Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 64 Belfry 49
Blackcats played good tonight.. keep it up boys!
Congrats Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Played good? Don't get me wrong Im thrilled with the win, and P'burg had some good moments but both teams were sloppy and both teams are athletic, maybe two most athletic teams in the region.
Congrats Cats......

Things may have been a little different if it had been at Belfry.

I am Looking foward to the District & Regional
Congrats to Belfry on a great regular season. These guys go hard at each other on the court but could be, and some are friends off the court. Good luck in the Dist
"BelfryPride" Wrote:Congrats Cats......

What may have been a little different?
I didn't watch the game..but i know Belfry is going into tournement time with 2 straight loses..ya never wanna see that.
"Basketballer" Wrote:
"BelfryPride" Wrote:Congrats Cats......

What may have been a little different?

That's what I was thinking.. bc the game wasn't called in any teams favor
Your right crazy, they really let em play with a ton of no calls.
"Coach" Wrote:I didn't watch the game..but i know Belfry is going into tournement time with 2 straight loses..ya never wanna see that.

Those 2 straight losses were against two good teams on the road. In the 15th Region, Everyone knows it's almost impossilble to win on the road. You know we have the best referees in the State.... :roll: :lol: Confusedhock:
Didn't really see Pburg winning this one by this margin. I thought it would have been more of a two or three point game. Congrats to the Blackcats.
Pburg missed probably 15 free throws in this game also, pburg needs to fix this problem before the district tourney.
Congrats to PBurg on the win. But I agree with Red and Black - they need alot of work from the free throw line. That could possibly make a difference in Districts or the Regional tourney.
Congrads pburg...your really contesting my opinion on whos going to win regional. Best of luck to you guys. Keep it going.
This game was pretty close, until the second half... the only thing that would have changed had this game been played at Belfry is the margin of victory... this solidifies P-burg as the #2 team in the region now... good job guys!
The referees didn't affect the outcome of the game and Pburg would have won this one tonight no matter where it was played. Blaming the refs is a weak excuse for a loss.

Belfry must have missed 20 layups and easy put backs. Pburg is very quick, and it looked like Belfry wasn't used to teams being as quick as they are. I wonder how many steals Pburg had? I also thought Belfry looked tired in the 4th qtr and they got frustrated too easily when shots weren't falling.

This game was a barn burner for nearly 3 qtrs, but once the Cats took the lead by 5 or so, they never looked back. Both these teams have the ability to make some noise in the tournament.
I can't get on here and say it was a good game by either team because it wasn't. This was one of the sloppier games I have seen all year by any team. In the 4th quarter, Prestonsburg finally got over the sloppiness and put Belfry away. Just like you guys mentioned, if P-burg wants to make it anywhere in the tournament, they need to learn to hit free throws. This game would have been a 30 point win had P-burg hit their free-throws. Belfry is a scrappy team, and teams like Belfry are the ones you gotta watch out for come tournament time. Good luck to Belfry during the post season, and bring home a regional title P-burg. See you guys Monday.
And had this game been at Belfry, Coach Crisp would have played the original starters, and they would have established the tempo, in fact, I don't think it would have been that close at Belfry either.
P'burg:
J.M. Stephens 14 pts - 11 rebs - 3 assists
Chaffin 14 pts - 6 rebs
Leslie 11 pts - 9 rebs - 3 blocks
Compton 10 pts - 6 assists - 4 steals
M. Stephens 5 pts
Morrison 4 pts
Ousley 3 pts
Blackburn 3 pts

Belfry:
Maynard 17 pts
Howard 9 pts
Jones 8 pts
Young 6 pts
Wicker 4 pts
Case 3 pts
Warren 2 pts - 7 rebs
A lot of the sloppiness was just because of the fast tempo of the game, both teams played good defense.

Congrats P-burg, keep it goin.
Good win for the Cats. Keep it up. They are going to have to make free throws at some point during the tourney. Pburg had the speed, depth, and strength to match Belfry and that is something they haven't seen a lot this year. I thought Belfry looked tired in the 4th. Good luck to the Pirates and lets go Cats.