Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 70 South Floyd 31
Noone had posted the final as a thread so there ya go.
31 points for South Floyd?...I thought they were known as a team who runs and guns and shoots lots of threes...Usually they will let you shoot it so they can get back down the floor and get up some shots themselves....Did they just have a bad night shooting or have they just threw in the towel already?...I know they have 3 really good shooter, 2 of which are excellent players....I asked if they have thrown in the towel already because I have seen where they have been blown out the last few nights
Another win for valley.
I guess this is more of what they were wanting when I said SV owned SF?
Congrats Valley
Congrats to Shelby Valley, keep it up!!
way to go valley keep it up
Fred_Samford Wrote:31 points for South Floyd?...I thought they were known as a team who runs and guns and shoots lots of threes...Usually they will let you shoot it so they can get back down the floor and get up some shots themselves....Did they just have a bad night shooting or have they just threw in the towel already?...I know they have 3 really good shooter, 2 of which are excellent players....I asked if they have thrown in the towel already because I have seen where they have been blown out the last few nights

Not so Fred, correct me should I be wrong but didnt the just beat Betsy Layne? Shelby Valley has played pretty well all season long. SF may have just had (like many teams right now making up games) an off night due to fatigue because of playing more games in a shorter period of time. I was not at the game so I can't say with any cretainty. Congrats once again Wildcats on the win.
Congrats Valley.
Thunder u r right SF had no legs hardly playin 4 games in 5 days...and yes they had a off shooting night
Congrats Valley
congrats sv
it doesnt matter how off their shooting was ........they still had no excuse to lose by 39 points....good teams find other ways to win ...and a blowout like this isnt only b/c of shooting problems...its lack of defense and the whole 9 yards....so quit trying to find excuses and realize that valley dominated and theres nothing u can do or say thats going to make it any better....good job guys keep it up...
Whoa, congrats SV.
well spalding....who is makein excuses i know Valley is better than SF but noy 39 pts. better.....SF was fatigued from playin 4 games in 5 days and how many did Valley play this week 1....
Love it, and not surprised. 8 years without beating Shelby Valley now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fred_Samford Wrote:31 points for South Floyd?...I thought they were known as a team who runs and guns and shoots lots of threes...Usually they will let you shoot it so they can get back down the floor and get up some shots themselves....Did they just have a bad night shooting or have they just threw in the towel already?...I know they have 3 really good shooter, 2 of which are excellent players....I asked if they have thrown in the towel already because I have seen where they have been blown out the last few nights

I think it was called Valley D. The best defensive team in the 15th shut down the Raiders. But on the up side for SF, just remember the time SV came in to Mt Raider as a dominate Region favorite beat you by 60+, you went on to the Region at Valley and made the trip to Rupp.
It has been 7 straight that Valley has won over the Raiders and the disaster back in 2001 or whatever which was awful for SF. Three of those seven games have been by 5 points, 3points and then the 2 point loss at the foul line last year. The way Valley looks to me and maybe I don't know alot about the game, they will tack on a few of those streaks on people in the 15th for about four year's worth. Their press is a good one and once it is broken the first open look is usually taken whether it is a good shot or not. People can say alot of things about some of the other teams in the region but this team is the one to beat in getting to Rupp. The one bright spot is that in tournament play nothing is a given and upsets do happen. I would have never dreamed that the team that wrecked the Raiders in the early 2000's could have been beaten on their home floor.
Yea I know that SV is much much better than SF...I was just asking because they usually score more than 31 points...As many threes as they usually hit this is unlike them...Johnny you are absolutely right SV does play the best defense that I've seen in a while....This bunch really gets after it...I like to watch them play...Fatigue really is a problem too for shooters...If you have no legs its hard to shoot...But like you said the credit goes to Valley and that tough D they play
If you can't get the ball up the floor you can't shoot it...
i thought ethan johnson would score 31 himself...
ahhh well Congrats SV
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:i thought ethan johnson would score 31 himself...
ahhh well Congrats SV

Yes I thought so also. His name should not be mentioned in the POY thread!
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:i thought ethan johnson would score 31 himself...
ahhh well Congrats SV
Did you really? He is pretty good but he just gets to put up alot of shots because he plays on a below average team.
hes awful
Larry Legend Wrote:Did you really? He is pretty good but he just gets to put up alot of shots because he plays on a below average team.

With the hype this guy gets it seems as thought he should get 30 every game. He sounds very overrated IMO!