Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Academy 56, McCracken County 14
Final
Pulaski Academy's just on another level. This game will make McCracken better in the long run. Kudo's for playing a team of that caliber. Sometimes a humbling game brings a team back to reality and will make them hungrier and work that much harder. Hope that's what happens here..
I really don't know how taking a whipping like that can help. Unless you meant by helping the coach lose his job. Large expectations going into this year and they are not materializing. That plus the fact that he tried to pull a slick, slip out in the dark, type withdraw from the Stangs in the offseason, may spell doom for the second year coach.
They should have played this game on a Saturday night.
MC would have collected a huge gate-
mysonis55 Wrote:I really don't know how taking a whipping like that can help. Unless you meant by helping the coach lose his job. Large expectations going into this year and they are not materializing. That plus the fact that he tried to pull a slick, slip out in the dark, type withdraw from the Stangs in the offseason, may spell doom for the second year coach.

I agree, I think its a demoralizing loss that will hurt morale. I'm sure they just chalked up the Mayfield game as a bad start, and had some confidence since they come back in the end. Even though I think Bright going down, and players getting winded had a little to do with the comeback I'm sure mccracken doesn't feel that way, and I'm sure the coach was telling his players that mccracken was better than mayfield just started slow, and he probably can get his team to believe that now they just got whipped again all game long, so you can't make an excuse. Pulaski academy is really good I'm sure, but there are 6a teams in kentucky that are likely better, so deep down mccracken knows they can't run with the big boys of 6a, and if you don't believe deep down that you are good enough you don't have a chance. Add in the scrimmage beat down to Trinity, plus they will play Bowling Green who Will thrash them, and I think they won't have much confidence going into the playoffs. Would love to be wrong and see mccracken make a run, and would gladly eat crow if they proved me wrong. Where is Jackson purchase by the way, he is a perfect example of someone that morale is low now as he is Mia.
It's amazing how quiet he has gotten. Just over a week ago, he was on her proclaiming that McCracken was gonna make teams not want to play them anymore. That and that they were no pseudo 6a team. Now, -------, yep that quiet.