Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alan Hatcher, New coach at Perry Co Central???
Rumors are that Alan Hatcher(Graves Co and former Williamson, WV coach)has been named the new coach at Perry Co Central.

Details and confirmation to follow.
Good because i know 100% the Kyle Lively inst going
I heard 2 weeks ago that he would be named soon...He has a great track record...
Hatcher's slow methodical style will be something to watch in the 14th.
Ive heard this name before and along with it alot of good things as well. So if confirmation is 100% true, this will be an excellent hire for Perry Central.
Good grief...have you ever watched Graves Co. play?
Hatcher is a REALLY good "x" and "o" type guy, BUT
I would almost rather try to go to sleep to the

drip, drip, drip of a spent washer faucet than to
watch 44 to 39 basketball.
Get ready you lucky Perry Countians, you just got the biggest bore in the state of KY for a coach. Its easier to watch paint dry than it is to make it to the end of a Hatcher game without falling to sleep. Tell the local drug stores to stock up on all the caffine products they can get cause these products will be selling like hotcakes.
hatch wins and wins often but few have ever witnessed one of his wins because everyone has gave up and gone home or is asleep in their seats
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Get ready you lucky Perry Countians, you just got the biggest bore in the state of KY for a coach. Its easier to watch paint dry than it is to make it to the end of a Hatcher game without falling to sleep. Tell the local drug stores to stock up on all the caffine products they can get cause these products will be selling like hotcakes.
hatch wins and wins often but few have ever witnessed one of his wins because everyone has gave up and gone home or is asleep in their seats

Sure sounds like sour grapes.Sad

Hatcher has won 663 games in his career...including a WV state championship and 10 KY regional championships in 20 years in KY

I would rather have a boring winner than an exciting loser, ANYDAY.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Sure sounds like sour grapes.Sad

Hatcher has won 663 games in his career...including a WV state championship and 10 KY regional championships in 20 years in KY

Not sour grapes...Hatcher is a great "x" and "o"
guy...good with practice plans and getting kids
to play hard and dedicate to improvement. Given
PCC's school size as a comparative in the 14th
region, Hatcher will have a lot of success. BUT,
that doesn't mean I have to enjoy push and hold
defense, does it? It is a methodical, physcial
style of play, and Hatcher wins with it, but if
he leaves where he is to come to PCC, make a call
and find out what kind of talent is in the pipe
in Graves County when compared to some of the
powerhouses down there...
thecavemaster Wrote:Not sour grapes...Hatcher is a great "x" and "o"
guy...good with practice plans and getting kids
to play hard and dedicate to improvement. Given
PCC's school size as a comparative in the 14th
region, Hatcher will have a lot of success. BUT,
that doesn't mean I have to enjoy push and hold
defense, does it? It is a methodical, physcial
style of play, and Hatcher wins with it, but if
he leaves where he is to come to PCC, make a call
and find out what kind of talent is in the pipe
in Graves County when compared to some of the
powerhouses down there...

Some of us actually enjoy REAL basketball where defense if played and emphasized...Just my opinion, but I'd rather see a team get after it defensively than watching run and gun that I have seen in eastern KY the past 10 years.

Sorry, I'm just old school.
Is it offical that Hatcher is at PCC or Is he just the front runner?
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I would rather have a boring winner than an exciting loser, ANYDAY.

Tell that to Tubby-Bashers...Smile

I agree with you though, show me a good defensive team that hustles and does the little things than a team shooting 35 3-pointers and hitting 3 per game.
Press conference today at 1 pm. Excellent decision on behalf of PC. He will definitly give Hazard and Holland a run. Can't wait to look back in 5 years and see just how many trips Hatcher and his Commodores make down the parkway to RUPP!!!
agree. what happens if your 3 point shooter is shut down and that's the basis of your "game"? That's where Hatcher's style of "boring play" wins the game. Guess we'll just have to take our "no dooze" to RUPP w/ us!!!!!
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Sure sounds like sour grapes.Sad

