Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Co. 72 Clay Co. 67
You can't reward certain players with minutes for the same reason you bench others. Coaching doesn't work that way...period. Players want consistency from coaches just like coaches want consistency from players. Not even going to talk about assistants at this point. Clay's problems start at the top first. Just praying any more players don't quit/leave at this point.
It's been awhile since anyone posted anything speaking ill of my family members on Topix so I must not have ruffled any feathers in the past few days either.

Just so it's clear, I think we should get rid of Mark and Glenn.
Didn't Richie bring Trey back to play at Clay??

You know something, I had never heard of Topix until December of last year!! lol So I checked it out. Won't go back. I could've lived another 65 years without seeing that disgusting site.
Granny Bear Wrote:Didn't Richie bring Trey back to play at Clay??

You know something, I had never heard of Topix until December of last year!! lol So I checked it out. Won't go back. I could've lived another 65 years without seeing that disgusting site.

When you have weak arguments you have to pander to the lowest common denominator.
If Glenn returns next year they will loose more players. How many players was on the bench against Jackson? Someone said 10 if that’s correct then something is definitely wrong with the head coach. Assistants don’t run kids off. I have never heard the head coach take any responsibility for a loss this year. His most used excuse was my team is young. Yes his team was young but only because he ran all the upperclassmen off. I’m afraid if Glenn stays we will have more years like this one.
Blitzz Wrote:If Glenn returns next year they will loose more players. How many players was on the bench against Jackson? Someone said 10 if that’s correct then something is definitely wrong with the head coach. Assistants don’t run kids off. I have never heard the head coach take any responsibility for a loss this year. His most used excuse was my team is young. Yes his team was young but only because he ran all the upperclassmen off. I’m afraid if Glenn stays we will have more years like this one.

If I was a parent and thinking of moving, his Hype Man throwing the kids under the bus on social media certainly would not make me want to stay even more.

It's going to be a constant struggle because the gauntlet in front of him keeps getting longer when the Hype Crew won't sit quiet and stay out of their own way long enough to let him rebuild any bridges.

If he thinks this year was rough, next year is probably worse unless something changes... well, unless transers, poor home attendance, less support, and what's already going on just make even more of the community give up and it gets to the point that no one cares-- then he can really coach with no pressure.
The fan support is on the verge of evaporating into thin air. I am still shocked Tiger Nation showed up as big as they did at OBI for the Jackson Co. game (Kudos Tiger Nation!!!). The die-hard Tiger fans are hurting right now (and that is a shame). To answer an earlier question from above...there were 12 TOTAL varsity players for Clay that night....TWELVE!!! Out of those 12 there were basically 6-7 that had any kind of varsity experience whatsoever. Had a better rotation of players been in place throughout the season (and no one transfers/quits), then I think we could have used DEFENSE to wear our opponents down. Instead, we walked the ball up the floor and played some of the worst 2-3 defense possible. No since in pressing either with lazy players. That just flusters the two or three that ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING defense. No sense of urgency from a few players, not valuing EVERY possession, griping (and even cursing) to a coach/assistant for being taken out of a game, etc... But Hey...WE'RE YOUNG! Children who are unwise will remain unwise unless TAUGHT by wise mentors. Will we be YOUNG also in 3-4 years??? Heck...will we even have 5 to put on the floor then.
Let’s just put this out there. Is Glenn Gray the best Clay can get for head coach or do the people making the decisions just not have a clue?
nedreader Wrote:Let’s just put this out there. Is Glenn Gray the best Clay can get for head coach or do the people making the decisions just not have a clue?

Neither.

That's a bit of an either/or fallacy.

Leibniz himself might be scratching his head.
Just found out some new info some may know but not I. I thought tigers had 5 coaches total, but wait hold on to ur knickers, they had 6 one was in the stands and went to locker room to help with adjustments.?.? Then goes back to stands.?.? Well, uh, uh I gues we can say with out a doubt his knowledge didn’t help. As I said thin the herd or maybe just maybe we add a few more stump and cut some player that may be the answer, who knows next year why not 7,8,9.........hummmmm. CLAY NEEDS A ..........NEW LEADERS. GO BIG ASSISTANTS