Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Rankings thru 6 weeks
Westside Wrote:What makes Henry Clay a bad loss? Do they have bad losses? If so are we using a double standard here and not penalizing Henry Clay for their loses?

Have you seen Henry clay play?
Frank Martin Wrote:Yep, people like me....people that have an unbiased opinion based on actual knowledge are definitely not who you want to debate with.

Frank in your mind you think you’re a football guru, but in mine you’re just an instigator and I have better things to do than argue with you about high school football.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Frank in your mind you think you’re a football guru, but in mine you’re just an instigator and I have better things to do than argue with you about high school football.

Jack, I do not think I am a guru of anything. Seriously, anytime anyone has anything to say other than Boyle is the best team in the world you and fosho come back on the attack. Everyone is entitled to their opinion including myself. If you look back you will see that's all I am doing is giving an opinion and you two always come back with some comment that I am wrong, etc.. Neither one of you really give an opinion of your own you just shoot down anything that doesnt praise all things Boyle. If having my own opinion is instigating to you all then I guess that's your problem and maybe you should get thicker skin or stop saying you don't have time to argue but yet you respond. Have a great rest of the season.
Frank Martin Wrote:Jack, I do not think I am a guru of anything. Seriously, anytime anyone has anything to say other than Boyle is the best team in the world you and fosho come back on the attack. Everyone is entitled to their opinion including myself. If you look back you will see that's all I am doing is giving an opinion and you two always come back with some comment that I am wrong, etc.. Neither one of you really give an opinion of your own you just shoot down anything that doesnt praise all things Boyle. If having my own opinion is instigating to you all then I guess that's your problem and maybe you should get thicker skin or stop saying you don't have time to argue but yet you respond. Have a great rest of the season.

I believe you've instigated FIRST on everything involved with me. I think you are a troll. You know nothing about high school football all you know is what people say and what you hear in newspaper articles.

I know people from across the state and could tell you things that would blow your mind on teams/players/coaches/recruiting, etc, but I don't. I didn't get on here to do that...nonspecifics is how I roll.

I'm done.
FoSho Wrote:I believe you've instigated FIRST on everything involved with me. I think you are a troll. You know nothing about high school football all you know is what people say and what you hear in newspaper articles.

I know people from across the state and could tell you things that would blow your mind on teams/players/coaches/recruiting, etc, but I don't. I didn't get on here to do that...nonspecifics is how I roll.

I'm done.

You have to be a child or a kid. Other Boyle fans have personal messaged me and told me to ignore you and that you don't speak for them. Really wish I would have listened. If you would care to say another word about me personally please by all means send me a pm and we will work it out.
Frank Martin Wrote:Jack, I do not think I am a guru of anything. Seriously, anytime anyone has anything to say other than Boyle is the best team in the world you and fosho come back on the attack. Everyone is entitled to their opinion including myself. If you look back you will see that's all I am doing is giving an opinion and you two always come back with some comment that I am wrong, etc.. Neither one of you really give an opinion of your own you just shoot down anything that doesnt praise all things Boyle. If having my own opinion is instigating to you all then I guess that's your problem and maybe you should get thicker skin or stop saying you don't have time to argue but yet you respond. Have a great rest of the season.

You need to go back and read my post’s I generally shy away from conflict on this board I will defend Boyle if I think it’s necessary and I’m no where near as aggressive as FoSho you can call me a homer if you want it doesn’t bother me I call it like I see it I’m 53 years old I’ve Played the game coached the game and watched the game for 44 of those years so I know as much about football as most on this board. It sounds to me like you’re homer to of Fayetteville county football, historically football in Lexington is generally weak I would almost bet that Boyle has won as many state titles as all of Fayette county combined.
Woodsman Wrote:Have you seen Henry clay play?

