Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(5) Arizona State 76 Vanderbilt 64
TEMPE, Ariz. – History was made at Wells Fargo Arena on Sunday afternoon and more than 10,000 fans were in attendance to watch it.

In front of a large and loud crowd, No. 5 Arizona State proved it could win a different type of ballgame and secured its best start in program history with a determined 76-64 victory over visiting Vanderbilt.

"Well, I guess we can play a little defense too," said head coach Bobby Hurley after the historic win. "It was such a great feeling to coach that game, see us go on that second half run and hear the crowd roar like I haven't heard since I got here. I'm in amazement of what these guys do."

It was some amazing defense that allowed the Sun Devils (10-0) to stay in this one early despite a cold start offensively.

After trailing 13-0, Arizona State allowed just six points over the next 10 minutes to climb back into it. Ohio State transfer Mickey Mitchell got into the act with a steal and score at the 6:45 mark (marking his first bucket while wearing the maroon and gold), and the Sun Devils pulled within five at 19-14 when Tra Holder knocked down a pair of free throws on the next possession.

http://www.thesundevils.com/news/2017/12...rbilt.aspx
Bobby Hurley has gotten the Sun Devils on a roll.