Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County @ Western
My tigers make the long haul up to Louisville in what should be a game of two differing styles. I have to say I think the tigers will come out and surprise western and get the playoff win. I heard clay rested a lot of starters against north laurel last week so they should be fresh and ready to play. Granted I know nothing about western and have never seen them play.
Western by 20...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Clay has some good athletes in Revis and Gilbert but Western will be too tough for the Tigers.

Western 42
Clay County 12
Western by 22
TIGERZ Wrote:My tigers make the long haul up to Louisville in what should be a game of two differing styles. I have to say I think the tigers will come out and surprise western and get the playoff win. I heard clay rested a lot of starters against north laurel last week so they should be fresh and ready to play. Granted I know nothing about western and have never seen them play.

What are the two differing styles? I assumed Clay County was a smash mouth team. Western gets under center, lines up in an i-formation and runs the ball down your throat. They're a solid team - well organized and will execute. I don't think your Tigers will put up much of a fight, honestly.
Have fun going to Western for November football game.
Western will run the ball quite often and pass when they need to. However, this could be a lot more interesting of a game than people believe. It's not like Clay County is traveling to Louisville to play Trinity. Western is good but in my opinion there are 3 better teams in the Tiger's district. However, if it isn't working, Clay County can't run the same play 90% of the time but simply in two different directions.

Western - 38
Clay County - 21
TIGERZ Wrote:My tigers make the long haul up to Louisville in what should be a game of two differing styles. I have to say I think the tigers will come out and surprise western and get the playoff win. I heard clay rested a lot of starters against north laurel last week so they should be fresh and ready to play. Granted I know nothing about western and have never seen them play.

Why would you rest players if they were healthy this late in the season? That one makes no sense at all. :please:
I've watched film on Western. If Clay County's defense can somehow stop Westerns big plays and control the clock with their run game, I believe Clay could pull off the upset.

If you know nothing about western and have never seen them play how do you know its two differing styles??? Even with the starters being "rested" from the North game (Still cant figure that one out), It's a long drive to Loserville from Manchester. You have to be a disciplined team to make that drive over there, remained focused and ready to play, in order to pull off that upset. Not knocking Clay co. -the only game I watched was them vs Middlesboro- but I don't think they have it in them to pull this one off. If the game was at CC I'd give them a chance, but I fear it's gonna be a long ride home for the men from Manchester.:igiveup:
Tough game for Clay on the road :popcorn:

Western 56
Clay County 06
Western by two scores.
Clay up against it, but I wish them the best.
I was told the combination of the playoff game the next week, meaningless game, and what happened to the Somerset player at north is probably the reason a couple of clay players sit out. no reason to get someone injured in a game that meant nothing. But everyone in corbin is right we shouldn't even go play this game.
What happened to the somerset player? And, with your last statement...... if you take “Corbin people” predicting you to lose to a team that’s 6-4 that’s a Long way away meaning you shouldn’t go, what’s that say about your season. You’re 2-8! I would love to see a mountain team beat anyone from Louisville. But it’s called being realistic. You don’t have to take it personal. We all get picked against to lose sometimes. And.... I’m pretty sure it’s just not your “Corbin people” predicting that. Anyone with a decent football mind would. You haven’t won a road game all year. Beat a horrible Middlesboro team by 1 etc.... not throwing shade towards CC, I have nothing against them. But they’re just not that good. What would make you think you will win this game honestly. Tell me why “manchester people” think they should “go”?
At this point...I am just thankful that Clay has more than one win AND has extended their season for the first time in a long time! IF Clay were to somehow pull out a "W" at Western, then we are overachievers. If not...At least we are pointing our ship in the right direction. With the classes that Clay has coming (if they continue to play), I certainly hope they can get out program's feet on solid ground. Best of luck to all mountain teams participating in playoff games tonight!
Speed is the difference in this one. Western rolls 35-7.
My only goal for Clay County is to play like they have nothing to lose; because they don't. Throw the ball around more than 7-8 times and use a variety of runs. It's the playoffs; if we're down two scores and it's 3rd and 14, throw the ball. Once again, there are 3 teams in District 6 better than Western. I understand that all of them beat Clay but on paper there's no reason this can't be a respectable game. Things like travel and a new scenery hopefully won't have too big of an impact but unfortunately they usually do with 15-18 year olds.
Clay's run game is as diversified as any around. Good luck to the mountain team in Louisville!!
Clay will be in for a shock at Western