Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UCLA 83 Kentucky 75
Quite possibly the most embarrassing loss for Cal.
This is only the second game I've actually watched this year.
Go ahead and send these guys to the D league. They are awful. I think I like the 2013 team better than these soft pansys
Is this the same UCLA team that just one player quit and two more suspended for the year ? :igiveup: :Sad04: :igiveup: :Sad04: :igiveup: :Sad04:
UK athletics is not having a good year. Just pathetic. Maybe if we only had some more freshmen.
pitiful effort but youngest team in country so we have an excuse. Should have plenty of experience next year as not seen any NBA lotto picks from this roster
I’m not totally ready to throw in the towel yet. We’ve only lost two games thus far and we have promise when we focus up and out some effort into defense.

But boy was this one bad for the home team. If we aren’t getting turnovers that lead to points then we don’t win games. We have no one to go and get us a bucket in the half court set. Knox has promise as well as Dialo to be big for us but we don’t play enough through them. PJ Washington, Nick Richards, Wenyen Gabriel, and Sasha give us nothing as big men. We can’t throw the ball to the post and expect a basket and that’s not good when facing good ball clubs.

And as for the freshman excuse, I’m tired of hearing Cal say that every time halftime reporters ask him what’s going on. This man is live and die by getting better players than everyone else and we just simply didn’t get that class this year. That’s just how the NCAA has become, and we didn’t win the recruiting trail this year. But if Cal has to coach a team to a victory and not just win off pure talent then it’s a toss up if we are going to win or not.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Only been to 4 final fours. He is embarrassing.
I think the coach could use zone defense more than he does Smile
E's Army Wrote:Only been to 4 final fours. He is embarrassing.
While i don’t say embarrassing sarcasm or not, considering the talent that has been through here, it does say a lot. X’s and O’s Cal is not. Spud above made a good point, if he has to coach to win instead of just our talent then it’s a toss up at best.
Using the youngest team in the country excuse can never be used in my opinion. It's the way calipari recruits and I don't see him ever winning another title doing it.
Send me your lotto numbers for Powerball
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Using the youngest team in the country excuse can never be used in my opinion. It's the way calipari recruits and I don't see him ever winning another title doing it.

I don’t think we won’t never win another title doing it. Next year if we get Zion Williamson then our chances are pretty high. Because I suspect everyone besides Knox and Dialo to be back next year.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I'm not ready to throw in the towel either, but this game ruined my day!!

If we got an "opportunity" to get a rebound, there were many times when we didn't even make a second shot. Just threw the ball in the direction of the basket. There was little blocking out. I mean NO fundamentals, IMO.

And good Lord!!!! We sure don't like the contact. I think that was what irritated me the most. We acted like scared little kids.

There is NO excuse. The average age is 19 years 3 months for our starting five. Well big deal!!! They are on scholarship for their basketball skills. I've had 5th and 6th grade girls that were better rebounders and free throw shooters!!
This is one of the most unentertaining Kentucky Teams I've watched in a long time. I know that they are young and should get a lot better. What concerns me is the lack of effort and team play. When they do look for another teammate it will be because they seem to think that it has to be a spectacular pass instead of the right one. To me, they are just too tentative and timid to play at this level.
One of the weakest schedules in the country for a suppose to be top notch program..... Right now we might be # 5 in the SEC, but it is early and a young team.... If he can turn this around than he is the best coach in the country....
Hardly ever watch anymore, used to be you would plan your whole day around a UK game, now it’s I might take a look if I’m not doing something else.
I really lost a lot of respect for Cal earlier this year when someone pointed out to him that with the great wingspans on this team, that playing more zone defense would seem to be a logical option. His reply was it doesn’t get them ready for the next level. What??? I was under the impression as Kentucky coach your top goal on the court should be doing whatever gives Kentucky the best chance of winning games. Like I said once before, I interact with the public every day in my job, and I’m telling you the average Joe is sick of the one and dones and the let’s see how many lottery picks we can develop, I hear it every single day.
Cal said a few years ago that his number one goal was to get his one and done’s ready for the NBA and NOT winning National titles....... That’s his sell to all the top players in the country and that’s what a lot of them and their families buy. I have Never liked the Calapari way of doing things myself, but most of the people I talk to are just satisfied that Ky is for the most part under Cal a top 10 or 15 team. I would Love to see Cal take his circus act to the NBA or some other school... I’ve been sick of watching a bunch of spoiled rotten baby freshmen for the most part play for our beloved program...