Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Fraley to Powell County
Heard through the grapevine that Dave Fraley will the next head coach at Powell county. Heard it was a done deal. This is the same Dave Fraley that was at Knott Centeal several years ago
Now why would Dave Fraley go to Powell county after his son just got named the coach at Pulaski County? And he's helping him out? And his grandson will be a freshman there? Makes no sense to me. I don't buy this for a minute
MONEY!!!
He might be driving a new Challenger to practice lol
The local car dealer I'm sure is pushing this hard. Coach Fraley better head the recruiting trail hard though if he is wants to compete in the region.
From what I have heard, Coach Fraley maybe in his 70's or 80's but he's still very energetic.

Powell County has $$$ to get whoever they want but most of the big name coaches like Josh Cook, Scott Hundley, Brandon Salsman, Scott Chalk and the rest of them, want state titles, Fraley has done that. It would honestly be hard for Powell County (not knocking them or anything) to win a state title because the schools in the 56th district don't have the horses to run with those big name schools, heck it's even hard for anyone that wins the 14th to make it to the second round of the state tourney
He also Started his Basketball coaching career at Powell.
I am hearing its a done deal - he has accepted job
Strikeout King Wrote:From what I have heard, Coach Fraley maybe in his 70's or 80's but he's still very energetic.

Powell County has $$$ to get whoever they want but most of the big name coaches like Josh Cook, Scott Hundley, Brandon Salsman, Scott Chalk and the rest of them, want state titles, Fraley has done that. It would honestly be hard for Powell County (not knocking them or anything) to win a state title because the schools in the 56th district don't have the horses to run with those big name schools, heck it's even hard for anyone that wins the 14th to make it to the second round of the state tourney
What type of industry does Powell County, Stanton, KY have to pay a coach to just coach? One car dealership?
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:What type of industry does Powell County, Stanton, KY have to pay a coach to just coach? One car dealership?

They also have UPS but the car dealership, the owner is a BIG $$$ sponsor to PC Athletics. He sponsors all 3 tournaments that they host. Boys basketball tourney, baseball and softball tourneys. Usually if he wants something done he gets it done.
What kind of team does Fraley inherit?
Deer Park Wrote:What kind of team does Fraley inherit?

They lose 4 from last season. I'd say probably about the same give or take
Wishing Dave and Powell Co. the best of luck. Dave is a Great Coach. I followed him last time he left Powell Co. hard act to follow. Good Luck.
I heard 3 kids from souhwest Pulaski will be joing him and maybe a kid from Wayne Co if this is true dont know if it is they may be the team to beat. I know this there recruiting and that fine with me lets see who all show up in stanton.
Not true
Why would he take kids from the town his son is coaching? If they are players I'm sure he wouldn't do anything to hurt his boy's chances of winning. They would just go to Pulaski Co.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Why would he take kids from the town his son is coaching? If they are players I'm sure he wouldn't do anything to hurt his boy's chances of winning. They would just go to Pulaski Co.
Really?? His son is coaching at PC not Southwest. He would be doing his son a favor by weakening Wayne and Southwest. Of course no one knows who will exactly show up at Mercer County lol!!
What I was saying was if he had the ability to get a really good kid to transfer schools why wouldn't he just send them to his son?
not what im hearing. waite to school starts is what im told
Powell will be happy with him!!
Fraley is a very good coach. Powell should be very happy