Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunbar 2018
Iam4thecats Wrote:Its good to see someone comment on a Dunbar thread who's not trying to sabotage the program.

The administration is doing a fine job of that all on there own. I don't think they need any help.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Smith hasn’t coached in the finals. I wish you guys would stop bending over backward to trash Dunbar

You're right. Smith's Warren East team was four points away from the finals in 2007.

I'm not going out of my way. I'm pointing out facts, along with my opinion. I think Smith was a better candidate than Chris Mullins and Wes Johnson, and I think the facts back it up.

More facts: Smith was FOUR POINTS away from a state finals appearance. Wes Johnson was FOUR ROUNDS away from a state finals appearance.
Don Draper Wrote:You're right. Smith's Warren East team was four points away from the finals in 2007.

I'm not going out of my way. I'm pointing out facts, along with my opinion. I think Smith was a better candidate than Chris Mullins and Wes Johnson, and I think the facts back it up.

More facts: Smith was FOUR POINTS away from a state finals appearance. Wes Johnson was FOUR ROUNDS away from a state finals appearance.

ouch. but Smith has 0 wins as a head coach and Johnson has 26 :biggrin:
Don Draper Wrote:You're right. Smith's Warren East team was four points away from the finals in 2007.

By your logic every assistant coach who has coached in a final is better than every head coach who hasn't made a final. Both of you are hypocrites who haven't said one negative word about Tates Creeks hire when they just hired a guy who is far more unqualified than Dunbar did. Its Fayette county. Wake up.
Iam4thecats Wrote:By your logic every assistant coach who has coached in a final is better than every head coach who hasn't made a final. Both of you are hypocrites who haven't said one negative word about Tates Creeks hire when they just hired a guy who is far more unqualified than Dunbar did. Its Fayette county. Wake up.

I've been involved in football, in some capacity, for over 30 years. I know who is more qualified and who is not. One thing I know over those 30 years, is the game of football changes drastically, and that has definitely been the case over the past decade.

I hope Dunbar made the right decision. I'm one of their biggest fans. I'm also a fan of Jon Smith and of doing what is best for the program.

In the end, they both have to prove themselves in 2018.
Iam4thecats Wrote:By your logic every assistant coach who has coached in a final is better than every head coach who hasn't made a final. Both of you are hypocrites who haven't said one negative word about Tates Creeks hire when they just hired a guy who is far more unqualified than Dunbar did. Its Fayette county. Wake up.

Get off Johnson's leg he is bad hire resume wise at this point who has a chance to prove himself simple as that until then get some thick skin because Don Mcpeek Draper and others will be voicing themselves on this thread until he proves otherwise stop being so sensitive
Don Draper Wrote:I've been involved in football, in some capacity, for over 30 years. I know who is more qualified and who is not. One thing I know over those 30 years, is the game of football changes drastically, and that has definitely been the case over the past decade.

I hope Dunbar made the right decision. I'm one of their biggest fans. I'm also a fan of Jon Smith and of doing what is best for the program.

In the end, they both have to prove themselves in 2018.

you do to everyone wants to see if you and the Frederick Douglass University broncos can repeat as mythical city champs aren't u gonna ask how mnay next level kids dunbar has like you did everyone else? u aint foolin no one
Malcolm Ex Wrote:you do to everyone wants to see if you and the Frederick Douglass University broncos can repeat as mythical city champs aren't u gonna ask how mnay next level kids dunbar has like you did everyone else? u aint foolin no one

You got me all wrong buddy.
Don Draper Wrote:You got me all wrong buddy.

I doubt it you keep asking on the city school threads about kids going to the next level sounds like your trying scope things out for the Douglass University broncos. nice try you've been exposed
Any updates from bulldog nation? Are the hall of fame UK alums on staff making an impact . Heard Randy Wood is not coming on staff the only experienced coach they really had including the head coach . Johnson better watch his back.
From what I hear things are going well. The kids are excited and the parents are as well. Record number in booster club out fund raising for the team. Team participating in community events been helping out at local schools. Weight room numbers are up, players from other sports joining the team. And Coach wood is there, so not sure about your Source, but has already been meeting with the offensive coaches doing Spring ball install stuff. The school has implemented a 4th block weight class for the football team next fall to go ahead and get lifting in during the school day. Things seem to be going well from what I hear.
Texas2step Wrote:From what I hear things are going well. The kids are excited and the parents are as well. Record number in booster club out fund raising for the team. Team participating in community events been helping out at local schools. Weight room numbers are up, players from other sports joining the team. And Coach wood is there, so not sure about your Source, but has already been meeting with the offensive coaches doing Spring ball install stuff. The school has implemented a 4th block weight class for the football team next fall to go ahead and get lifting in during the school day. Things seem to be going well from what I hear.

Is Wood installing a triple option? Or are they running what the HC proposed on his website?
Both Johnson and Wood are triple option guys, so it will be a heavy dose of flexbone. From what I hear they have great personnel for it. Smallish but athletic line and a fullback they think can have a huge year behind it. Some very fast and athletic slot backs as well.
He has taken the playbooks offline, which I would do as well. Under offense he now says this " By combining the run shoot air attack with the triple option run game we will apply the pressure other teams to spend extra time in preparation for the things we do."
Texas2step Wrote:From what I hear things are going well. The kids are excited and the parents are as well. Record number in booster club out fund raising for the team. Team participating in community events been helping out at local schools. Weight room numbers are up, players from other sports joining the team. And Coach wood is there, so not sure about your Source, but has already been meeting with the offensive coaches doing Spring ball install stuff. The school has implemented a 4th block weight class for the football team next fall to go ahead and get lifting in during the school day. Things seem to be going well from what I hear.

Man you funny I got people at the bar bro. You like to exaggerate but go get urs coach the truth is on the Field People will be Watching mr exaggerator
Iam4thecats Wrote:He has taken the playbooks offline, which I would do as well. Under offense he now says this " By combining the run shoot air attack with the triple option run game we will apply the pressure other teams to spend extra time in preparation for the things we do."

The ones he Plagerized off the Trinity oc?
Malcolm Ex Wrote:The ones he Plagerized off the Trinity oc?

Trinity does not run the triple option, so no, he didn't get it from them.
Dunbar will be hosting a football showcase for high school players on April 28. Biggest showcase Lexington has ever had. It's going to bring out the best athletes in the area and Dunbar will get the publicity. Below is their Twitter account.

Central KY Showcase
Don Draper Wrote:Dunbar will be hosting a football showcase for high school players on April 28. Biggest showcase Lexington has ever had. It's going to bring out the best athletes in the area and Dunbar will get the publicity. Below is their Twitter account.

Central KY Showcase
Just asking... Will there be college recruiters at this showcase or just players showing up to show their talent to other schools? I mean IF its just showing for the other team, why is there a fee? And if there are college recruiters, will the fees go to PLD program or shared by colleges?
XOS Digital Recruiting Service is putting it on. All of the measurements and times will be sent to Colleges (all divisions) and JUCO.
FBfan4life Wrote:Just asking... Will there be college recruiters at this showcase or just players showing up to show their talent to other schools? I mean IF its just showing for the other team, why is there a fee? And if there are college recruiters, will the fees go to PLD program or shared by colleges?

David Armstrong is with XOS Digital and they will be sending out information to college coaches.
Don Draper Wrote:David Armstrong is with XOS Digital and they will be sending out information to college coaches.
Thx for the info.
Texas2step Wrote:XOS Digital Recruiting Service is putting it on. All of the measurements and times will be sent to Colleges (all divisions) and JUCO.

Thx for the info as well