Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does N Korea Have the H Bomb?
(CNN)—North Korea bragged Wednesday about the "spectacular success" of its first ever hydrogen bomb test, a defiant act that leader Kim Jong Un -- in a statement read on state television -- said would "make the world ... look up to our strong nuclear country."
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-off...-strategic

If you were around in 1994 you heard the following: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey...rth-korea#

According to our President, we can verify that Iran is living up to our "deal" any time we want. Further, if they should violate the terms of the deal, sanctions would 'snap back' into effect. Funny thing is, that is exactly what Billy Boy told us back in 1994 about N Korea. Maj Gen Robert Scales (Ret US Army) today said that within a matter of days or weeks, N Korea will test fire an ICBM that could reach Hawaii or Alaska.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:(CNN)—North Korea bragged Wednesday about the "spectacular success" of its first ever hydrogen bomb test, a defiant act that leader Kim Jong Un -- in a statement read on state television -- said would "make the world ... look up to our strong nuclear country."
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-off...-strategic

If you were around in 1994 you heard the following: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey...rth-korea#

According to our President, we can verify that Iran is living up to our "deal" any time we want. Further, if they should violate the terms of the deal, sanctions would 'snap back' into effect. Funny thing is, that is exactly what Billy Boy told us back in 1994 about N Korea. Maj Gen Robert Scales (Ret US Army) today said that within a matter of days or weeks, N Korea will test fire an ICBM that could reach Hawaii or Alaska.

If so and anything is possible, if our leadership had a pair we would force the hand of China to kick kimjong in the arse and demand an end to their nuclear development or we raise tariffs on Chinese imports. Enlisting their help makes good sense.

If unwilling to do so we inform them we will begin precision air strikes on N. Korean chosen locations to send their nuclear program back decades! It's time to start playing hardball with kimjong and China doesn't want US Bombers close to their airspace.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/07/world/....html?_r=0

Guess we may find out in the weeks ahead just how pissed China is over the bomb test???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
As Trump said make China deal with there lap dog. If they don't start crushing them in trade.
Spirit100 Wrote:If so and anything is possible, if our leadership had a pair we would force the hand of China to kick kimjong in the arse and demand an end to their nuclear development or we raise tariffs on Chinese imports. Enlisting their help makes good sense.

If unwilling to do so we inform them we will begin precision air strikes on N. Korean chosen locations to send their nuclear program back decades! It's time to start playing hardball with kimjong and China doesn't want US Bombers close to their airspace.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/07/world/....html?_r=0

Guess we may find out in the weeks ahead just how pissed China is over the bomb test???

^^ You mean the bomb test that is to be immediately followed up by the illegal intercontinental ballistic missile test? LOL

If you went to the link and listened to News Anchor Dan Rather extoll the greatness of Bill Clinton's 1994 nuke deal with N Korea, you saw and heard the eerie similarity as is being respoken by today's liberal media with regard to the Iran nuke deal jokingly negotiated by John Kerry. Thanks to the dutiful media of the day making their national 'hard sell' to the American public, all we really got for our dime back in 1994 was to give said public reason to think we had saved face in the eyes of the world. But what we really did despite all the skillful crawfishing, empty rhetoric and 'political speak', was to back down in the face of a very small and insignificant military threat as posed by N Korea. And all the high fives and cheerleading from the left notwithstanding, it would appear that we have gotten even less in our deal with Iran.

But this is the way with the liberal. Roosevelt said speak softly and carry a big stick. In their typically convoluted style, the liberal speaks softly and mothballs the US Armed Services. Retired military and knowledgeable analysts are predicting a regular jail break among our foes during the coming year. And BTW, thanks to Bill's greatness, we now face a N Korea that may well be able to deliver an atomic device of some magnitude to US shores. His admirers certainly enjoy looking through those rose colored glasses while looking nostalgically back on the Clinton Era, do they not? Bill Clinton rode Ronald Reagan's coat tails, that's all. It was Reagan who righted this ship of state, I saw it all go down. At any rate, let us not leave the point I was making in any way undeveloped. When reality comes knocking, whether it be in the Crimean Peninsula, Syria or as seen in a 63 percent labor participation rate, self delusion is the liberal's closest friend.

