Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pburg at Allen Central on 2-15-07
AC by 8
Like all games it just depends on whos hot tonight. If both are shooting well from the outside the inside game will the difference, and with the way Patton and Stephens have improved as the season has progressed I have to give the nudge to P'burg. But as we have no idea how the shooting will go I'll have to give AC the edge.
jammin' jamey Wrote:A little curiosity on my part this morning led me to find this statistic...

Allen Central has improved for 13 more wins this season than last. That improvement is 2nd biggest turnaround in the state this season so far. Only Breathitt County has had a better turnaround, improving for 16 more wins this season than last. Here's a small list below:

Breathitt Co. 20-3/16+ wins from last season
Allen Central 18-5/13+ wins from last season
Wayne Co., Evangel Christian and Bethlehem each have 9+ wins from last season
I think alot goes into that JJ. Allen Central has the same coach that I believe is one of the best in the state and they were not very good last year record wise. They lost alot of close games last year and they have most of their players back this season. They know how it is to have a bad season and what it takes to win and how much better the wins feel than losses. I don't think they care who scores for them and it shows when they play.
I have only seen Allen Central play a few times this season, but they have looked good in those games. Josh Martin is one of the most improved players in the region, and Alex Hammonds and Ryan Collins are a good guard combo, with Tyler Slone being a good compliment. What a turnaround the Rebels have had this season, and I look for it to continue against Prestonsburg. Rebels by 10+.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I have only seen Allen Central play a few times this season, but they have looked good in those games. Josh Martin is one of the most improved players in the region, and Alex Hammonds and Ryan Collins are a good guard combo, with Tyler Slone being a good compliment. What a turnaround the Rebels have had this season, and I look for it to continue against Prestonsburg. Rebels by 10+.

3 more points and you would have had it right.