Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath Co. 2018
Can Coach Poynter keep Bath Co. moving forward?
The Wildcats return nearly everyone from the 2017 team that went 7-4 including 2,200 rusher Landan Swartz and 6’7” All Area Defensive End and Tight End Austin Reed. The Cats have 10 Seniors but all 10 started last season and many the past 2 seasons. Solid Junior and Sophomore classes combined with a large incoming freshman group should provide depth. Coach Poynter really got his squad playing physical last season and look for that to increase even more this year. The Cats could be the district favorite in 2018.
Bath should have one of the best defenses in district but they will need to invest in a playbook. They will not get back to 7-4 with the same 3 offensive plays.
This district has been woeful over the past several years.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:The Wildcats return nearly everyone from the 2017 team that went 7-4 including 2,200 rusher Landan Swartz and 6’7” All Area Defensive End and Tight End Austin Reed. The Cats have 10 Seniors but all 10 started last season and many the past 2 seasons. Solid Junior and Sophomore classes combined with a large incoming freshman group should provide depth. Coach Poynter really got his squad playing physical last season and look for that to increase even more this year. The Cats could be the district favorite in 2018.

Sounds like the potential for a big year in 2018
Johnny Poynter old school underrated coach, but runs up stats.
I like Johnny as a person....but question a lot of his coaching tactics.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I like Johnny as a person....but question a lot of his coaching tactics.

90% of coaches at one time or another have their "tactics" questioned by someone. Here's a story to sum up JP:

2015 1st year at Bath County. A son comes home from practice on Friday of the 1st week. Dad has been out of town on business and asks how practice is going with the new staff. Son replies "Dad, I may have learned more about football this week than I knew in my life before now. He knows what he is doing".
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:90% of coaches at one time or another have their "tactics" questioned by someone. Here's a story to sum up JP:

2015 1st year at Bath County. A son comes home from practice on Friday of the 1st week. Dad has been out of town on business and asks how practice is going with the new staff. Son replies "Dad, I may have learned more about football this week than I knew in my life before now. He knows what he is doing".

Like I said....he's a nice guy. I'm sure he's grown as a coach over the years. He's been a lot of places....Pike Central, Trimble, Bourbon. Experience is the great teacher
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:90% of coaches at one time or another have their "tactics" questioned by someone. Here's a story to sum up JP:

Gotta question who was teaching him about football all those years before that.......
Like him or not JP gets results everywhere he’s been including Trimble County. Man can coach
Malcolm Ex Wrote:Like him or not JP gets results everywhere he’s been including Trimble County. Man can coach

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...12_ZHSBgyp]