You might but after watching it for awhile I would love to see how you feel. Before Hatch I too would have agreed but it got to me. for me and alot of others he ruined watching our team play. It just was no longer any fun and I have been going since I was a little kid but stopped. Not completely but I stopped making most of the games only going to a few a year the last few years. I learned from this that winning is not as important as I had believed it to be. The Graves fan base in recent years has declined at a alarming rate and some of the kids that would normally play have elected not to play and the reason for both in most cases was Hatcher's style was boring and no kids didnt enjoy playing this style. It was a real shame, Graves has what may be the states premier gym and it use to be at or near capacity all the time now its a quarter to half full. Alot of folks here are excited he is leaving.
All that being said I have to say again that he is a great coach and will get lots of wins and his style allows him win even with inferior talent. He will have the most disaplined team you will see and if the opponet makes any mistakes he will capitalize. He won a ton of games with inferior talent because his teams were so disaplined and prepared. If he gets a lead on a dangerous team look out, his teams are masters of holding the ball and he is not afraid to do so for quarters at a time if it benefits his team. Good luck guys, it looks to me like this is a win, win for everyone involved. Graves was ready for a new style and coach that will livinin things up and will likely not be as successful but should still bring back the fans and PCC is getting a guy that has won everywhere he has been.
Congrats to Hatcher on becoming the new PCC coach.
Show your proof to back your accusations before you try to start ruining someones reputation out of your own jealousy. People need to be focusing on the positive such as winnning and more imporantly the kids but no no no; there's people out there like this who want to pretend we live in a soap opera. Get a life for goodness sake; geeeessss.
If any members see false or slanderous information posted on this website, please contact a staff member.
bball1033 Wrote:Press conference today at 1 pm. Excellent decision on behalf of PC. He will definitly give Hazard and Holland a run. Can't wait to look back in 5 years and see just how many trips Hatcher and his Commodores make down the parkway to RUPP!!!

Hatcher and his Commodores wont make any trips down to Rupp as long as BIG AL is at Hazard. Well he might take them down there for a pre season game that is all.Cool
jammin' jamey Wrote:Tell that to Tubby-Bashers...Smile

I agree with you though, show me a good defensive team that hustles and does the little things than a team shooting 35 3-pointers and hitting 3 per game.

Well I guess I cant show you the Golden State Warriors there Jamey, Smile
Yeah same here Fox Sports, I would rather have a winner than a loser anyday. Im also like you, Im an old school type of basketball fan. I like to watch the slow down type games that are low scoring most of the time. Theres always great games that have tons of offense, but defensive games are the best.
theboss Wrote:Hatcher and his Commodores wont make any trips down to Rupp as long as BIG AL is at Hazard. Well he might take them down there for a pre season game that is all.Cool

if its the same as the past two coaches at hazard, BIG AL wont be there long.
SLHSCard Wrote:if its the same as the past two coaches at hazard, BIG AL wont be there long.

Big Al isn't one of these scrub coaches that they pick up off the street to just come in for a year until they found who they wanted..he is one of the top premiere coaches in the state...he will be there as long as he wants to bc hes going to be winning All A State Champtionships and 14th region titles like there going out of style...:notworthy
theboss Wrote:Big Al isn't one of these scrub coaches that they pick up off the street to just come in for a year until they found who they wanted..he is one of the top premiere coaches in the state...he will be there as long as he wants to bc hes going to be winning All A State Champtionships and 14th region titles like there going out of style...:notworthy

yeah, your right Big Al is someone Hazard has been wanting for a long time so he'll be there as long as he wants and he deff be winning as a Dawg .
MVP2 Wrote:yeah, your right Big Al is someone Hazard has been wanting for a long time so he'll be there as long as he wants and he deff be winning as a Dawg .

sounds good guys, i havent seen Big Al coach much in person but i know hes always competitive in the 14th and ive always heard positive of him over there so he might be the right hire for the dawgs. good luck to you guys this year.
-STATS- Wrote:Well I guess I cant show you the Golden State Warriors there Jamey, Smile

Show them to me after they the Jazz put them out of the playoffs and end their little party. Wink
Its one thing to play boring style ball and win but Tubby didnt do that. If you are going to lose then atleast make it exciting. If Hatcher wins playing his style then they will love him but if he loses playing slow down ball he will be hated.
theboss Wrote:Big Al isn't one of these scrub coaches that they pick up off the street to just come in for a year until they found who they wanted..he is one of the top premiere coaches in the state...he will be there as long as he wants to bc hes going to be winning All A State Champtionships and 14th region titles like there going out of style...:notworthy
I dont call Kevin Spurlock a scrub coach, he just left for a better job.
How many players did Central graduate last year, and how much talet do they have coming back??
Justin Stacy, Tyler Bailey, Joe Begley, and Heath Breashear.......They return JY Amis, Jason Kelly and Deron Amis .