Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Lexington Catholic
FBfan4life Wrote:I'll beg to differ on that statement for 2 reason...
1. Freshman class/ team won the city Lexington, beating other city teams (for whatever that is worth).
2. It was just 3 season ago that they went on to the championship game. Though they lost to power Belry, but they made it.
3. I lied lol, 2 season ago, they played for the regional crown. Yes they lost to Lou Central.
4. I lied again, this past season they played for the regional again. Yes lost to Boyle Co.
So to say talent is down, I disagree. and if I may add, prior to those season I mentioned... hey went on to the state- semi's 5 straight years, only to loose to Highlands when they were winning "The Drive for Five" in a row.

In the past LC would have won those games, so it may not be as bad but I would say down somewhat. You just gave examples of losses in region.
If I'm LexCath then I'd be more worried about the defensive side of things. Offensively they are always going to have kids to put up points however way they go about it, but the times I've seen them over the last few years they better learn to become much more physical and stop people.
Pope Francis has been in touch with the school and it will be a catholic coach mark it down. No one mentioned except Chuck Smith is catholic.
Don't see Smith leaving where he is at. Loaded next couple of years.
I’m personally voting for TJ Maynard from Russell! I think he has just what you all need 😂😂😂😂😂😂
If any of you people think Chuck Smith would leave Boyle Co for anything other than the right college job you are delusional. 🙄
Anything new on this one? High profile opening with very little chatter.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Anything new on this one? High profile opening with very little chatter.

Unless they are already retired and/or have very few (if any) years into KTRS; I can't see any of the other obvious big names leaving to take this job.

To which I've gotten the response of "Well, why did Mark Perry take the job then?"

Mark Perry and Neal Brown are close friends. They played together at UK. I have to think (off what I'd been told by people who usually aren't exactly wrong in a lot of their info) that 1) Neal called LexCath to personally endorse Perry while Neal was the OC at UK & Perry the HC at Central Hardin (I don't think this; I KNOW this) and 2) Neal knew he was going to leave UK and make it somewhere & that he'd bring Mark with him when the chance presented itself.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Unless they are already retired and/or have very few (if any) years into KTRS; I can't see any of the other obvious big names leaving to take this job.

To which I've gotten the response of "Well, why did Mark Perry take the job then?"

Mark Perry and Neal Brown are close friends. They played together at UK. I have to think (off what I'd been told by people who usually aren't exactly wrong in a lot of their info) that 1) Neal called LexCath to personally endorse Perry while Neal was the OC at UK & Perry the HC at Central Hardin (I don't think this; I KNOW this) and 2) Neal knew he was going to leave UK and make it somewhere & that he'd bring Mark with him when the chance presented itself.

I could care less about all this who are the names being thrown around for hc at Lex cath. Perry and brown can be lovers for all I care.
Is Atchley a possibility. Or maybe a Paul Raines?
Malcolm Ex Wrote:I could care less about all this who are the names being thrown around for hc at Lex cath. Perry and brown can be lovers for all I care.

You good?
Malcolm Ex Wrote:I could care less about all this who are the names being thrown around for hc at Lex cath. Perry and brown can be lovers for all I care.

So why are you here and voicing your concern, reading post and writing comments on who the next coach is going to be.