Poll: Should it Rotate?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
9.26%
NO
90.74%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Tourny
-STATS- Wrote:Im going to NKU for College.
Sweet, Im up there all the time. My brother goes there and lives in Independance.
-STATS- Wrote:Im going to NKU for College.

Congrats, Stats...where do you live?
Arbys Man Wrote:They need to have some Tourney at Northern KY University to it balance out more.

And I heard that NKU is getting a new Arena, but it wont hold as many as Rupp would.
Arbys Man Wrote:They need to have some Tourney at Northern KY University to it balance out more.
Why???
That would not be central to anyone except northern Kentucky...IMO, that would be like having it at the Expo in Pikeville, just to balance it out more.

BTW, Here is seating info:
East KY EXPO......6500
EKU....................6500
Western.............7300
NKU...................9400
Freedom Hall.....18000
Rupp Arena.......23000
FOX SPORTS Wrote:BTW, Here is seating info:
East KY EXPO......6500
EKU....................6500
Western.............7300
NKU...................9400
Freedom Hall.....18000
Rupp Arena.......23000

Never would have thought that. I have been in there to a girls game and it didn't look that big.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Why???
That would not be central to anyone except northern Kentucky...IMO, that would be like having it at the Expo in Pikeville, just to balance it out more.
They have it out in Bowling Green so why not.
Just to be clear: I was referring to Freedom
Hall in Louisville as "being out of state" as
a jab at that city where Pitino coaches. I
was also being a bit sarcastic when I said,
"Where is Frankfort," as I knew Freedom
Hall was in Louisville and was playing a
part.
The central location at Rupp has proven, over the years, to be most successful in attendance and revenue. They have also proven that the majority of fans that attend the tournament and actually stay in lodging, dine out and spend the most money, come from the eastern part of the state, regardless of which teams are playing. All this drops off at other locations. Like anything else in life... it all comes down to money.
Arbys Man Wrote:They have it out in Bowling Green so why not.
I agree...let's rotate it.
Western...Northern...EXPO in Pikeville.
Actually, I believe the KHSAA bids the tournaments, boys and girls, and the high bidder that can accomodate with rooms and such gets it.