Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County 41 East Ridge 0
Magoffin County with a very lopsided win. I'd love to hear some details of this one. Congrats Hornets.
East Ridge is struggling this year, lots of inexperienced players.
East Ridge had 2 first downs and Magoffin 2 best backs only touched it like 8-9 times a piece and I think #20 scored 3 times and had one called back and #2 scored 2 times. Magoffin has actually been pretty competitive. I know the scores don’t show it with Lawrence and East Carter but I’m pretty sure it was 19-12 with 9 minutes to go in the 4th. Lawrence is Lawrence and they just put muscled them up front from what Justin told me. I’ll have to wait to see the stats but Combs has 3 guys that can score at anytime. Also the addition of 2 coaches from Breathitt that played in the 90s he’s turning that program around. Congrats Hornets!
Congrats to Magoffin County.
Way to go Magoffin.
bobcatsfan Wrote:East Ridge had 2 first downs and Magoffin 2 best backs only touched it like 8-9 times a piece and I think #20 scored 3 times and had one called back and #2 scored 2 times. Magoffin has actually been pretty competitive. I know the scores don’t show it with Lawrence and East Carter but I’m pretty sure it was 19-12 with 9 minutes to go in the 4th. Lawrence is Lawrence and they just put muscled them up front from what Justin told me. I’ll have to wait to see the stats but Combs has 3 guys that can score at anytime. Also the addition of 2 coaches from Breathitt that played in the 90s he’s turning that program around. Congrats Hornets!
getting better for sure.
you can't judge your performance against East Ridge. I'm sorry, but they're one of the worst teams in the state. They've had a ton of bad luck strike them this season, from losing their coach, to losing players to other schools in the county.
You can if you watched all three game they played and scrimmags to see improvement. No one saying they are Belfry or Johnson Central but they should be competive and maybe even favored in several of their district games. Definitely improving and with young kids coming will continue to improve.