Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville '87 vs THE WORLD!!!
Beef Wrote:Watch it you too....don't say something that could get you in trouble. The laws of the world apply here too even though you are behind a computer screen.
Sorry Beef
To be honest... I think that fighting over this thread is ridiculous. The "vs THE WORLD" title was probably moreso to get your attention and to be "cute" more than anything. I HIGHLY doubt this person thought that 1987 Pikeville Football could take on "the world". They were just over-emphasizing the greatness of that team, people do it all the time. There's nothing wrong with being a little conceited once in awhile, and that really isn't even what this person was doing. I think it was meant as a light joke and everyone has taken it all out of context.

That is all.
twentythree Wrote:To be honest... I think that fighting over this thread is ridiculous. The "vs THE WORLD" title was probably moreso to get your attention and to be "cute" more than anything. I HIGHLY doubt this person thought that 1987 Pikeville Football could take on "the world". They were just over-emphasizing the greatness of that team, people do it all the time. There's nothing wrong with being a little conceited once in awhile, and that really isn't even what this person was doing. I think it was meant as a light joke and everyone has taken it all out of context.

That is all.
It took almost a week but someone finally got it. Thank you.
I do what I can! It had been a week since I'd been here or I woulda helped you out sooner! :thumpsup:
Mr. Right Wrote:You know, maybe the '87 Pikeville team would beat all of the other teams mentioned. And then again, maybe they wouldn't.

I do know a few facts about the Panthers '87 team and a few facts about some of the others, and I know these things for certain:

1. Athletes have gotten bigger, stronger, and faster nationwide since '87.
2. Pikeville '87 didn't have an athlete to match Jones or Howard.
3. Pikeville fans will never admit that.
4. You'd never convince anyone from PHS that the '87 team can be beaten.
5. Humility is absent from Pikeville High School dictionaries.
6. You can't finish 3rd in the KY format, so the BHS team PHS beat didn't.
7. Belfry has beaten Pikeville 5 times in a row.
8. But that doesn't compare to the consecutive times they have lost to NKY.
9. Pikeville is NKY's whipping boy.
10. They are also Belfry's whipping boy.

#2 is kinda CRAZY Greg Hackney was retartedly good!! He was #2 in the Mr.Football rankings!! IMO I would take Greg, and Bobby over David and Doug; not taking anything away from them but greg, and Bobby were in a different league.
bobstoopsfan Wrote:#2 is kinda CRAZY Greg Hackney was retartedly good!! He was #2 in the Mr.Football rankings!! IMO I would take Greg, and Bobby over David and Doug; not taking anything away from them but greg, and Bobby were in a different league.

Its a matter of opinion, I guess, and I respectfully disagree.
I think that all four were great players and did a lot for Eastern Kentucky High School Football. I had the chance to watch both sets of players and they put Pike County football on the map in the State of Kentucky. It would have been great to watch these two teams play, but we will never have that chance. I do feel as if the two were more equal than better than the other.

:thumpsup: :Cheerlead
Pirate Pal Wrote:Was this the team with a lot of "newbies" from different areas playing on it. I seem to remember a Pikeville team that had a lot of new talent come there all at once..

I think a "newbie" got you all a couple of state championships too.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I think that all four were great players and did a lot for Eastern Kentucky High School Football. I had the chance to watch both sets of players and they put Pike County football on the map in the State of Kentucky. It would have been great to watch these two teams play, but we will never have that chance. I do feel as if the two were more equal than better than the other.

:thumpsup: :Cheerlead

Are you saying that you think they were equal or that one group was better than the other?
Mr. Right Wrote:Are you saying that you think they were equal or that one group was better than the other?
Sounds pretty self explanatory to me they think the 2 back fields in question are equal. I have 2 questions for you.
Where did you go to school and did they offer english?:thatsfunn
PantherPride68 Wrote:Sounds pretty self explanatory to me they think the 2 back fields in question are equal. I have 2 questions for you.
Where did you go to school and did they offer english?:thatsfunn

You think that is worded correctly, jackass?

If so, tell me what this spells......FAHQ.
Mr. Right Wrote:You think that is worded correctly, jackass?

If so, tell me what this spells......FAHQ.
:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn
Tell us professor how it should be worded. I guess in your case we should use pictures LOL!
PantherPride68 Wrote::thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn
Tell us professor how it should be worded. I guess in your case we should use pictures LOL!

I prefer Hukd Awn Foniks.:moon:
Stay on Topic! I think they were more equal.
does anyone have a schedule from the '87 Pikeville team or some stats??
Pikeville 87 was ranked #20 in the nation that year by USA today i was part of it the Big Dawg Defense.
Only one Deramus and Greg Hackney, probably the best team that I ever coached against. They could have beaten some small colleges!
BurntTires Wrote:Is this the Pikeville team that had the Deramus brothers?
The year before that they were 2A and came in 2nd in state in the 2A division I thought that was impresive
99 Lawrence Co 42 87 pikeville 28
We scrimmaged Pikeville in 85 and 86. They were really good for a A school. But they were not overwhelming.
Old school Dawg Wrote:99 Lawrence Co 42 87 pikeville 28
Lawrence Co. was great in the 90's, but I dont think one of their teams could have beaten Pikeville...9 outta 10 times they would lose, the most they could possibly have beaten them by is 3 or less, no chance they would beat them by 2 touchdowns IMO
I love the humility of people from Pikeville, as they are so humble and kind.

The first Belfry state title team would beat them. As would -

2002-
Trinity
Male
Breathitt

I'm sure one of the Boyle Co. teams could.

As could Ft. Thomas with the Throwboy and company.
In the world huh?

I say:
1975 Pittsburg Steelers 200
1987 Pikeville 0

Jack Lambert would devour Deramus and Hackney and the whole town of Pikeville. :baldbull:
FBALL Wrote:We scrimmaged Pikeville in 85 and 86. They were really good for a A school. But they were not overwhelming.

The title says 1987 vs world not 1985 or 86.
NEXT Wrote:I love the humility of people from Pikeville, as they are so humble and kind.

The first Belfry state title team would beat them. As would -

2002-
Trinity
Male
Breathitt

I'm sure one of the Boyle Co. teams could.

As could Ft. Thomas with the Throwboy and company.

These are all great teams Next. I just wish you would watch some film on them and then say what you just said. I watched them the other day and then watched the Belfry state title game. Backs are very similar( but I still say Deramus and Hackney are way better cause they absolutely punished you) unlike Jones and Howard but the line play is what is such a mismatch.
Old school Dawg Wrote:99 Lawrence Co 42 87 pikeville 28

Smile Smile They didn't even win state.
Sorry can someone combine all these.
This thread is a year old.
Can't we find something fresh to talk about???