Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Year's Eve Dropping of the Ball
In New York City, on New Years Eve, they drop the ball at midnight, but what do the other time zones do at midnight? Is there things like the ball in New York in various other cities in the country???

Random thought, but just curious.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Did they drop a ball this year. I don't remember anything past 10:30, it was a bad night. haha
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
I know some countries shoot fireworks.

I don't think other cities has a ball drop like New York if they have one at all. They probably just shoot fireworks and stuff. The different time zones across the U.S. isn't really any different than the ones over the world.
BFritz Wrote:In New York City, on New Years Eve, they drop the ball at midnight, but what do the other time zones do at midnight? Is there things like the ball in New York in various other cities in the country???

Random thought, but just curious.
You have made me curious also
baseballfan Wrote:You have made me curious also

I'm thinking that maybe because the other parts of the country get the same channels, they just watch the ball drop and maybe celebrate it as their new years because they're unoriginal pricks.......... just a thoughtTongueirateSho

Smile
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I've heard of a few variations.

Know of 2 in VA : up in Winchester, they drop an 800 pound lighted apple; in Fredericksburg, a pear.

Down in NC, Mount Olive drops a 3 foot (plastic) pickle (at the corner of Cucumber & Vine, no less) ... at 7 pm local (midnight GMT).

In Atlanta, they drop an 800-pound (fiberglass) peach.
VHSL-helper Wrote:I've heard of a few variations.

Know of 2 in VA : up in Winchester, they drop an 800 pound lighted apple; in Fredericksburg, a pear.

Down in NC, Mount Olive drops a 3 foot (plastic) pickle (at the corner of Cucumber & Vine, no less) ... at 7 pm local (midnight GMT).

But those are all the same time zone as New York City.......
I didn't get to watch the ball drop this year because I was in a different time zone and they show it at 11 PM there and I didn't realize that so I missed it Sad

It's so weird because at my house we always shoot fireworks at midnight but I spent my New Years in Western Kentucky in Hart County this year and the law would be called if they were to shoot fireworks. I was so sad about it lol.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
you asked for it ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_obj...ar%27s_Eve
VHSL-helper Wrote:you asked for it ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_obj...ar%27s_Eve

Fair enough...........

WOW!