Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Top 8 Week # 2
8. Prestonsburg - Good wins over Belfry & Pike Central

7. Magoffin County (4-2) - Lopsided wins over Pike Central, B. Layne, and Allen Central. Tough district loss to Paintsville.

6. East Ridge (2-3) - I like this group, experienced and could really come on despite losing close games during a tough stretch of the schedule.

5. Lawrence County (3-2) - Big win over E. Ridge !!! Could be a strong contender for title !!

4. Johnson Central (2-1) - Large group of returning players, district title expectations!!

3. Paintsville (2-0) - Solid pitching performance & good defense has this team off to a good start.

2. Pikeville (2-0) - The program continues to roll !! under Coach Cole. Lawson pitching well.

1. Shelby Valley (1-0) - The defending champs will remain in this spot until someone knocks them off. Stanely could have "breakout" season.
BondJamesBond Wrote:8. Prestonsburg - Good wins over Belfry & Pike Central

7. Magoffin County (4-2) - Lopsided wins over Pike Central, B. Layne, and Allen Central. Tough district loss to Paintsville.

6. East Ridge (2-3) - I like this group, experienced and could really come on despite losing close games during a tough stretch of the schedule.

5. Lawrence County (3-2) - Big win over E. Ridge !!! Could be a strong contender for title !!

4. Johnson Central (2-1) - Large group of returning players, district title expectations!!

3. Paintsville (2-0) - Solid pitching performance & good defense has this team off to a good start.

2. Pikeville (2-0) - The program continues to roll !! under Coach Cole. Lawson pitching well.

1. Shelby Valley (1-0) - The defending champs will remain in this spot until someone knocks them off. Stanely could have "breakout" season.

Pikeville is 3-1, they lost to Jenkins.
BondJamesBond Wrote:8. Prestonsburg - Good wins over Belfry & Pike Central

Looks good
Looks like your right on it.
thats good! i agee!
Looks good
the riherds scoreboard has lawrence county ranked #1 in the 15th region at 5-5.the 5 losses all came to regional contenders.lc has the toughest schedule of any team in the 15th.lc took 1 day off during spring break and will only be taking off sundays from here on out.this is a team and coaching staff dedicated to the 2007 season.their hard schedule and work ethic will pay huge dividends come tournament time.they are already a well seasoned team that played their last 5 games in 20 degree weather.that is pure heart.
Prestonsburg did defeat Belfry pretty good, however wasn't such a great win over PC. They only won by one...

However, you know what they say, any win is a good win.

Your list looks good Bond.
15th.Region.Fan Wrote:Prestonsburg did defeat Belfry pretty good, however wasn't such a great win over PC. They only won by one...

However, you know what they say, any win is a good win.

Your list looks good Bond.

man, belfry sucks as softball..pikevilel killed em 2...i always new belfry was a football ONLY school. lol
dawgbyte02 Wrote:the riherds scoreboard has lawrence county ranked #1 in the 15th region at 5-5.the 5 losses all came to regional contenders.lc has the toughest schedule of any team in the 15th.lc took 1 day off during spring break and will only be taking off sundays from here on out.this is a team and coaching staff dedicated to the 2007 season.their hard schedule and work ethic will pay huge dividends come tournament time.they are already a well seasoned team that played their last 5 games in 20 degree weather.that is pure heart.
Riherd's ranks teams according to the most wins. if SCHS was 6-11 right now, they would be ranked #1.
Where did they play in 20 degree weather?
KyGators10 Wrote:man, belfry sucks as softball..pikevilel killed em 2...i always new belfry was a football ONLY school. lol

Football only? Lot of district & region titles from other sports. Pikeville beat them 11-7 and they gave the game away against Pburg before extra innings.
dickson,tn about 40 miles south of nashville.over 20 teams in this tourney.it was 27 degree's when we left the field friday night and 21 degree's when we took the field at 9:00 sat. morning.twenty mile an hour winds the whole time.extremly tough conditions to play sofball in.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:dickson,tn about 40 miles south of nashville.over 20 teams in this tourney.it was 27 degree's when we left the field friday night and 21 degree's when we took the field at 9:00 sat. morning.twenty mile an hour winds the whole time.extremly tough conditions to play sofball in.
brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
Extreme indeed!
dawgbyte02 Wrote:the riherds scoreboard has lawrence county ranked #1 in the 15th region at 5-5.the 5 losses all came to regional contenders.lc has the toughest schedule of any team in the 15th.lc took 1 day off during spring break and will only be taking off sundays from here on out.this is a team and coaching staff dedicated to the 2007 season.their hard schedule and work ethic will pay huge dividends come tournament time.they are already a well seasoned team that played their last 5 games in 20 degree weather.that is pure heart.

I would check Johnson Central's and Shelby Valley's schedule before making this arguement. Johnson Central just returned from Florida, and both of these teams are playing in Frankfort, and SV is heading back to London to play in the Lowe's Classic. I just looked at both of their schedules, and I don't think LC is playing Defending State Champion Ryle (who returns all but one starter), Scott County, Estill County, or some of the other state's top teams! Granted, LC is definitely playing a tougher schedule than last year, but not the toughest in the 15th.