By the time the Clinton Era was mercifully over, all branches of the US Armed Services, the CIA, Secret Service and the FBI were all decimated. Now, under the direction of yet another liberal President, it has all happened again. Only this time, in a much more dangerous world.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:^^ You mean the bomb test that is to be immediately followed up by the illegal intercontinental ballistic missile test? LOL

If you went to the link and listened to News Anchor Dan Rather extoll the greatness of Bill Clinton's 1994 nuke deal with N Korea, you saw and heard the eerie similarity as is being respoken by today's liberal media with regard to the Iran nuke deal jokingly negotiated by John Kerry. Thanks to the dutiful media of the day making their national 'hard sell' to the American public, all we really got for our dime back in 1994 was to give said public reason to think we had saved face in the eyes of the world. But what we really did despite all the skillful crawfishing, empty rhetoric and 'political speak', was to back down in the face of a very small and insignificant military threat as posed by N Korea. And all the high fives and cheerleading from the left notwithstanding, it would appear that we have gotten even less in our deal with Iran.

But this is the way with the liberal. Roosevelt said speak softly and carry a big stick. In their typically convoluted style, the liberal speaks softly and mothballs the US Armed Services. Retired military and knowledgeable analysts are predicting a regular jail break among our foes during the coming year. And BTW, thanks to Bill's greatness, we now face a N Korea that may well be able to deliver an atomic device of some magnitude to US shores. His admirers certainly enjoy looking through those rose colored glasses while looking nostalgically back on the Clinton Era, do they not? Bill Clinton rode Ronald Reagan's coat tails, that's all. It was Reagan who righted this ship of state, I saw it all go down. At any rate, let us not leave the point I was making in any way undeveloped. When reality comes knocking, whether it be in the Crimean Peninsula, Syria or as seen in a 63 percent labor participation rate, self delusion is the liberal's closest friend.

By the time the Clinton Era was mercifully over, all branches of the US Armed Services, the CIA, Secret Service and the FBI were all decimated. Now, under the direction of yet another liberal President, it has all happened again. Only this time, in a much more dangerous world.
You're correct in that he has decimated every government agency. Countries now just laugh when the US makes a threat, Iran being the biggest example. Under this administration the world knows it's all smoke and mirrors, and just a big laughing stock. Clinton would be no different, as a matter of fact it may even be worse. China will only get involved if they in fact feel that it's a direct threat too them, and they know Obama is a blowhard so they are just sitting back laughing as well. Obama doesn't have the manhood to actually make China do anything, in fact, he's like a big bully. Other countries piss him off, and he makes it worse on Americans. Just like his new gun control that does nothing to prevent mass shootings, other countries attack us and he makes his own laws for us. Everyone wants too keep thinking little N Korea can't be a threat to the US, what happens when that day finally comes, and that little midget over there decides he's had enough of America? Then it's too late.
Sometimes the best thing one can do about a problem is to do nothing. We would all be better off if Obama spent the next year on a golf course. As bad as the news from North Korea sounds, it is not as bad as a deal that Obama and Sec. of State Lurch would negotiate.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Sometimes the best thing one can do about a problem is to do nothing. We would all be better off if Obama spent the next year on a golf course. As bad as the news from North Korea sounds, it is not as bad as a deal that Obama and Sec. of State Lurch would negotiate.

No question. It does none the less escape me as to how blazingly obvious existential threats are allowed to grow right under the noses of those who are threatened. Not only did we allow kim jong to go nuclear, we chose for the most part to try to ignore it. As recently as last year we were told that N Korea would be fumbling around trying to make a rocket work for the foreseeable future. No ICBM, no bomb delivery. As a matter of fact that very topic was discussed on this forum. And then there is Russia, though owing to sage foreign policy and the resultant financial collapse of the USSR, Reagan actually saw the fulfillment of his challenge to Mikhail Gorbachev come true, as a scant 2 years later demolition was begun on the Berlin Wall. Russia today remains a viable threat to the United States.

So let's recap those who would likely side against the US in armed conflict. The afore mentioned N Korea and Russia, China, and then there is the Arab World led by a newly reinvigorated and soon to be nuclear Iran. Added to that notable list one might well include Venezuela and Cuba.

I believe it was in the third Pink Panther movie, that Inspector Clouseau (who at that time was walking a beat) actually stopped sidewalk traffic to allow a speedier egress for some escaping bank robbers rushing to get to their getaway car. Anyone else remember that scene? That is who Sec Lurch reminds me of. The US is actually running interference for Iran to become nuclear. Reportedly, we've actually warned Israel not to try to use military force against Iranian nuclear facilities on pain of retaliation of some sort. The intelligence community is predicting an active nuclear arms race for the Middle East with the Saudis being the most likely candidate next in line to join the nuclear club.

