Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 53 Powell County 00
Final :Cheerlead

:howdy::howdy: Bell County
Said it on the game thread, hounds just came out and dominated both sides of the ball. Controlled the lines, executed pretty well, limited penalties and turnovers. Everything you wanted to see from them in this game. Gosslin was back and looked great. The WRs looked good to go with him. Longmire had a good game and so did Yeager. Estep played great as well. Defense was AMAZING. can’t speak enough of how great they played. All of them. Did a good job stopping PCs strength, which isn’t easily done, and forcing their weakness. All in all solid effort.

PC. Nothing to hang your head about. A solid, solid, season. Really good players. Just too one dimensional to compete in the later rounds. But they fought and didn’t give up. The 1st qtr was rough on them. Not many yards at all. Probably got more from penalties. And there wasn’t too many. But even when done and probably out of reach, they fought in the 2nd qtr and put together a nice drive. That’s a testament to their kids. Skidmore, while the stats won’t show it, is a phenomenal athlete. You could see it in him on plays. Good vision. Has the talent to play at the next level. But, it’s hard to put the team on your back, when you’re one dimensional and corbins defense was keying on him solely, forcing them to pass. I can see why PC won 9 games this year. If he made it past the line of scrimmage he was getting another 9 or 10 yards with it. Corbin just did a great job of stopping him there. Which is also a testament to our D. I don’t know what years their players are but they’ve got some huge lineman. Monsters!! So they might have another good season or two ahead of them. But congrats. Thanks for a good clean game and showing sportsmanship and class. Safe travels and good luck.
Congrats to Hounds.
Oh yeah, say some prayers for their QB. Heard a man at the stand say they thought he broke his hand.
Just as I expected. Powell has never played a team on the level that Corbin is on. Way to go Redhounds!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Congrats and goodluck to the Redhounds the rest of the way, I believe this squad can really pull it out on Kroger field this year. Congrats to Powell Co. on a great regular season. #15 is a hoss and is respected all across the state of Kentucky. This game answered some questions a few of us had about both of these teams.
Play somebody. 🙄

😜
Congrats Corbin, and to my buddy Hound05. Keep it going!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Congrats Corbin, and to my buddy Hound05. Keep it going!

I hope so. We looked good tonight. Played clean and flew around out there. There’s a couple from PC who will be a little sore this morning after two hits laid on them. But I liked what I saw, against a good team. They didn’t play the toughest schedule but a good team with a heck of a RB and some monster lineman. They just didn’t have the speed to compete. By the time they put a drive together it was out of hand. I just hope what we done carries over to bell. And I think it will!
I think #75 (or #78) for Powell is 6'6" and 325. That's what I was told. He is a senior and going to play for Campbellsville next year. They really do have a lot of size.
Congrats to the redhounds as I said their depth and talent was simply to much for the pirates.
Powell had a better season than I saw them having initial but without #4 and #15 they would have probably been the 4 seat in their District and that just goes to show the credit those guys deserve.
smoke1015 Wrote:I think #75 (or #78) for Powell is 6'6" and 325. That's what I was told. He is a senior and going to play for Campbellsville next year. They really do have a lot of size.
Play at? or Play for? $cholarship?
Games get competitive next week for the Hounds.