Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan County at Breathitt County 10/6
The Cougars make the trip up to Jackson to take on the Bobcats Friday night.

Both teams come in 2-0 in district play. Morgan County comes in averaging 41 points a game and allowing 38 points a game.

Breathitt County comes in averaging 25 points a game...Allowing 50 points a game.

USA Today HSS Score Predictor: Breathitt County 42-30
Breathitt by 1
Morgan in a close one
Both teams can score, which ever team plays the better defense that night wins the game. Breathitt definitely has the home-field advantage but Morgan will have the best player on the field in Prater. I don't know if Breathitt's D has enough team speed to contain him. It's gonna be a tough task to go into Breathitt on senior night and get a W. Too close to call..
F.N.L. Wrote:Both teams can score, which ever team plays the better defense that night wins the game.

Turnovers and penalties will determine this one. NEITHER team has played defense competently all season. A fan of defense, these games are not watchable for me.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Going with Morgan County for some reason, want be surprised if Breathitt win also. :popcorn:

Morgan County 49
Breathitt County 48
I may travel over to watch this game. It's a big game in the District and should have a good idea after this game how things going to play out. Winner of this one will have to beat powell to take the district title.
Mule kicker Wrote:I may travel over to watch this game. It's a big game in the District and should have a good idea after this game how things going to play out. Winner of this one will have to beat powell to take the district title.

I agree. Powell is the team to beat in Dist. 7.
It will be an uphill battle for the Bobcats to slow Morgan's high powered offense down. If Morgan county's Michael Prater gets 15 or more touches in this one I like Morgan's chances. If Breathitt gets some turnovers they may have a chance. Another shootout. I'm going with Morgan 41 Breathitt 39.
Morgan County by a Touchdown.
Fighter09 Wrote:It will be an uphill battle for the Bobcats to slow Morgan's high powered offense down. If Morgan county's Michael Prater gets 15 or more touches in this one I like Morgan's chances. If Breathitt gets some turnovers they may have a chance. Another shootout. I'm going with Morgan 41 Breathitt 39.

I agree. Breathitt has struggled to stop the run all year. Breathitt's qb has a cannon. It may very well be another 6O-55 type game. Whoever gets the more stops on D will win this game. This game will come down to two decisive factors. 1 Breathitt's run defense vs. Prater and 2 Morgan's pass defense vs Stacy. Morgan will have the best athlete on the field but it's going to be a hostile environment over there in Jackson now that Breathitt has actually won a couple and both teams 2-0 in the district. Game of the week IMO.
Breathitt by score of 49-7
hchs fan Wrote:Breathitt by score of 49-7

I'm sorry bud, Breathitt wont hold anybody to 7 points. Not trying to insult, it's just a fact.
I like Breathitt at Home in a tight game. If they can contain the back from Morgan they win, setting up a District title game with Powell.
I'm going with Morgan County. They were the only school we played in high school that had students equivalent to our school's Branhams Creekers.
hchs fan Wrote:Breathitt by score of 49-7

Breathitt may put up 49, but no way that defense is holding Morgan county to 7 points.
Westside Wrote:I'm going with Morgan County. They were the only school we played in high school that had students equivalent to our school's Branhams Creekers.

What's that mean?
Fighter09 Wrote:What's that mean?

Their school reminded me a lot of my school.
Morgan by 7
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Breathitt County - 48

Morgan County - 34
Breathitt 36 Morgan 26
Bobcats 34-24
Bobcats by 7