Zechariah 14:11-12 (KJV)
V12 "And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth."

I cannot truthfully state that the 'plague' mentioned above is the familiar plight of those who are caught too close to ground zero of a nuclear explosion. But some notable Bible scholars believe the 'plague' will happen at or near the end of the Great Tribulation. At any rate, it is hard to imagine WW3 happening without nuclear confrontation. And the way I understand it, people standing on their feet in 8,000 degree heat would burn up instantaneously. In case you're wondering, these are the nations possessing a nuclear arsenal. United States, Russia, Great Britain, France, China, North Korea, Pakistan, India, Israel, and maybe Iran?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:No question. It does none the less escape me as to how blazingly obvious existential threats are allowed to grow right under the noses of those who are threatened. Not only did we allow kim jong to go nuclear, we chose for the most part to try to ignore it. As recently as last year we were told that N Korea would be fumbling around trying to make a rocket work for the foreseeable future. No ICBM, no bomb delivery. As a matter of fact that very topic was discussed on this forum. And then there is Russia, though owing to sage foreign policy and the resultant financial collapse of the USSR, Reagan actually saw the fulfillment of his challenge to Mikhail Gorbachev come true, as a scant 2 years later demolition was begun on the Berlin Wall. Russia today remains a viable threat to the United States.

So let's recap those who would likely side against the US in armed conflict. The afore mentioned N Korea and Russia, China, and then there is the Arab World led by a newly reinvigorated and soon to be nuclear Iran. Added to that notable list one might well include Venezuela and Cuba.

I believe it was in the third Pink Panther movie, that Inspector Clouseau (who at that time was walking a beat) actually stopped sidewalk traffic to allow a speedier egress for some escaping bank robbers rushing to get to their getaway car. Anyone else remember that scene? That is who Sec Lurch reminds me of. The US is actually running interference for Iran to become nuclear. Reportedly, we've actually warned Israel not to try to use military force against Iranian nuclear facilities on pain of retaliation of some sort. The intelligence community is predicting an active nuclear arms race for the Middle East with the Saudis being the most likely candidate next in line to join the nuclear club.

Zechariah 14:11-12 (KJV)
V12 "And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth."

I cannot truthfully state that the 'plague' mentioned above is the familiar plight of those who are caught too close to ground zero of a nuclear explosion. But some notable Bible scholars believe the 'plague' will happen at or near the end of the Great Tribulation. At any rate, it is hard to imagine WW3 happening without nuclear confrontation. And the way I understand it, people standing on their feet in 8,000 degree heat would burn up instantaneously. In case you're wondering, these are the nations possessing a nuclear arsenal. United States, Russia, Great Britain, France, China, North Korea, Pakistan, India, Israel, and maybe Iran?
^I am also very concerned that multiple existential threats have not only been allowed to grow on Obama's "watch," but have received assists from Obama, Hillary, Lurch, et al.

If what I have read about EMPs is accurate, it would not take a large nuclear stockpile to destroy human life as we know it in this country. I have not seen the estimates on the number, size, and altitude of hydrogen bombs detonated above the U.S. that would be necessary to completely destroy our power grid, computers, and most mechanized transportation (because of the reliance on electronics) in this country, but I suspect a handful of bombs detonated at a high altitude would result in mass starvation within a few weeks.

For a country like China, which is overpopulated and has a toxic atmosphere in much of the country, EMPs would be an ideal way to attack us. China has created its own internal existential threats and I don't think that its leaders would hesitate to destroy U.S. civilization in exchange for de-populated land with an existing infrastructure. The disappearance of its largest trading partner might lead to the starvation of millions of China's citizens, but that event is not without precedent.

If we survive one more year and elect the right candidate to office, we will have a good shot at staving off destruction. We cannot afford to make a mistake in the 2016 election. Bernie and Hillary Clinton are existential threats. Hopefully, there are enough career law enforcement people left in the FBI to sink Hillary's campaign. If Bernie is electable, then maybe we deserve the fate that awaits us as a country.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:^I am also very concerned that multiple existential threats have not only been allowed to grow on Obama's "watch," but have received assists from Obama, Hillary, Lurch, et al.

If what I have read about EMPs is accurate, it would not take a large nuclear stockpile to destroy human life as we know it in this country. I have not seen the estimates on the number, size, and altitude of hydrogen bombs detonated above the U.S. that would be necessary to completely destroy our power grid, computers, and most mechanized transportation (because of the reliance on electronics) in this country, but I suspect a handful of bombs detonated at a high altitude would result in mass starvation within a few weeks.

