to WKU??

Yes he did.