Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle 2017
Lost both varsity QBs and a very experienced team.

I think Lovell will be the qb and Payne the TB.

We have a pretty decent sized line back and should be pretty physical.

Wayne is the team to beat in the district and not sure what to think about Knox, big and disappointing last year when they played here.
Clay and Russel will have to be improved.
this Will be tough Times in Parkey Land . this year.
I think this team will be better then some think. Defence will be key. Lots of holes to fill. Going to have alot of players going both ways
Aug 25, 17 Lincoln County home 7:30 PM
Sep 1, 17 Whitley County home 7:30 PM
Sep 8, 17 Woodford County home 7:30 PM
Sep 15, 17 Harrison County away 7:30 PM
Sep 22, 17 Somerset away 7:30 PM
Sep 29, 17 Wayne County away 7:30 PM
Oct 6, 17 Russell County home 7:30 PM
Oct 13, 17 Clay County home 7:30 PM
Oct 20, 17 Knox Central away 7:30 PM
Oct 27, 17 Garrard County away 7:30 PM
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I think this team will be better then some think. Defence will be key. Lots of holes to fill. Going to have alot of players going both ways

they will Be next to Last in Dist this Year
Id be willing to take that bet. Rock does return its two leading rushers from the last two seasons along with majority of last years line. Wayne and knox will be tough, but clay and Russell wont beat them next year
diceman Wrote:Lost both varsity QBs and a very experienced team.

Wayne is the team to beat in the district and not sure what to think about Knox, big and disappointing last year when they played here.

Dont forget Holdin Barnett. Big back who lead the team in rushing last year
Rock will be just fine this year. This group of seniors has grit and they have hit the weights hard this off season. Iron sharpens iron
Did good at 7-7 at south.
Anyone go to rock/Franklin county scrimmage. Saw some one say rock won but does anyone have any details
They looked good on D but it took a while b4 the O got rollin but they are a legit tough team this year im looking foward to it
diceman Wrote:Lost both varsity QBs and a very experienced team.

How many starters return?
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Id be willing to take that bet. Rock does return its two leading rushers from the last two seasons along with majority of last years line. Wayne and knox will be tough, but clay and Russell wont beat them next year

Yeah. I expect them to be at least top 3.
rustyankle Wrote:Rock will be just fine this year. This group of seniors has grit and they have hit the weights hard this off season. Iron sharpens iron

that is definitely where it's at.
Might get to catch a game later in the season. If not, I'll be listening online. Good Luck to the Rock boys!
I got family in rockcastle I would love to see them done well. They lose a lot but still have good players.
pjdoug Wrote:How many starters return?
Return Majority of the line, as well as 2015 Leading rusher Brent Lovell who is now playing QB and 2016 leading rusher Holden Barnett. Jayden Payne started to play a key roll last season and will probable take a good chunk of the load this season. Biggest question mark will be WR and the entire defensive secondary