For a country like China, which is overpopulated and has a toxic atmosphere in much of the country, EMPs would be an ideal way to attack us. China has created its own internal existential threats and I don't think that its leaders would hesitate to destroy U.S. civilization in exchange for de-populated land with an existing infrastructure. The disappearance of its largest trading partner might lead to the starvation of millions of China's citizens, but that event is not without precedent.

If we survive one more year and elect the right candidate to office, we will have a good shot at staving off destruction. We cannot afford to make a mistake in the 2016 election. Bernie and Hillary Clinton are existential threats. Hopefully, there are enough career law enforcement people left in the FBI to sink Hillary's campaign. If Bernie is electable, then maybe we deserve the fate that awaits us as a country.

I tell ya, I'm getting to the point where I can't stomach the news. Not that I could tolerate being exposed to an entire Bernie Sanders speech anyway, but in saying that, just being subjected to his sound bites reveals all one would ever want to know about him. He and Hillary have been busy threatening wall streeters with kremlinesque regulations, and Hill wants to jail some of them. I am still trying to wrap my head around somebody like her even mentioning jailing a banker. So this morning Charlie Gasparino was on Neil Cavuto's Saturday show mocking Bernie and Hil-lie-ry and saying what they wanted to do would be illegal. Duh, the morons might do well to ask themselves what's been legal about the entire past 7 years.

Congress seems to have lost it's power and the "people" seem to have lost their minds and their will to succeed.

I have a huge concern about this last year of the La-La. Added to that is the fact that the average joe has been so permeated with liberal logic, most of it is generally accepted and parroted without question. For example, this whole idea that Radical Islam is some kind of aberration is way off the mark if you ask me. Beau Deitl was just wearing it out last night, preaching on and on about how we must prove to the Arab World that we are caring and trustworthy. And then they will embrace the West.

Well Beau, Radical Islam is the rule, not the exception. Not to say that there is not a reformist movement within Islamic circles, however, when the bleeding hearts get up there like the Mayor of Philadelphia did last night to embarrass himself in front of the world, I have great concern that sanity is lost. According to the good Mayor, Islam has nothing to do with violence and even referenced the Quran to that end. I will take the word of folks like Brigitte Gabriel where it comes to the Quran's advocacy toward violence. Not the Mayor from silly Philly.

But, in my mind you are right. If we can just hang on long enough to survive the Obama nightmare, the right man could ride in and save us. Seriously though, this is going to be a long year and I don't think Obummer has one ounce of concern over the consternation of the right. He's got that steamroller pen and plenty of back ups, and after having ignored the Congress since Dems lost the gavel anyway, he's not about to shed any fake crocodile tears in doing the same in his final year. But, if we do survive and life goes on for a while you can bet that I will not be forgetting the despicable actions of FOX News. They want Rubio or Christie and quite literally have become the anti-Trump and to a lesser degree, the anti-Cruz campaign channel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If you were the flaming socialist that is Bernie, how could you NOT start attacking Hillary full force over these emails right now?

He has 0% chance to win without doing so. Is being "nice" to her more important than getting the dem nomination? If I were his tem I would start right now with the fact that she could be in prison come general election time and in turn would hand the repubs the white house with ease.

Just like his ideals are stupid, apparently so is whoever the idiots managing his campaign are.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If you were the flaming socialist that is Bernie, how could you NOT start attacking Hillary full force over these emails right now?

He has 0% chance to win without doing so. Is being "nice" to her more important than getting the dem nomination? If I were his tem I would start right now with the fact that she could be in prison come general election time and in turn would hand the repubs the white house with ease.

Just like his ideals are stupid, apparently so is whoever the idiots managing his campaign are.
I think Sanders is in the race to distract voters from the fact that the DNC has rigged the race to coronate Hillary as its candidate. Bernie could not possibly have expected to be competitive for the nomination.

It is beginning to look unlikely that Hillary will make it to the convention. If the FBI does not refer charges against Clinton, then I will be shocked if no senior agents resign in a very public way. James Comey has 7 or 8 years left on his contract as the FBI Director, so he may even publicly attack the DoJ and Obama if no charges are filed against Hillary. The maximum sentence for what Hillary has done would probably total hundreds, if not thousands of years. It is hard to see her escaping this mess.

