Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campbell Co 24 Highlands 21
Said it last year and I'll say it this year. Athletes down? You play you're best both ways.
bo67 Wrote:Said it last year and I'll say it this year. Athletes down? You play you're best both ways.

Is that not what people said last year? Then you get some yahoos that think they know what the program does or does not have. You have a kid playing 3rd or 4th team running back that could help on either line or both and he refuses to change positions. Same can be said for the supposed backup QB. I heard that the JV played game on Saturday and only had 3 offensive lineman. They had 3 running backs in on every play and two had to play offensive tackle with a rotations of 2 plays at tackle and one play at running back.

Same type stuff happened last year where you had kids that would have helped on the other side of the ball than what they were on and yet kids were put on the field that had no business being in a high school football games at the varsity level.

A coach was quoted as saying it would not take them 6 weeks to get things figured out this year. All coach speak.
If you coached. Would you make them switch to help the team? Who runs the team? The coach or the players? Can they refuse to run sprints or quickness drills?
:popcorn:
bo67 Wrote:If you coached. Would you make them switch to help the team? Who runs the team? The coach or the players? Can they refuse to run sprints or quickness drills?

If coaching, I make the change and if they do not like it then they can turn their gear in. These are just some examples of the issues currently residing in the program.
I'm amazed, especially at everyone talking "play players both ways."

Don't they still have over 100 players? With that many kids, if you can't find good enough players that you don't need to play kids both ways, you have a problem.

I guess all of that garbage about "the feeder program is the heart of Highlands football" is just bs and the entire program was just Dale, not the kids or anything.

Sad that the pride of Fort Thomas was a lie and now looks to be over.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:I'm amazed, especially at everyone talking "play players both ways."

Don't they still have over 100 players? With that many kids, if you can't find good enough players that you don't need to play kids both ways, you have a problem.

I guess all of that garbage about "the feeder program is the heart of Highlands football" is just bs and the entire program was just Dale, not the kids or anything.

I don't think your really getting an accurate representation of Highlands supporters on this website. Probably not best to generalize the amount of Highlands pride based on comments coming from this website.

Also, there is a difference between lack of pride, and disappointment with the current season.
BFritz Wrote:I'm amazed, especially at everyone talking "play players both ways."

Absolutely clueless. Take your hatred elsewhere. Maybe your CovCath boys will finally get the monkey off their backs this year. I am sure many of the faithful in Park Hills would like to have won a state championship within the last 2 years and would have loved to get to the semi-finals in another.
mantax Wrote:Absolutely clueless. Take your hatred elsewhere. Maybe your CovCath boys will finally get the monkey off their backs this year. I am sure many of the faithful in Park Hills would like to have won a state championship within the last 2 years and would have loved to get to the semi-finals in another.

Another Cov Cath guy? :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
LaFlamaBlanca Wrote:I don't think your really getting an accurate representation of Highlands supporters on this website. Probably not best to generalize the amount of Highlands pride based on comments coming from this website.

Also, there is a difference between lack of pride, and disappointment with the current season.
I wasn't referring to this website; I was actually referring to BGP and everyone else in Northern Kentucky who supports Highlands.
mantax Wrote:Absolutely clueless. Take your hatred elsewhere. Maybe your CovCath boys will finally get the monkey off their backs this year. I am sure many of the faithful in Park Hills would like to have won a state championship within the last 2 years and would have loved to get to the semi-finals in another.

lol!!!!!!!

Call me absolutely clueless but offer no explanation or examples for what I'm clueless about!

He did that with the players that Dale had already coached up and had in his system! Now, this guy has to do it on his own and coach players up himself and he can't do it!

But good job in bringing CCH into it when I didn't even mention them!
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I agree about the coaching. But the talent level is down. Out of those 100. About 50 won't ever see the field during their high school years. That's why people are bringing up both ways. They will return. But they won't ever go on a streak like they had. It's going to take a class of good athletes to win state again. They will not be coached to state.
Let me address the 100 players on the team. You have kids that just want to be part of a successful program. Kids that weren't very good in the so called feeder league. And very few will ever be. I said 50 won't see the field. If they do it won't be much. Maybe kick off and kick off return. It was said that kids on offense that would help the defense won't move. And kids on defense that might help the offense. And won't move. These are 2nd and 3rd string guys. That is a true statement. That's why I have brought up both ways. If I was coach. I'd say fine. Stay where you are. And sub every once in a while to give small breaks to the kids going both ways. That's the only way you'll play if you won't switch for the best of the team
bo67 Wrote:I agree about the coaching. But the talent level is down. Out of those 100. About 50 won't ever see the field during their high school years. That's why people are bringing up both ways. They will return. But they won't ever go on a streak like they had. It's going to take a class of good athletes to win state again. They will not be coached to state.

I am hesitant to say the will never go on a streak again like they had in the past because you never know. That being said, how many teams will EVER go on a streak like Highlands just had?

Just give it time. They will be back to championship form before long. I think this "down" period is magnified due to the long stretch of exceptional teams they just had.
This isn't Cow Paddy High School. This is Highlands. I know for a fact that parents complain why THEIR kids aren't playing more. But with the success they've had prior to last year and this year. The parents didn't have much they could do about it. But now it's a different story. People in Ft Thomas won't put up with this. They've had down years before. Due to pressure coaches have been sent packing. It better turn around quickly.
bo67 Wrote:This isn't Cow Paddy High School. This is Highlands. I know for a fact that parents complain why THEIR kids aren't playing more. But with the success they've had prior to last year and this year. The parents didn't have much they could do about it. But now it's a different story. People in Ft Thomas won't put up with this. They've had down years before. Due to pressure coaches have been sent packing. It better turn around quickly.

Now you're just sounding like an unpaid intern at TMZ.