Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 71 Clay County 63
Final.
Hard fought game South hit some big shots every time clay seemed to make a run.
The biggest problem for Clay last night, in my opinion, was Grubb. He is a very good player. He decided to take the game over in the second half and Clay couldn't stop him. South also plays very good defense. It was a very physical game and I thought that worked in favor of South. Every time Clay threw it inside they scored. Clays bigs dominated the entire game. Clay fought hard but South was just too much.
South must of pressed. :yikes:
I am still shocked coach Gray didnt get t'd up during his rant. I was kinda laughing, the ref must thought it was funny too.
I was shocked too. It sure looked bad. The ref didn't even flinch. I didn't hear what he said but it must not have been that bad. I would have t'd him up just for the way it played out.
I was personally glad they didnt T him up. If they had probably really got crowd going and fired clay up even more.
I think that was what he wanted to happen.
Sams kid and gabbard had big games for clay, grubb dominated for south. south was just too much. South coach gets my vote for coach of the year in the 13th. Everything gray would throw at him he countered. He ate the zone up in the second half by places his young shooters in the corners and a man in the middle to facilitate. Clay couldn't guard zone or man. Never realized how slow clay was until tonight.