On Prepspin, yes.
In jack and fosho defense and not that they need it, they have always been very opinionated but have always spoken factually with me. And from personal experience they do tend to piss off homers daily, but they back it up. If these two get you going, they need to introduce you to wienerpencil. This guy will have you mixing your meds with alcohol, lol. My blood pressure just went up by saying his name.
Jack Lambert Wrote:You need to go back and read my post’s I generally shy away from conflict on this board I will defend Boyle if I think it’s necessary and I’m no where near as aggressive as FoSho you can call me a homer if you want it doesn’t bother me I call it like I see it I’m 53 years old I’ve Played the game coached the game and watched the game for 44 of those years so I know as much about football as most on this board. It sounds to me like you’re homer to of Fayetteville county football, historically football in Lexington is generally weak I would almost bet that Boyle has won as many state titles as all of Fayette county combined.

I have no interest in conflict either but I will defend my opinion when attacked just like you defend your team. You are right I should not have lumped you in with FS. I am about the same age and have played, coached and been a fan for most of my life. Some of my best friends played in the NFL for a number of years. I am definitely not a Fayette county homer though I follow several of the players in Lexington because I know several of them and their families. If you have read some of my other posts I believe the main reason the Fayette county public schools do not perform as well as they should is a complete lack of support and/or effort from administrators and coaches. It is simply not a priority. Frederick Douglas is the exception and an example of what can be done if the support and effort is there. There's plenty of talent in Lexington and it's really a shame that most of it is wasted and the kids never get a chance to experience what it's like to compete as a team at a high level. Good luck to you and your team the rest of the season.
Frank Martin Wrote:You have to be a child or a kid. Other Boyle fans have personal messaged me and told me to ignore you and that you don't speak for them. Really wish I would have listened. If you would care to say another word about me personally please by all means send me a pm and we will work it out.

Child or kid? Same thing?!?! 🙄

Other Boyle fans PMd you? 64? Hatz? 🙄

Spoke a word about you personally? Please enlighten me when this happened. I'm not into attacking people personally but if I did I'll apologize and would like to be reminded (fyi, telling you that you're opinion is "trash" is not attacking you, it's my opinion).

Not that it really matters, but this will be my last post on this forum. Places like this don't like to hear facts and/or strong opinions.

Health to the kids playing the sport we love and laying it on the line.
FoSho Wrote:Child or kid? Same thing?!?! 🙄

Other Boyle fans PMd you? 64? Hatz? 🙄

Spoke a word about you personally? Please enlighten me when this happened. I'm not into attacking people personally but if I did I'll apologize and would like to be reminded (fyi, telling you that you're opinion is "trash" is not attacking you, it's my opinion).

Not that it really matters, but this will be my last post on this forum. Places like this don't like to hear facts and/or strong opinions.

Health to the kids playing the sport we love and laying it on the line.

I havn't messaged anyone. But I'd be telling a fib if I said I wasn't embarrassed by about half your posts.
What's really ironic here is that I agree with you about Fredrick Douglas. I think they are a very good team but they havn't really beaten anyone. I have agreed with you many times this year on several topics but unfortunately you hand up everything as if it's indisputable facts or have already been proven when they have not and most of the time never will be. Henry Clay rolled Scott County this past weekend. Southwestern beat Henry Clay and let them score a couple of times in the 4th qtr to make it closer than the game actually seemed. But that does not mean it is a FACT that Southwestern would beat Scott County. To be honest I don't think they could beat them.

Now about Hatz........probably was him. That guy's a jerk.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:My comments about Highlands were intended for the arrogant Highlands supporters who have taken so many shots at Johnson Central's program and coach over the years. I have never counted you in that group.

However, I always pull for Covington Catholic when they play Highlands because of the arrogance of Dale Mueller and a large number of Highlands' fans during the Mueller era. Covington Catholic's coaches and most of their fans always handled themselves with class whether they won or lost their games with Johnson Central.

I've seen several Highlands fans who drove me nuts just as I've met several Boyle fans who would do the same and don't get me started on Bell Co. But being honest I met Coach Mueller a half dozen or so times and we even talked Highlands/Boyle Co a little and he was nothing but complementary. Also, if I had won 15 titles or so in 20 or 21 years as Head Coach I'd probably be a little arrogant.
Westside Wrote:On Prepspin, yes.