The question will then become how the DNC can manage to field a credible candidate to replace Hillary. The rumors of Clinton's serious health issues, concussion, confusion, etc. may have been planted to provide her with an excuse to exit the campaign early and generate some sympathy.

I don't believe that Bernie wanted or expected to be president. It is not a job for an old man with little energy.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I think Sanders is in the race to distract voters from the fact that the DNC has rigged the race to coronate Hillary as its candidate. Bernie could not possibly have expected to be competitive for the nomination.

It is beginning to look unlikely that Hillary will make it to the convention. If the FBI does not refer charges against Clinton, then I will be shocked if no senior agents resign in a very public way. James Comey has 7 or 8 years left on his contract as the FBI Director, so he may even publicly attack the DoJ and Obama if no charges are filed against Hillary. The maximum sentence for what Hillary has done would probably total hundreds, if not thousands of years. It is hard to see her escaping this mess.

The question will then become how the DNC can manage to field a credible candidate to replace Hillary. The rumors of Clinton's serious health issues, concussion, confusion, etc. may have been planted to provide her with an excuse to exit the campaign early and generate some sympathy.

I don't believe that Bernie wanted or expected to be president. It is not a job for an old man with little energy.

LOL, credible in whose eyes?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, credible in whose eyes?
Not mine. I don't think that Democrats have many credible candidates in most Democrats' eyes either. When Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, or maybe Duval Patrick is the answer, then you know that the question was stupid. This country has undergone a deep decline under Obama, but I still do not believe that the answer to that question is a 75 year old socialist.

It will be very interesting to see if and how the DNC will manage to ease Sanders out of the picture if Hillary is forced to withdraw from the race. Maybe both of the Democrat contenders will withdraw for "health" reasons and to spend more time with their families. It will also be interesting to watch Martin O'Malley's reaction, a man who could not even qualify as a write-in candidate in the Ohio Democrat Primary.

Looking on the bright side from a Democrat's perspective, the shorter campaign that a candidate like Biden or Warren has to run against Trump or Cruz, the better.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Not mine. I don't think that Democrats have many credible candidates in most Democrats' eyes either. When Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, or maybe Duval Patrick is the answer, then you know that the question was stupid. This country has undergone a deep decline under Obama, but I still do not believe that the answer to that question is a 75 year old socialist.

It will be very interesting to see if and how the DNC will manage to ease Sanders out of the picture if Hillary is forced to withdraw from the race. Maybe both of the Democrat contenders will withdraw for "health" reasons and to spend more time with their families. It will also be interesting to watch Martin O'Malley's reaction, a man who could not even qualify as a write-in candidate in the Ohio Democrat Primary.

Looking on the bright side from a Democrat's perspective, the shorter campaign that a candidate like Biden or Warren has to run against Trump or Cruz, the better.

^^Confusednicker:
I'm just trying to come up with some rationale that Dems could use to save face here. There just doesn't seem to be one other than what you have suggested. Since the Dem default setting blames only Republicans for everything from chronic workplace illness to global warming, they've managed to box themselves in like no Republican plot could have ever done. I mean, no matter how creatively Dems may shuffle the deck, the list still dies after the first two names pop up, those being Dumb and Dumber. Seriously, how does one salvage or pass muster even by today's dubious political standards, when comparing the two party's candidate fields reads like the Republican's Who's Who, against the Dem's Cheech and Chong? And I would defy anybody to challenge me on the basics, as to whether the politics of the liberal/progressive wing of the Dems, is in any way notably different to those of Cheech and Chong BTW.

Although I do not believe it could happen, I can see where anxiety of "the people" has given rise to concerns that Obama may try to pull some shenanigan to stay in office past his term. Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket, Dems have outdone themselves this time!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There has been a bunch of talk the past couple of days about Biden and even Bloomberg even entering the race late. Could it be because the dem idiots limited there field to a future inmate and socialist? It's too funny
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There has been a bunch of talk the past couple of days about Biden and even Bloomberg even entering the race late. Could it be because the dem idiots limited there field to a future inmate and socialist? It's too funny
It would be great for conservatives if Bloomberg decides to run. Two gun control advocates against one gun rights proponent. The Republican nominee might sweep all 50 states in that scenario.

Maybe Republicans should begin ridiculing the suggestion that Bloomberg will run for the White House. The Democrats might decide their only shot at retaining some power would be to endorse Bloomberg and forfeit the chance of electing a registered Democrat.

We are living in interesting times.