Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will someone please explain...
Why one should not wear pants or shorts that have "popped pleats"?
explain a little in what you mean by a "popped pleat" maybe a picture?
Yeah, what exactly is a popped pleat?
A "popped pleat" on a pair of trousers. It's located up next to the waist band. Some trousers may have one pleat, while others, may have two. When they are "popped", they are pulled open and thus makes the person look too heavy or wide around the middle.
I know what you are saying Snake...I think.
There is a pleat there but when heavier people wear them it turns into like a pit looking thing there. Like you could fit a cellphone in it when some people do it.
It spreads the fabric apart and causes a different look.
Maybe???

INdeed... well, my son has finally begun growing "out" instead of "up".... and as most "thin folks" would never know about "popped pleats"... I was trying to tactfully let him know that this one particular pair of linen trousers he had chosen to wear on Sunday were not his best choice... due to.... you guessed it..."popped pleats". He was not even seeing it, much less understanding it.... most gals know all about this and choose to avoid this by wearing pleatless trousers or are very careful to make certain their pleats are properly fitted. Pleats are something a very thin person might wear to add some weight.
I don't wear pleats. I HAVE in khakis before. I am really happy that I knew what you were talking about, haha.

Most ALL females will know... (this is not being sexist.... just that guys don't notice these types of things that much!)
Now that you have mentioned this. I think I will start watching for "Popped Pleats" on certain people. Just not on any of my guy buddies. Don't think they would let me live it down if I told them their pleats were popped. lol Their first question would prolly be, Why are you looking? lol
OffTheHook Wrote:Now that you have mentioned this. I think I will start watching for "Popped Pleats" on certain people. Just not on any of my guy buddies. Don't think they would let me live it down if I told them their pleats were popped. lol Their first question would prolly be, Why are you looking? lol
SmileSmileSmileSmile I laughed way too hard at this. Thanks for the laugh.
OffTheHook Wrote:Now that you have mentioned this. I think I will start watching for "Popped Pleats" on certain people. Just not on any of my guy buddies. Don't think they would let me live it down if I told them their pleats were popped. lol Their first question would prolly be, Why are you looking? lol

Smile OMG man if I whould ask my friends they whould never let me live it donw either.
OTH.... you've cracked me up...
Hopefully all the laughing hasn't popped any pleats also. lol By the way snake. Thanks for making me "Pleat Paranoid" about my PLEATS! lol
Being pleat paranoid might not be such a bad thing for ANYONE to be. May eliminate some eyesores of the world.

Amen! lol
So basically... everyone should.... "UN" pop their pleats!!!

I swear... Snake is soooo smart!!! Smile