Yeah Henry clay shouldn’t have been within 3-4 scores of Scott county if they were legit. Something is amiss....especially with the statewide rankings.
Frank Martin Wrote:IMO Boyle can't match the overall football speed (yeah I know you have track champs), can't match skill, can't match depth, and I believe the coaching is a lot closer than you think. Name the areas Boyle wins, e.g. O line, D Line, Receivers, running backs, etc..

Don’t know enough about Frederick Douglas so I hope you will fill those in for me.

Reese Smith is by far their best receiver and has Division 1 offers. Their other receivers are pretty good but the loss of Hotchkiss took away their depth so if FD has a better corps it’s not by much.

Backfield for Boyle is solid and would be hard to beat. Bartelson is a big time D 1 prospect and add Tanner Crawford with Covelleto and you have a backfield that’s tough to beat.

QB is growing on prospect lists all the time. Lantern is very, very good. I know FD got a transfer who is a big time prospect. Is he a Senior? Lanter is a Junior.

DLine has Kelly who is a growing prospect. So rate that where you will. The Defensive backfield is hard to beat with Smith and Bartelson among others roaming back there.

I’m not as knowledgeable as some on here. FD has played better this year, or so it seems. If Boyle can overcome injuries, grow up and improve on the OLine then I think they will look more like their talent level really is.

How is FD in terms of classes? Are they Senior dominated or led? Boyleis still underclassmen heavy.
BoyleCo Wrote:These are bad. Johnson Central is way too high. So is Franklin Simpson. No Anderson County? Ashland is too high. Boyle and DeSales both beat Douglass.

Possibly, but if you go by scores like you are. JC whipped Henry Clay and Henry Clay just whipped #2 Scott Co.
Woodsman Wrote:If Henry clay just outclassed Scott county.....it defies logic to have Scott county at 11 and Henry clay at 25. “Body of work” doesn’t matter. Either Henry clay is waaaay too low or Scott county is waaaaay too high. I think the latter.

You have a right to your opinion, but, check out every other poll , rating or ranking system and you’ll see Scott considerably ahead of HC in all of them.

Quick question. If Highlands played Henry Clay and beat them soundly, which of the 3 would you rank the highest?
KYHSFBFan Wrote:You have a right to your opinion, but, check out every other poll , rating or ranking system and you’ll see Scott considerably ahead of HC in all of them.

Quick question. If Highlands played Henry Clay and beat them soundly, which of the 3 would you rank the highest?
My grievance is not with Henry clay being ranked below Scott county. My issue is with Scott county being ranked so high.
64black&gold Wrote:I've seen several Highlands fans who drove me nuts just as I've met several Boyle fans who would do the same and don't get me started on Bell Co. But being honest I met Coach Mueller a half dozen or so times and we even talked Highlands/Boyle Co a little and he was nothing but complementary. Also, if I had won 15 titles or so in 20 or 21 years as Head Coach I'd probably be a little arrogant.
Winning does not necessarily lead to arrogance. Arrogance is not a synonym for the self confidence that is necessary to build and maintain a successful sports program. There is a reason why few people see the coaches and fans of teams like Saint X, Trinity, Belfry, and Covington Catholic as arrogant.
It hurts to say, but #14 is probably the right spot for Trinity at the moment.

Hopefully we'll iron out the kinks, recover from our injuries, and make a good showing in the playoffs. Cross-bracketing pairs us with District 1 so we'll more than likely make it to the semi-finals.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Winning does not necessarily lead to arrogance. Arrogance is not a synonym for the self confidence that is necessary to build and maintain a successful sports program. There is a reason why few people see the coaches and fans of teams like Saint X, Trinity, Belfry, and Covington Catholic as arrogant.
The Cov Cath fans were very arrogant prior to Highlands incredible run, and it is starting to return.
hoot gibson Wrote:winning does not necessarily lead to arrogance. Arrogance is not a synonym for the self confidence that is necessary to build and maintain a successful sports program. There is a reason why few people see the coaches and fans of teams like saint x, trinity, belfry, and covington catholic as arrogant.

😳🙄😂